Cup Replay

Jago1953

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and people who went to Culter and season ticket holders would be the first in line. Oh no, wait. It's PTFC we're talking about!! :D

£10 for watching us play a junior team?

Even if they offered reduced prices for those there on Saturday & season ticket holders i'd still be thinking twice about going but £10 is too steep imo as is £5 for kids.

I'd like to know the board's thinking on this. I know Culter have to agree on the pricing but in effect they've now had two additional games plus extra prize money which they wouldn't have expected after being dumped out by Spartans in the previous round.

They're probably making a loss from this replay. Extra electricity costs for the floodlights, reaching the time of year where the USH might need a wee blast, splitting the gate...

£10/5 is perfectly reasonable. Anyone expecting less is delusional. They're not going to cut their noses to spite their faces.

What were the prices on Saturday?

£12 and £6.

Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but it's cash on the turnstile. Is this an admission that the ticket system is a waste of time?

Pretty sure it was cash at the turnstile at the Berwick cup debacle. Not sure what difference it makes whether it's a league or cup game but that seems to be what determines the method of gaining entry to the stadium. :unsure:

Pretty sure it was cash at the turnstile at the Berwick cup debacle. Not sure what difference it makes whether it's a league or cup game but that seems to be what determines the method of gaining entry to the stadium. :unsure:

Saving money on printing the wee stub things we hand over

Having tickets all at one bit when the price is £17 means all the change can be kept in one place meaning gates wont run out of change like what happened at Falkirk after 10 people went through. £10 at gate = not that much change required so can be pay at turnstiles.

(thats my guess anyway and I think it makes sense)

Well I'll be going along to see us do what we should have done first time around. Culter had their chance at the end of the game on Saturday and fortunately failed to take it. I'd be very surprised if we do not win by 5 as fully expect the players to be very much fired up for the reply. Not that I think it will have anything to do with the abuse they got at full time, more from hearing the Culter team celebrating in the dressing room after the game. Never a nice experience!

Hopefully there will be a decent attendance, though from the responses it's looks like a few of the regulars are going to give it a miss.

Lets just hope their is no repeat of last weekend's shambles.

The least the Club should be doing is giving everyone who attended at Culter a voucher for a free pie. And most certainly not our usual poor fare either. As a way of penance Mr Balatoni should dispatched to the Richmond Arms, Petercoulter with an order for 350 of those real tasty pies. :thumbsup2:

I wouldn't trust him not to scoff half of them on the way back though.

Ill be there with my brother doing what we love supporting the jags......

Were not glory hunters were JAGS FANS FFS........

No matter how bad things look theres always the next match to look forward to with expectation and hope,

but thats what it is to be a jags fan or so i believed.............................................................................SEE YA ALL THERE SAT

Couldnt agree more with this quote,

i will say this i dont go to away games but always look foward to my home games, never once have i came out of firhill saying i wont be back

This is when the club needs us most

In my opinion, for what it's worth, I think the price for the game will cover costs and will make us no money. Think the game is priced accordingly. We should make no profit from this shambles but we shouldn't consider making any more loses than we have to.

You honestly believe that? Glad you're not running the club. We'd be much worse off.

People have to remember that, it's your choice to go to the games. Thistle are not pulling you from your beds in the morning, marching you to the cash machine at gun point then threatening to kill your family if you don't turn up on a Saturday.

Get a grip. Saturday was a bad result for us and a good one for Culter. The romance of the cup and all that.

If Thistle were to owe the fans free entry because of bad results, we would have probably went out of business about 70 years ago!

I've been following Thistle for about 35 years now and i've never really had the expectation that some of you have on here. I'm just happy that they still exist.

£10 for adults on Saturday is a good price. Almost half price!

I've even managed to get a couple of former regulars to come to the game on Saturday, and that's before i found out it was a tenner to get in.

Maybe some of you should do the same.

Alot of negativity on this forum.

You honestly believe that? Glad you're not running the club. We'd be much worse off.

People have to remember that, it's your choice to go to the games. Thistle are not pulling you from your beds in the morning, marching you to the cash machine at gun point then threatening to kill your family if you don't turn up on a Saturday.

Get a grip. Saturday was a bad result for us and a good one for Culter. The romance of the cup and all that.

If Thistle were to owe the fans free entry because of bad results, we would have probably went out of business about 70 years ago!

I've been following Thistle for about 35 years now and i've never really had the expectation that some of you have on here. I'm just happy that they still exist.

I've even managed to get a couple of former regulars to come to the game on Saturday, and that's before i found out it was a tenner to get in.

Not going to lie. Was extremely embarrased by the result on saturday. But Im still going to go along on Saturday and allow the players to make it right. Im even bringing a couple of neutral supporting mates as the gate is only a £10er compared to SD1 prices of £17 or SPL prices of £22.

Use the spare cash to get a few beers and enjoy the day.

yes I honestly beleive that our club should not profit from the replay, as we dont feckin deserve it.

as for running the club, i'm also glad that I don't.

as I said, the game is priced accordingly, and i'm happy to pay £10.00 for the priviledge of watching a game of football.

would also say that at much more than £10.00 then I prob wouldnt go to this game. as you say my choice,

Edited by Gordie

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Someone on this thread said Saturday is make or break?

I don't think there is any 'make' element at all, but certainly lots of break.

The real make or break situations arise over the next couple of months - away games at Ayr, Morton, County and Hamilton. 2 of them at night. Its going to be cold and people are going to have to roll the sleeves up and get stuck in. Lets see who wants it.