Total Over Exageration From Last Week

Fistle1876

Upsets happen in the cup, that's what makes it special. Have a look at the link from 2005/2006.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/4565036.stm

It's a pity that the majority of these upsets happen in the FA Cup. We don't seem to get quite as many up here.

Stenny beating Aberdeen comes to mind. Clyde v Celtic. This season in league cup there have been a few. Sadly we were on the wrong end of one with Berwick.

There have been a few non league teams in England who have caused some upsets over the years.

Did Sutton not knock out Coventry (who had won the cup the year before) ? Stevenage v Newcastle ?

Just hope come 4:45 tomorrow, we are not on the end of another.

I guess that if you went through the results of most Scottish clubs you will find a freak result,two come into mind Berwick Rangers against Glasgow Rangers and Celtic v Inverness and both of them got beat! I dont know if any of you noticed the betting last week.Culter were as low as 7 to 1 to win, yet you could get 12 to 1 St Johnstone at Ibrox

The result last week created a reaction thats had been brewing for weeks/months..

and a total over reaction as usual.

news flash, Patrick thistle are not a massive team that will storm the 1 div, we are a club with a young (cheap) team of not bad players who on there day can play well.

it does NOT help young players to be cheered onto the pitch then have abuse screamed at them 5 mins in because they made a mistake, they need our support to help there confidence not abuse.

I know they are frustrating, at our level what do you expect but please stop this rubbish of screaming abuse at player during the match, IT DOESNT WORK/HELP them play better infact can make it worse.

fredthecheesecloth, the above is not at you but a general view on our supporters

Edited by jaggybunnet

Nope. I know you find my perceived negativity boring, just as I feel like hitting my head off the screen every time I read one of your eye-wateringly sanctimonious posts, but I feel that I react to the things happening around me and my posts generally have a point.

You, on the other hand, automatically assume 'super fan' mode. Unless, of course, the topic is Gary Harkins, when you're quite happy to chuck about ill-informed negativity with abundance. It seems we all have our little bugbears.

Nope. I know you find my perceived negativity boring, just as I feel like hitting my head off the screen every time I read one of your eye-wateringly sanctimonious posts, but I feel that I react to the things happening around me and my posts generally have a point.

You, on the other hand, automatically assume 'super fan' mode. Unless, of course, the topic is Gary Harkins, when you're quite happy to chuck about ill-informed negativity with abundance. It seems we all have our little bugbears.

sanctimonious posts, where? just because i am realistic about the level of our players and dont beleive that screaming abuse does any good. yes sometimes you have a point but you then add your "sanctimonious"

attitude to players and how they live.

i am anything but a super fan and get to games when i can, if i ever pick out an individual palyer it is to show that they all make mistakes and ref harkins he made more that his fair share as well, so please tell me how it was "ill-informed" :thumbsup2:

anyway enjoy the game to day and we can cheer the players....the whole match and you can take conrad out for a beer coke and tell him the error of his ways :D:P