Ah The Mammaries!

Lindau

As the headlines implies AG, we have seen alot of tits on display at the old ground, but some real gems as well. Rough, Campbell, Anderson, Glavin, McParland, Duffy, Harvey,McKinnon, Hansen, Watson, Craig, Somner, Lindau, John Donnelly, Buckley, Lennon...just to name a few of my personal favourites that have played on the hallowed turf!

Edited by Lindau

The JH stand has seen some great times and players as well but the old shed could generate a great atmosphere with a lot less fans in it.In the days when the opposition fans stood the other side of the fence the noise coming across the pitch was brillant.No going back to the days of beer cans (and once a flaming pie) being lobbed over at opposition fans but things really havent been the same since.

The JH stand has seen some great times and players as well but the old shed could generate a great atmosphere with a lot less fans in it.In the days when the opposition fans stood the other side of the fence the noise coming across the pitch was brillant.No going back to the days of beer cans (and once a flaming pie) being lobbed over at opposition fans but things really havent been the same since.

The old shed was magic!!! Have had some electrifying times in there.

Cant remember who we were playing but does anyone remember about 10 minutes into a game a crowd of Morton casuals entered at the City End and proceeded to walk into the shed and cause a bit of mayhem. It was surreal as we werent playing Morton. Think their game was a late postponement and they came in to seek a bit of revenge with some of the NGE/Jags casuals. It was a bit radio rental for about 5 mins!!

Edited by Lindau

Cant remember who we were playing but does anyone remember about 10 minutes into a game a crowd of Morton casuals entered at the City End and proceeded to walk into the shed and cause a bit of mayhem. It was surreal as we werent playing Morton. Think their game was a late postponement and they came in to seek a bit of revenge with some of the NGE/Jags casuals. It was a bit radio rental for about 5 mins!!

Did that not happen with the Section B as well?

Did that not happen with the Section B as well?

Pretty sure it was Morton fans, but hey the memory gets hazy as you get older, so you maybe right....was a pretty scary 5 minutes or so. Remember the cops who used to stand in the enclosure where the teams run out now, just standing there and doing sod all as about 20/30 of these clowns WALKED all the way along the terracing and into the shed and creating a bit of mayhem!!

Edited by Lindau

As the headlines implies AG, we have seen alot of tits on display at the old ground, but some real gems as well. Rough, Campbell, Anderson, Glavin, McParland, Duffy, Harvey,McKinnon, Hansen, Watson, Craig, Somner, Lindau, John Donnelly, Buckley, Lennon...just to name a few of my personal favourites that have played on the hallowed turf!

Plus the other Hansen, Forsyth and the rest of the 71 team, Bobby Houston, Mo Johnston and Chic Charnley....

yeah, was half expecting it to be mentioned tbh..

as you say it was quite surreal as it wasn't our opponents that day, can remember been ushered into the shed due to my age before watching some mad guy runnin at the lot of them and flying in! then as you say a bit of madness with the thistle fans protecting our end for aboot 5 mins.. still no idea who we played that day or the score but i'll always remember that!

Think this must have been the game my mate and I held our sons (5 and 6 at the time?) over the boundary wall at the halfway line and dropped them onto the grass. Jumped down ourselves and walked half the length of the park while the game was going on and no-one seemed to notice!

Think this must have been the game my mate and I held our sons (5 and 6 at the time?) over the boundary wall at the halfway line and dropped them onto the grass. Jumped down ourselves and walked half the length of the park while the game was going on and no-one seemed to notice!

Thats right, some parents were putting there kids over the wall and letting them drop onto the grass and lets be honest, it was a fair drop onto the pitch in those days. Shows how scary it was for 5 minutes or so

I genuinely thought you had footage of the female streaker, when we played Celtic at Firhill in the 70s (or was it 80s?) .Vague memory that it was a weekday afternoon? Anyone remember?

Its was a Saturday game and I was in the main stand with a certain player who was injured and had got us comps. She was right behind us when we went for our half time hospitality, but at this point she was covered up, but we were pretty sure something was going on. She was a bit of a horror, facial wise. We missed the action as we were inside the stand. Pretty sure her name was Norma....in fact it might have been Norma Snockers!!!

Edited by Lindau

Although we often tend to look back in time with rose-tinted spectacles and all that, this WAS the real Firhill where the real Partick Thistle played, and where Thistle fans turned out in their thousands every other Saturday.

Over a million pounds worth of 'improvements' later, the game's just about up. Like just about everybody else, I really really loved that place. As you got within about 400 yards of the ground on match days, there was a buzz that hit you in the stomach and made you walk a bit faster towards the turnstiles. Out there on Firhill Road were the programme sellers, the fanzine sellers, the dodgy looking blokes selling "yer colours", and a general throng of Thistle people - the Thistle family - anticipating another day of Thistleness, whatever that turned out to be. A dreich November Saturday afternoon spent in the shed, irrespective of the result, was better than anything else imaginable and made us what we are now.

It's one of the great mysteries of the modern era - how you can spend a small fortune on having the magic drained out a place as sacred as our spiritual home. Being the eternal optimists that we are though, we yearn for - and unstintingly believe in the possibility of - a return to the days of real Thistle, playing at a real Firhill.

Monni Jags.

Nearest we'll see to a crowded Firhill will be tonight on Alba. Been told it's a sell out at circa 8500. I'm assuming the Main Stand will not be used. Also told they could have got more but because tickets were available before the game it's been limited,

edited to add they did indeed use the Main Stand and lifted this from the Scotsman

Strangely for a sold-out match there were more than a thousand empty seats in Firhill Stadium, the explanation being that Glasgow had had to reduce the capacity for safety reasons due to allowing unrestricted seating.

However, at 8,852 it was still out of the ordinary and to hear chants from three sides of the stadium pointed to the potential that exists for building the Warriors.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Its was a Saturday game and I was in the main stand with a certain player who was injured and had got us comps. She was right behind us when we went for our half time hospitality, but at this point she was covered up, but we were pretty sure something was going on. She was a bit of a horror, facial wise. We missed the action as we were inside the stand. Pretty sure her name was Norma....in fact it might have been Norma Snockers!!!

Aye, right, female streaker bombs onto Firhill and you're looking at her face.

:sign::shok:

Aye, right, female streaker bombs onto Firhill and you're looking at her face.

:sign::shok:

LOL... you never read my post right. We went for a half time cup of tea and in those days in the main stand, you had to go down a set of stairs to get to the eating place. On our way down the stairs she was right behind us. She certainly wasnt topless at this point but just looking at her, you could tell she was up to something. She was wearing a jacket and it was pretty clear she had little on underneath it. She was also accompanied by a couple of heavies (no not her knockers!!) which made it even more suspicious looking. First time I actually saw the incident on the pitch was when it was shown on Scotsport the following day!!!

Think I'm confusing myself. The one I meant was something to do with Radio Clyde and fund raising. The people were running round taking the aplause and one girl "stood out". The crowd started singing "get them off" and she did. I was in the Main Stand, with my Dad,who was a Celtic fan. He worked every Saturday ,so it wasn't a Saturday and I don't remember floodlights. Please note that I could have dreamt the entire episode!