Hmrc Says No

Norgethistle

• Members

I reckon they'd just buy another team out, lock stock and barrel and rebrand them as Rangers FC. Pretty much the same as Airdrie did with Clydebank. Almost certainly it would be a first division Club. Maybe even one that has half a ground up for sale. Be careful what you wish for.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airdrie perhaps.

Norge, when can we expect this wonderful news? I can't say I'm fussed about the collapse of Rangers but I'm concerned about the knock-on effect it could have for the rest of the clubs. I include Thistle in that. Scottish football's a village.

Still, brew up a pint of coffee, grab the chocolate biscuits and sit down to watch the fun.

Next 10 days I was informed, the other thing I was told by another person who's family is employed at ibrox was 30 days notice will be served to employees on Monday as per redundancy laws, not as reliable this source but this had came up in a different conversation not to do with football but the Scottish economy or lack of it

A sweeping and, frankly, ignorant generalisation. A lot of OF fans are simply follow the team that their families and friends support. They are taken to Ipox or Darkheid as children and stick with the team. Not all OF firms are bigots but a significant proportion are. I know several of the former group who switched to the Jags. Sadly, there are idiots who would hound them out of Firhill rather than accept them as coverts to the red and yellow.

Maybe its a generalisation.... or maybe its just the VAST MAJORITY of ugly sisters fans I've had the misfortune to meet. You may be ignorant enough to ignore their fans' Neanderthal ways. I'm not. As for "converts". I'd welcome all and any. What I definitely DON'T want is for either half of the o*d f*rm to go out of business and then come and support the Jags turning US into a replacement.... or worse still - the scenario Willjag paints.

Media coverage of this is scandalously deficient. If you ever suspected the media were in their back pocket, this confirms it. They're blatantly refusing to publish what they know, perhaps for fear of upsetting the great unwashed.

Have a read through the main articles in www.rangerstaxcase.com and you'll get a better idea of what's happened, as well as the likely outcomes. As with all blogs, you can't assume it's all 100% accurate, and it certainly has C*lt*c leanings, but there's a lot of investigative work on show. Probably best to read the main articles in chronological order, then the comments (fair amount of partisan comment in there, as you might expect).

If this plays out as expected, it'll be the best belated Christmas present ever .....

Obviously they will still exist in some shape or form.

Is it obvious?

The SPL is going to be pissing its troosers over this, given that the TV deal - and the all-singing, all-dancing new one - is about four Old Firm ties every season.

If the Rangers business goes into administration there'll be a 10-point penalty and, knowing the SPL, that's it. There are implications for Europe, as you say.

I'm curious to now what happens if Rangers, as constituted just now, folds completely. Is it obvious there'll be phoenix club and business? If so, will that happen straight away?

Willjag raises an interesting point about another club being bought over. With the clear need for the SPL to have 'Rangers' and Celtic playing, what happens to the league status of the club that's taken over?

Admission to the SPL will need a vote. Is it a 10 to one vote? Is there a mechanism in place for this at the SPL? SFA?

How would a team that came second in SFL1, one that might never have been in any financial trouble, feel about this cosy relationship?

What's the bet there's lots of making nice going on between the SPL and SFL right now about a unified governing body?

Interesting times.

If the Rangers business goes into administration

From what i heard administration isnt an option Rangers plc as it is now are going to cease to exist.

They will i assume rise like a phoenix from the ashes under another guise ( HMRC FC?) ans the SFL SPL will bend over backwards and walk over hot coals to accomodate them in the SPL

Interesting days indeed

From what I was told they were advised they were beat and the agreed delay was while they went back to the HRMC and asked for a payment plan, rangers asked for 15 yrs, HRMC said no, rangers tried to call their bluff and said fine we'll go into admin! HRMC said no, bankrupt

I get the impression that HMRC are applying policy here rather than pure commercial judgement. I'd have thought that providing Rangers could put up some sort of security that any sort of repayment scheme would be financially preferable.

If as it appears patience has snapped and HMRC want to get a message of enough is enough over then I can't think of a better example. Even so, that so many millions has been lost to the exchequer does suggest that it's not just Rangers FC that screwed up.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

No doubt HMRC would also like to send a message to the clubs in England whose financial situations are not too great—better to make an example of a Scottish club. But it'd have to be a big enough club for them to take note so their options will always be limited to two.

On the other hand I fully expect all of this to come to nothing and Rangers to get off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a nod and a wink from the SPL. As usual.

Hopefully not - H*uns Miraculously Reprieved - (Cheating?)

If this comes off (the h*ns' demise, that is), I hope their parasitic twin is killed off in the process.

I dont pretend to have spoken to any wise old sage regarding Rangers FC and HMRC, and threfore have onsight to what is actually happening, BUT even if they are on the verge of being wound up, I suspect that the Scottish football mafia will ensure that at the 59th minute of the 11th hour that some party (partirs) ride to the rescue and which involves the SPL,

There are FAR too many vested interests in the corrupt society that is Scottish football to let them die.

I've followed this story quite closely and even by the Motherwell Billionaire's own admission it does not look good. I would not shed a tear if they went belly up and I would hope we do not become the alternative to Celtic with an influx of fans from Govan way.

However I think this is unlikely to occur. And the reason for this is the reason that league reconstruction has been put on hold at this moment. I fully expect a new SPL, the Scottish Premiership for want of a better name, which will consist of 2 leagues, the teams being invited to join. One of the teams will be AFC Rangers of Ibrox and everyone else will go for it. With over half of the teams in Scotland in these 2 leagues, it will get approved. If any team strongly objects, they will be out. What team in their right mind would not back this given scenario if they are invited to the top table.

Can't see how Rangers will cease to exist. Let's be honest here, If either of the OF go bust then Scottish Football as we know it is finished. Would that be a bad thing? Wipe the slate clean and start again doesn't sound too bad at the moment, certainly can't get any worse than what we have just now

Can't see how Rangers will cease to exist. Let's be honest here, If either of the OF go bust then Scottish Football as we know it is finished. Would that be a bad thing? Wipe the slate clean and start again doesn't sound too bad at the moment, certainly can't get any worse than what we have just now

The sane way any other company ceases to exist if it is insolvent

The sane way any other company ceases to exist if it is insolvent

But this isn't just any other company now, is it? This is a football club for a start, and football clubs have NEVER behaved like other companies, which has been part of the problem.

And this isn't just any other club either, this is one of the old firm. You can get your bottom dollar that other clubs, the SPL, BskyB and countless other parties will be working behind the scenes to protect their own interests, to do that they NEED Rangers.

FFS, CELTIC need Rangers probably more than anyone.

I dont pretend to have spoken to any wise old sage regarding Rangers FC and HMRC, and threfore have onsight to what is actually happening, BUT even if they are on the verge of being wound up, I suspect that the Scottish football mafia will ensure that at the 59th minute of the 11th hour that some party (partirs) ride to the rescue and which involves the SPL,

There are FAR too many vested interests in the corrupt society that is Scottish football to let them die.

Alas, that's exactly how I see it being played out too. :(

FFS, CELTIC need Rangers probably more than anyone.

That's so very very true and can be backed up by the fact that with virtually all SPL fudged decision making they've voted en bloc.

Personally I'm only interested in following PTFC (even the standard of play and our division status comes secondary) and also the welfare of the international side. Perhaps a collapse of Scottish football triggered off by Rangers demise would have a negative effect on the latter, I really have no idea, but that would only be temporary.

So in my mind I can only see any re-alignment in Scottish football as a good thing. In fact believing that the status quo has no future I don't even see the risk factor involved. As the other cheek of the arse would undoubtedly suffer is a most welcome bonus.