Engerlund World Cup

Tam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cashley Cole would be good, missing a vital tackle at the edge of the box as Oezil bursts past him and hammers it Donovan stylee past Jamesy

He'd have to miss a penalty in order to be the next name on my list.

Nice thought though.

Cappello trying to put some of the blame on the goal that was denied. Yes it was a goal but come on Germany annihilated them, 4-1 or 4-2 as it could ahve been should have been 7-2.

Against the USA they were poor, against Algeria they were very poor, they were mediocre against a Slovenia team - remeber Slovenia has less than half the population of Scotland. true its the result that counts but never were they going to get anywhere in this World Cup. Better team Germany won who interestingly enough with this young squad could really end up dominating world football in a few years time.

Just saw 2 guys in the crowd dressed RAF uniforms with St.George flags as capes, no comment made.

What would have been said had it been Germans dressed as SS?

How many theme tunes to World War Two films did you hear being 'sung'? I heard the Dambusters and the Great Escape.

Just saw 2 guys in the crowd dressed RAF uniforms with St.George flags as capes, no comment made.

What would have been said had it been Germans dressed as SS?

Not as funny as the two crackers dressed up as St George - they must have been stewing. They've got a long way to go before they look as daft as some characters who follow Scotland.

I thought we were talking about England here, do we really have to bring in the great unwashed Rangers :rolleyes:

I'm sure I heard that servile piece of guff God Save The Queen, which is the national anthem for the UK. Up to them if they want to appropriate it. Did you know Drool Britannia was written by a Scot?

How many theme tunes to World War Two films did you hear being 'sung'? I heard the Dambusters and the Great Escape.

That's one of my pet aversions for my 'nothing better to do' moments - the Dambusters were a Commonwealth air crew led by an Australian and the Great Escape had about a dozen nations involved yet they're appropriated by idiots at football games. It's an almost Steven Spielberg view of history where only one country's story is ever important and everyone else is there for light relief.