Just In V Boring County

angry gaz

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that RC have changed their tune a bit since they brought Adams in. Not too long back now since they sacked the bunnet for serving up stultifying, anaesthetic football and getting to the top, or near the top of, the division at one point in the process.

They sacked the Bunnet for serving up stultifying, anaesthetic football at home. I missed the midweek game but I've never found they play negative at Victoria Pk. Next season all their league games are away from home so I can imagine Saturday's tedium becoming default.

Were the kids maybe moved to accommodate the County fans yesterday?

Maybe - but if thats the case - the club should just bloody move the kids area and shed around - simple really. But this is Partick Thistle - common sense isn't a strong point!

I really don't pay £17 to be annoyed to hell by a screechy child!

Maybe - but if thats the case - the club should just bloody move the kids area and shed around - simple really. But this is Partick Thistle - common sense isn't a strong point!

The 'Shed' is a standing area and is best accomodated where it is.

The family area is not situated at the back of the stand and would not be ideal - standing would not be encouraged - with the extra hassle to the stewards if this was pointed out and not taken with good grace. A police presence would be required, there would be more complaints if the shed was moved for one game, there would be unnecessary hassle informing fans of where they should sit and the subsequent movement of them through the concourse and it probably wasn't known one or two kids would screech and annoy some sensitive ears.

The thought of switching the sections probably didn't occour to the Club but why should it, It wouldn't be common sense.

The 'Shed' is a standing area and is best accomodated where it is.

The family area is not situated at the back of the stand and would not be ideal - standing would not be encouraged - with the extra hassle to the stewards if this was pointed out and not taken with good grace. A police presence would be required, there would be more complaints if the shed was moved for one game, there would be unnecessary hassle informing fans of where they should sit and the subsequent movement of them through the concourse and it probably wasn't known one or two kids would screech and annoy some sensitive ears.

The thought of switching the sections probably didn't occour to the Club but why should it, It wouldn't be common sense.

Sorry but I think you will find that Firhill is an all seated stadium. There are no standing areas, however some fans may choose to stand.

If we moved the shed end along where the away fans are sitting in the Jackie Husband stand just now and your away fans sat in the North stand then perhaps we could have an atmosphere. It wouldn't be that much hassle really. Yesterday was dire, a boring game combined with zero atmosphere apart from a few stupid claps when the goal keeper was going to kick the ball or a few chants of boring boring county.

If the club put a notice on the site a few days before saying that kids would be in the shed I would not have sat there. It would be easy enough to inform fans by putting a notice on the site. I think putting the fans of the club who are top of league in the Jackie husband stand was a stupid idea on Saturday. I hope Livi get the north stand even if they do only bring a few fans.

I don't have sensitive ears - I don't mind if kids wants to have fun but I do mind when one silly child acts like a brat and screech for 90 minutes and a parent fails to do their job and discipline it.

The family section was open as usual on Saturday. I was in it with my wife and son.

Yep, I was there too. Next to the County fans.

For what it's worth, as a parent, I'm really glad of the whole 'family friendly' thing, and that's throughout the Jackie Husband and not just in the Kids Zone. However, kids can be a real pisser if you're trying to watch the football - and the amount of 5/6 year olds who can sit through an afternoon at Firhill is small to non-existent. Peaceful co-existence, live and let live is what I'm saying here.

Er excuse me why should I have to move cos a kids being a brat? And say something, I guess I was hoping the parent would do their job and tell it to be quieter or give it a rest!

I like kids in the shed but when their just being annoying it's not cute! The dad in front of us bring his little girl to the game she has a good time and shes well behaved. If your kids want to make a racket and add nothing then there is a family section - sit there!

You make it out that it was my kid. It wasn't, as we sit in the family section.

Would say, however, unless the family involved were sitting in season ticket holder seats, then they had every right to be there. It's a pity, however, the parent didn't think that their child was being annoying and got their child to tone it down.

Think no matter where we sit , we will all find at least one person in the immediate area annoying. Just part and parcel of going to the football.

You make it out that it was my kid. It wasn't, as we sit in the family section.

Would say, however, unless the family involved were sitting in season ticket holder seats, then they had every right to be there. It's a pity, however, the parent didn't think that their child was being annoying and got their child to tone it down.

Think no matter where we sit , we will all find at least one person in the immediate area annoying. Just part and parcel of going to the football.

No I am not saying it was your kid. I get that they had every right to be there but if your kids going to be that annoying sit in the family section and be respectful of other fans!

I generally have no problem normally with people around me, I just don't like children who act like brats with parents who can't control them or tell them to shoosh!

Sorry but I think you will find that Firhill is an all seated stadium. There are no standing areas, however some fans may choose to stand.

If we moved the shed end along where the away fans are sitting in the Jackie Husband stand just now and your away fans sat in the North stand then perhaps we could have an atmosphere. It wouldn't be that much hassle really. Yesterday was dire, a boring game combined with zero atmosphere apart from a few stupid claps when the goal keeper was going to kick the ball or a few chants of boring boring county.

If the club put a notice on the site a few days before saying that kids would be in the shed I would not have sat there. It would be easy enough to inform fans by putting a notice on the site. I think putting the fans of the club who are top of league in the Jackie husband stand was a stupid idea on Saturday. I hope Livi get the north stand even if they do only bring a few fans.

I don't have sensitive ears - I don't mind if kids wants to have fun but I do mind when one silly child acts like a brat and screech for 90 minutes and a parent fails to do their job and discipline it.

I think you got my point about people being allowed to stand, in the shed only, without splitting hairs about the incorrect term I used. You would have appeared to have understood what I meant so highlighting my error does not add to the debate and is a bit churlish.

I think the official movement of the shed discussion has been done to death previously so no need for it to be reprised now. The reasons would also apply for a one off movement of the shed.

I wouldn't have a problem if the two dozen or so Ferranti fans sat in the JHS but the County fans should have been in the North Stand as there was enough of them to justify costs.

but the County fans should have been in the North Stand as there was enough of them to justify costs.

I take it you mean you assume there was enough of them to justify costs?

I'm not aware what the threshold is for opening the north stand. I suppose it also requires guesswork in anticipating roughly how many away supporters will travel. County or any other club can only advise on the number of supporters buses traveling.

No idea how many away fans turned up on Saturday but I hope numbers were low enough to not warrant extra policing/stewarding in the JHS.

I think you got my point about people being allowed to stand, in the shed only, without splitting hairs about the incorrect term I used. You would have appeared to have understood what I meant so highlighting my error does not add to the debate and is a bit churlish.

I think the official movement of the shed discussion has been done to death previously so no need for it to be reprised now. The reasons would also apply for a one off movement of the shed.

I wouldn't have a problem if the two dozen or so Ferranti fans sat in the JHS but the County fans should have been in the North Stand as there was enough of them to justify costs.

....and so endeth any hope of a return to any form of atmosphere at Firhill. It doesn't take the brains of Britain to work out the best atmosphere we ever had was when the home and away support were in close proximity. That means North Stand with away support, JHS with Home support at the North End. The way it was before the BOD decided to move from the Main Stand to the north of the JHS and turn that immediate area into a kiddy zone before starting the patronising pap of calling the City End of the JHS "The Shed". FFS

Those who remember 03/04 will remember when the shed was at the north end. The police/stewards became more strict. With the police box there, it'd only be worse. Also, the songs that were starte struggled to spread to the rest of the support, so with half as many fans going or less, it'd probably not make any difference. The only change would be there'd be more crap banter mouthing off with away fans.

....and so endeth any hope of a return to any form of atmosphere at Firhill. It doesn't take the brains of Britain to work out the best atmosphere we ever had was when the home and away support were in close proximity. That means North Stand with away support, JHS with Home support at the North End. The way it was before the BOD decided to move from the Main Stand to the north of the JHS and turn that immediate area into a kiddy zone before starting the patronising pap of calling the City End of the JHS "The Shed". FFS

At the moment cost trumps atmosphere. It's where we are which is sad on many levels.

At the moment cost trumps atmosphere. It's where we are which is sad on many levels.

That's really what I was getting at. Costing is all important, saving every penny here and there, but if the atmosphere is constantly trumped then some fans will stop coming, season ticket holders will chuck it and cherry pick games instead. Also away fans usually rate Firhill as one of their favourite grounds to visit. Mess about with them and we'll be further down the pecking order.

Perhaps that's the sort of thing this fans involvement initiative should be interested in. Sometimes what seems like sensible cost cutting can prove false economy.

True.... but then there's a reason why Thistle are having to cut costs: Dwindling crowds equates to dwindling income. Why have the crowds dwindled? Some will blame the current economic climate.... and I'm sure that's a factor, but Jags fans were voting with their feet long before the vermin, t*ries came to power. I really believe the rot started when the Board relocated to the JHS and installed the police box right behind them and the kiddie zone right in front of them. Overnight the atmosphere left. The pathetic and patronising "shed" singing zone at the City End is poor grudgingly-made consolation and no one north of the bing-end 25 yard line can hear any singing anyway (good news for the suits.... if the plebs are singing Mary Fae Maryhill one cannot hear it). Now to make matters worse they are putting away fans into the JHS and all you can hear is their songs, their chants... them rightly enjoying their away-day.

Honestly why I haven't upped sticks, burned my Jags scarf in favour of a black and white one and left Firhill for the delights of Newlandsfield before now is more a matter of habit and dumb blind loyalty than anything else.