Sinclair

mojo

The big man was superb today with a bit of luck could have scored at least two. Really hope we can keep him for next season. Some of the football in the first half was as good as I've seen for a few seasons and with the new initiatives I am feeling optimistic for the first time in years. Roll on next season!

Excellent news. Even if it only gets us a better transfer fee. If he keeps playing they way he has been, it is unlikely we can keep a hold of him.

If he does go, I hope it is down south and not to a bottom half PL team for a fw hundred quid more. He is better than that.

Brilliant player and brillaint news.

Pretty sure Cairney will be offski, Doolan is signed up for next season is he not?

I think you're right. But he should sign an extension!! :)

It'll be a pity for us if Cairney goes, but it might also be a pity for him, as I think he might well get too easily muscled out of things by bigger and faster players than in the 1st. Might Bannigan be a suitable replacement in any case?

Really encouraged by this news. Used to hate it under Lambie, wouldn't be forward thinking at all and sign players up before end of season. I know Sinclair has another season anyways, but I like to see the club show the players that they are wanted here, and get them signed up quickly. Would love Dools to sign extension and Cairney to give us another couple of seasons. I don't think it'll happen right enough.

Really relieved with this news. With our financial situation we can't afford to be losing players with potential like this for nothing on Bosmans. It puts us in an even stronger position should someone come in for him in the summer. I'm confident we will get another season out of him.

Happy for the player too, with this being a jump up in a level to what he was used to at Montrose.

Edited by northernsoul

Fantastic business by the club. We're all too quick to criticise the club on here, but in the past week they've really made some positive strides with the One Thistle initiative, the North Stand being turned into the new singing section, the glowing report from the BB leader about his trip to Firhill last week and now this. Keep it up.

Fantastic business by the club. We're all too quick to criticise the club on here, but in the past week they've really made some positive strides with the One Thistle initiative, the North Stand being turned into the new singing section, the glowing report from the BB leader about his trip to Firhill last week and now this. Keep it up.

Spot on.

....And a win on Saturday also helped! Here's hoping the positivity continues tonight.

I think Aaron may have been given a cut of any transfer fee to sign and a small increase in wages. A good bit of business by the club.

He is a player we really need to sell at the end of the season.

Why do you say that or is it just conjecture? I can think of a multitude of ways a player that was on reportedly relatively poor wages will have re-signed. The obvious one simply upping his wages. No doubt his contract will be more detailed but as to the actual nuts and bolts I doubt we can but only guess.

As to selling him weeks into his new contract that may happen of course but the Club are (for once) actively punting season tickets. That could lead to a shoot in the foot event (admittedly not exactly uncommon under previous regimes) if the Club profile Aaron's re-signing as a selling point.

Why do you say that or is it just conjecture? I can think of a multitude of ways a player that was on reportedly relatively poor wages will have re-signed. The obvious one simply upping his wages. No doubt his contract will be more detailed but as to the actual nuts and bolts I doubt we can but only guess.

As to selling him weeks into his new contract that may happen of course but the Club are (for once) actively punting season tickets. That could lead to a shoot in the foot event (admittedly not exactly uncommon under previous regimes) if the Club profile Aaron's re-signing as a selling point.

I think that Aaron is being paid in Cadbury's chocolate and Clarks Desert Boots. Like anyone else no evidence to back this up. Just guessing.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Aaron has been offered "first dibs" on the weekly Alan Murray team thread, 10 cats, a PTFC email address, and a 3.1% share in Propco.

I think it is a possibility he is getting a cut of any transfer fee.

Looking it from purely Aaron’s point of view – he wants’ a move to a bigger club. Which if he gets then he could be looking at 10x his current wage (If he goes to the Championship maybe more). Why would he put an obstacle in the way of this move? For an increase in wages just for a few months?

This is why I think something like this been included in the deal.