Pre Season Fixtures?

uberteeb

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wee tour of Northern Ireland would the magic :D

A European tour would be fine. Shoot over on the euro tunnel to Paris for PSG, then a fast French rail down to Barcelona for Messi and co., quick flight over to Mallorca, another quick flight to Milan to face Inter and AC, up the Euro highway to Munich for Bayern, then a quick flight to London for the Emirates, turning down Chelseas request to play the famous Jags, and then tone up for the new season with a home game v, Govan 1690. Get your passports out. :happy2:

A European tour would be fine. Shoot over on the euro tunnel to Paris for PSG, then a fast French rail down to Barcelona for Messi and co., quick flight over to Mallorca, another quick flight to Milan to face Inter and AC, up the Euro highway to Munich for Bayern, then a quick flight to London for the Emirates, turning down Chelseas request to play the famous Jags, and then tone up for the new season with a home game v, Govan 1690. Get your passports out. :happy2:

:lol: you've ta'in that too far.

Hi All! I'm new to this sort of thing, but always like to voive my opinion. I would like to see the Jags do a Highland tour, Huntly, Forres Mechanics, Wick Academy and maybe a couple of home ties against foreign opposition from England.

Have said this way too often I want us to play Crewe home or away I don't mind

Why Crewe? Mind you, I was at Crewe two seasons ago watching Carling Cup tie v Ipswich and they were extremely friendly people. Took us into the supporters club and looked after us. Very tidy ground as well.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us play Blythe*. I can just mind one or two of their officials being keen on the idea. I don't suppose we'll have more than a couple of home games if we're serious about having a decent surface next season so a repeat of the Celtic game or another decent crowd fixture would be welcome.

I thought the team by and large were physically fit at the start of last season so a return to Catterick could be on the cards. That would likely mean a friendly in the NE of England again. Think Jackie would be well advised to get his re-signing done first before announcing a return to boot camp. :)

*edited to add I meant a home game against Blythe

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Wouldnt be surprised to see us play Whitley Bay

That would be good, last year they turned a blind eye to our carry out and they sold cracking pies and pasties at half time for pennies, nice wee supporters club as well. The fact there are pubs on the strip where ladies get all their bits out at noon is a bonus also.