Allan Cowan

Dark Passenger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe anyone would want to sit on this panel given what has gone on. Cowan must be out to make a name for himself because any money he's getting surely can't be worth the hassle that him and his family will be subjected to.

Also, with him being in the spotlight on a national level, will this mean that journalists and others scrutinise his time at Firhill, both as a board member and as chairman? Could make for some very embarrassing revelations for him, Hughes and McMaster. When you think about what went on at Firhill when those 3 were chairman, you have to wonder what the press would say if it had happened at a bigger club.

Edited by ian_mac

Can't believe anyone would want to sit on this panel given what has gone on. Cowan must be out to make a name for himself because any money he's getting surely can't be worth the hassle that him and his family will be subjected to.

Also, with him being in the spotlight on a national level, will this mean that journalists and others scrutinise his time at Firhill, both as a board member and as chairman? Could make for some very embarrassing revelations for him, Hughes and McMaster. When you think about what went on at Firhill when those 3 were chairman, you have to wonder what the press would say if it had happened at a bigger club.

Scottish journalists doing any investigation? Nae chance.

Just listening to a H*n colleague at work doing a quick impersonation of Rumpelstitskin: "*%+fuk*&%*****&*^ - we'll appeal and win, you watch"

I've not worked up the hardness of heart yet to tell him that WAS their appeal.

Bless, poor little lamb of a bigot.

I think someone at Rangers (not just fan) said they wlll appeal the result of the appeal. I could be wrong but actually in view of their actions so far it's not beyond the bounds of possibility (just those of common sense).

I think someone at Rangers (not just fan) said they wlll appeal the result of the appeal. I could be wrong but actually in view of their actions so far it's not beyond the bounds of possibility (just those of common sense).

Would that be some sort of judicial review maybe? I must admit to knowing nothing about what can be tested in court etc, but I would guess you'd have to stump up a good few quid to have a civil legal case heard. If so, the money bit might be an issue. :unknw:

from Evening Times July 2012

Jackie McNamara's team kick off the season proper in tomorrow's Challenge Cup with a home match against 3rd Division newcomers Louden Taverns FC. Louden are of course well into their season having seen off both Govan Linfield and the District Bar in qualification to enter into senior football. Club captain and pub cellarman Kirk Broadfoot was quoted last night that he was relishing his club's debut in this prestigious competition.

This match is of course not without controversy. McNamara again stoutly defended his decision not to allow the five youth academy Jags players on loan to Louden to play in this game. A decision that Louden's assistant manager, Sandra Jardine, declared was an insult to the integrity of Scottish football and a slap in the face for her old and proud club, which has a history that precedes the introduction of the licensing laws.

M/s Jardine was last night seriously contemplating organising a fans "between howffs" protest march from Paisley Rd West to Duke St over this and other recent decisions, principally their suppliers demanding cash on delivery. Meanwhile Louden Taverns FC were strenuously denying all knowledge of a takeover bid by the Blue Nun consortium. Despite the mystery surrounding the whereabouts of four years worth of bonus ball money M/s Jardine was upbeat about her club's long term survival prospects citing once a greater share of BBC Alba money was agreed her club would be on a sure footing,

Partick Thistle FC have asked us to point out that to avoid contamination Louden supporters will be accommodated in a section of the main stand. Thistle fans will.have the option of either sitting in the JH stand or sitting/standing in the Allan Cowan Stand.

I hate Cowan a wee bit less after yesterday. It also pleases me to hear all my Rangers supporting pals spout how much they hate him as well.

As I said earlier (and plenty of others have as well) they had no basis for appeal and if anything the SFA let them off lightly. Their hatred of guys who were just doing thier job fairly (and their implicit threats as well) shows them up for what we always thought they were. Everything I always thought about them has been proved not only true - but that they're even worse than I used to think.

Edited by Mr Bunny

As I said earlier (and plenty of others have as well) they had no basis for appeal and if anything the SFA let them off lightly. Their hatred of guys who were just doing thier job fairly (and their implicit threats as well) shows them up for what we always thought they were. Everything I always thought about them has been proved not only true - but that they're even worse than I used to think.

Totally agree. I have stopped talking to any of my Rangers supporting pals about the situation as they just don't seem to understand anything about it. So used to getting their own way they can't see how lightly they are getting off. Talking to an Old Firm fan about football is a bad idea.

• 2 months later...

Looking like Cowan will be the only original member of the Appelate Tribunal, to sit in judgement as to what sanction should be imposed on Deadco, should the AT be reconvened to revisit the transfer emargo.

Allan Cowan - the chance to be a "hero" (or just doing the right thing), twice in little over two months.

Who ever would have thunk that could be possible ?

Looking like Cowan will be the only original member of the Appelate Tribunal, to sit in judgement as to what sanction should be imposed on Deadco, should the AT be reconvened to revisit the transfer emargo.

Allan Cowan - the chance to be a "hero" (or just doing the right thing), twice in little over two months.

Who ever would have thunk that could be possible ?

The problem the SFA has is that I'm not sure what the right thing in this case is anymore. After all that has happened, it would just create even more chaos were Sevco's application for SFA membership rejected. The ideal scenario would be that Sevco simply accept the transfer ban, in my opinion.

The problem the SFA has is that I'm not sure what the right thing in this case is anymore. After all that has happened, it would just create even more chaos were Sevco's application for SFA membership rejected. The ideal scenario would be that Sevco simply accept the transfer ban, in my opinion.

If they don't accept the transfer ban (I expect they will as I'm sure that Hughie Green would love an excuse not to sign Black/Sandanza/Messi/every other player they have promised to sign with the wages they would demand) maybe a Scottish Cup suspension would be an option. Kicking them out the league now would just create total havoc with fixtures and almost certainly a legal appeal.

The transfer ban isn't much of a punishment anyway. They'll have enough in quality to win Div 3.

I wasn't keen on a Scottish Cup ban as it kinda effects other clubs re lack of a pay day. Also the status of the competition would be reduced a bit like yon time Man Utd buggered off to South America.