Close Season Quiz

potty trained

Some info re my question.

Bertie left Celtic for Birmingham City towards the end of the 60/61 season just in time to help his new club get into the final of the Fairs City Club. (The final itself wasn't played till the 61/62 season was under way.) City went on a tour of USA/Canada in the closed season.

Third Lanark possibly as a reward for a high finish in the Scottish League (they finished 3rd in 60/61) went on a similar tour.

What I was told by a mate, a Hihi fan, was that Thirds didn't have enough players willing/able to go on tour so they invited Davie McParland. Whatever the reason Davie did a wee moonlight and went to North America with Third Lanark.

Third Lanark played Birmingham City at least twice, once in Vancouver and at least once in New York.

I managed to find this photo of Davie (surname spelt wrongly but undoubtedly the great man) alongside Jockey Robertson and Junior McGillivray.......http://www.thirdlana...vray-jocky.html

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some info re my question.

Bertie left Celtic for Birmingham City towards the end of the 60/61 season just in time to help his new club get into the final of the Fairs City Club. (The final itself wasn't played till the 61/62 season was under way.) City went on a tour of USA/Canada in the closed season.

Third Lanark possibly as a reward for a high finish in the Scottish League (they finished 3rd in 60/61) went on a similar tour.

What I was told by a mate, a Hihi fan, was that Thirds didn't have enough players willing/able to go on tour so they invited Davie McParland. Whatever the reason Davie did a wee moonlight and went to North America with Third Lanark.

Third Lanark played Birmingham City at least twice, once in Vancouver and at least once in New York.

I managed to find this photo of Davie (surname spelt wrongly but undoubtedly the great man) alongside Jockey Robertson and Junior McGillivray.......http://www.thirdlana...vray-jocky.html

Excellent.

Close .............................. the goal difference swing - effectively 10 - meant that Morton finished above us and belatedly qualified for the Texaco cup - against english first division ( in those days real first division teams) .

Bit boring but it was all I could come up with.

Passing the baton.......................

Close .............................. the goal difference swing - effectively 10 - meant that Morton finished above us and belatedly qualified for the Texaco cup - against english first division ( in those days real first division teams) .

Bit boring but it was all I could come up with.

Passing the baton.......................

go for it jagfox

Cheers Jaggy, this one is based on memory and is quite oblique.

Which three former England defenders were we linked with in season 92/93.

Lambie mentions two in a post game interview at Brockville on scotsport. The other was due to sign on our first game at Ibronx that season. Gerry Britton verified it on the radio as he acted as the players chauffeur. Good luck :P