John Mcglynn Going To Hearts

kni

Says the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18528608

"Hearts expect to name John McGlynn as their new manager within the next few days, BBC Scotland has learned.

Raith Rovers have given their boss permission to speak to Hearts after an official approach was made this week."

When he did a decent job a few years back as stand-in manager with them I thought he deserved a chance at the job. However although he's done OK at Rovers he hasn't been a stand-out and a lot of it has been down to him being able to get in ex and loan Hearts players in. Not sure he's the right man for them now - except in that he'll be cheap and they've obviously been down-sizing the last couple of years.

When he did a decent job a few years back as stand-in manager with them I thought he deserved a chance at the job. However although he's done OK at Rovers he hasn't been a stand-out and a lot of it has been down to him being able to get in ex and loan Hearts players in. Not sure he's the right man for them now - except in that he'll be cheap and they've obviously been down-sizing the last couple of years.

Isn't being awarded Scottish Manager of the Year standing out?

I too have doubts that he's the right man for the job, as do many Hearts fans by the sounds of things, but I don't really think anyone could begrudge him the opportunity; he's done a tremendous job at Raith, irrelevant of the quality of their football.

Being a good manager doesn't really come into the equation at Tynecastle. McGlynn's been there so knows what he's letting himself in for. That in itself might be more useful than his ability.

Wonder who Raith will get to replace him? Don't think they've any senior players as obvious choices to make the step up. Think the way Raith play of late and the Gus McPherson outlook on football aren't that far apart.

Wonder who Raith will get to replace him? Don't think they've any senior players as obvious choices to make the step up. Think the way Raith play of late and the Gus McPherson outlook on football aren't that far apart.

Gus McPherson is an obvious candidate as he knows the league. Relegation at Palmerston, albeit on a low budget, last season may count against him. Jim McIntyre has been coaching at Bristol City but could probably get a better offer than Rovers. Paul Hartley could be interested in moving up and Gordon Durie is another possible candidate.

Edited by kni

Hartley could be a good shout. I'm sure the Rovers fans would be happy with him. Another favourite would be Mickey Cameron at Cowdenbeath. The only thing is both are under contract so Rovers would have to pay compensation and they are struggling with their finances. This may mean an out of work manager or promoting the likes of Grant Murray.

forgot mcintyre went to bristol. maybe uncle fester and shaggy after being sacked by lavvy then?

I think that McIntyre's Bristol deal ended in May. If he is free, he'd be a good appointment for Rovers.

Ian McCall, Lindau's suggestion, could do a decent job for them too.