The Partick Thistle Pledge

Third Lanark

As many of my fellow posters have remarked the Thistle support has never been so united behind an issue since Save the Jags. Most people are of the opinion including myself that it is important that the club listens to its fans particularly when one as important as this is being discussed.

Many fellow fans are communicating with the club with regards to not renewing season tickets, centenary funds etc if their views are not listened to reagarding this issue. It is also very important I feel that is the board do respect and put the views of the supporters first and foremost then that board does deserve respect and support too. As a way of showing the support it would receive from such a stance I thought it would be a good idea if people would maybe show how they would wish to contribute to the way forward for the club.

As commented on others that if the board back the fans views this could be a huge step forward for the card.. I am a season ticket holder and have a centenary gold fund member. However if the Club shows it respects the views of the overwhelming majority on this important issue I am prepared to reciprocate that support by signing up for a second Centenary fund membership

Signed

Matthew Curry

Maybe I'm missing something here but is this not sugar coated bribery of a different kind?

Yeah. Like admitting Newco into SFL1 with a couple of quid and play offs.

I'm sorry but can't add my name to this.

Thought it was just me thinking this.

I thought the fact I spend my hard earned cash at Partick Thistle would be enough for the people who run the club to listen?

Am I missing something?

I can't add my name to this either.

Edited by little_miss_jag

How do you ensure that you get all jags fans views. it has been stated on a prior thread that 50% of season ticket holders are over 65 and 25% are over 70.I am pretty sure that the majority of them will not use the internet. If you rely only on the results from this forum then there will, I imagine, be a large proportion of the fans who will be disenfranchised. Is this democratic ?

How do you ensure that you get all jags fans views. it has been stated on a prior thread that 50% of season ticket holders are over 65 and 25% are over 70.I am pretty sure that the majority of them will not use the internet. If you rely only on the results from this forum then there will, I imagine, be a large proportion of the fans who will be disenfranchised. Is this democratic ?

Truthfully? That's where you need a strong, vocal, commnicative, fans organisation. That's not a dig at anyone, just an honest answer.

Posted on another thread, I am happy to contact current season ticket holders via phone &/or email should the club want me to to gauge the opinion of that hardcore group of fans. I'm not saying it's the only group to be considered but it's a group of fans that we have contact details (for the most part anyway).

Posted on another thread, I am happy to contact current season ticket holders via phone &/or email should the club want me to to gauge the opinion of that hardcore group of fans. I'm not saying it's the only group to be considered but it's a group of fans that we have contact details (for the most part anyway).

Don't people need to agree to that sort of thing? Pretty sure you can't just take there number and start phoning people! Sure thats why we spend our life ticking wee boxes on forms saying don't contact me or send me junk! :)

Would contacting just season tickholders ensure the majority of fans voting ?

No, it's impossible to get in touch with 2,000 fans for various reasons.

Don't people need to agree to that sort of thing? Pretty sure you can't just take there number and start phoning people! Sure thats why we spend our life ticking wee boxes on forms saying don't contact me or send me junk! :)

There's no such boxes to tick on the season ticket forms! :P Hadn't thought that it wouldn't be allowed, I'd only do it if the club asked me to & it be done by someone who works for the club. Don't think many would object to being asked their opinion on an important issue. Mail shot emails are sent out fairly regularly regarding hospitality, kit launches etc.

I'll up my CF membership from Silver to Gold, enter my wife in the CF at Bronze level and buy a season ticket even though Im likely to miss several home games at the start of the season.

How much is that the club stand to lose each season if we vote YES to Newco? That doesn't even include merchandise, programs, 50/50, drinks at the Aitken Suite (including at POTY nights), buying tickets for Hall of Fame nights, any hospitality that might have been purchased etc etc.

From just wee me walking away it will cost Thistle at least £740 a season. If everyone else who decides to walk spends a similar amount (and I knew there are a lot who pay in a lot more to the club) then that is a hefty sum of money. Added up over 30 years (time I hope to have left following the Jags...at least), by adding the extra money over those years as my kids get more and more into it (thus wanting strips, posters, tracksuits etc etc) and multiplying that by the number of fans in a similar position, well, it's waaay more than will be made if we agree to these proposals.

I would of thought if you wanted a fairly well spread selection of data on the subject then a fans forum would provide a sound base. We have nomads, regular and on/off pay-at-gate supporters, season ticket holders, second team supporters etc etc. I'm sure there will be a vast age range as well.

A simple poll on the official site would surely be the best way to investigate opinions.