So How Did We Vote?

MWM

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really need to know this - some people are talking about boycotting NDP, but what if we end up as one of the pariahs of the SFL? that would be really REALLY shite. Like deal breaking can't be bothered to go up to Firhill shite.

I'm feeling this is a good day but if our board bummed this up I'll be gutted

Stenhousemuir and Brechin two original yes votes voted no.

Now we only know two of the five. Hamilton and QotS.

Considering the majority of other clubs who have revealed their stance voted no, I'll have PTFC down as a YES until they confirm otherwise.

I have heard only one div 1 club voted them into div 1. The name I've heard is not that of PTFC,

Yeah, Hamilton.

Problem being when he vote first came out it was reported that all SFL1 clubs voted 'no'. Then we had the news about Hamilton then we had ambiguous statement number whatever from the club.

Other clubs have indicated 100% to their fans how they voted. Beattie senda an email to someone last week saying he intends to vote 'no',

The statement yesterday asks for financial support. For goodness sake there are many folk on here, myself included, who will do that- as soon as we find out 100% how we voted.

It's hardly rocket science.

Yeah, Hamilton.

Problem being when he vote first came out it was reported that all SFL1 clubs voted 'no'. Then we had the news about Hamilton then we had ambiguous statement number whatever from the club.

Other clubs have indicated 100% to their fans how they voted. Beattie senda an email to someone last week saying he intends to vote 'no',

The statement yesterday asks for financial support. For goodness sake there are many folk on here, myself included, who will do that- as soon as we find out 100% how we voted.

It's hardly rocket science.

Before I opened the latest club statement yesterday I just knew it would be a big heap of ambiguity.

It's almost as if Beattie and Co are playing some kind of piss-taking game with the fans because there is surely no way on earth that they can be so detached from this situation that they were unaware the wishy washy wording would be unsatisfactory.

A ludicrous position for them to take.

We've all seen enough football chairmen over the years at our club and others to know they don't do the sharing thing very well. The input from the fans wasn't particularly welcome and rushing out of the meeting to reassure everyone how he voted might be viewed by some football chairman types as a sign of weakness. It sounds daft, but reminding people who's boss is a big thing in some circles.

Just ask yourself what you think Mr Beattie, in his heart of hearts, would want more in his life: newco in Div 1 or an angry brigade of fans telling him what to do? The answer's pretty obvious. It doesn't tell you how he voted, but it would help explain his disdain for sharing the info with us.

We've all seen enough football chairmen over the years at our club and others to know they don't do the sharing thing very well. The input from the fans wasn't particularly welcome and rushing out of the meeting to reassure everyone how he voted might be viewed by some football chairman types as a sign of weakness. It sounds daft, but reminding people who's boss is a big thing in some circles.

Just ask yourself what you think Mr Beattie, in his heart of hearts, would want more in his life: newco in Div 1 or an angry brigade of fans telling him what to do? The answer's pretty obvious. It doesn't tell you how he voted, but it would help explain his disdain for sharing the info with us.

A very good summary.

However going back to the statement, &the financial bit especially, he's going to have swallow his pride & tell the fans if he's looking for that help.

Unless...

He doesn't really care about PTFC & is happy seeing them go down tubes, buying the other 50% of the ground for a nice little nest egg.

Or

Selling out to his pals across the city.

I had made a promise to but an extra Gold Centenary Fund membership if the club had voted no as a show of support for what I believe to be the correct decision and congratulating them on it. So I had sent an email to the club and have got a response from Ian Maxwell thanking me for the support etc. Ian Maxwell is a guy I trust 100% and is an asset to the club. This along with the email from David Beattie, now the fact I am struggling to find Falkirk and Dundee's confirmation as a poster already stated there has been maybe an agreement amongst some fo the clubs to keep a silence and perhaps as Double Ugly suggested a chance to make a point from Beattie and co leaves me certain that we voted no. Statement and decision could have been handled far better but I will submit new centenary fund membership form.

I have heard only one div 1 club voted them into div 1. The name I've heard is not that of PTFC,

Who told you that/where did you read that?

I'm really starting to feel we have been duped by Beattie. And the fact so many loyal fans of many years on here feel the same tells you all you need to know about who is in charge of this club. We haven't been consulted, we weren't been told of the clubs intentions and we haven't been told how we voted.

I'm still not going back until we are told or until 5 other clubs confirm they have voted yes, but even then Beattie not telling the fans makes me think he is up to something (namely being ready to shaft other clubs for SPL2).

I had made a promise to but an extra Gold Centenary Fund membership if the club had voted no as a show of support for what I believe to be the correct decision and congratulating them on it. Statement and decision could have been handled far better but I will submit new centenary fund membership form.

Well perhaps that will help balance my cancellation because if they are not up-front and have not done the right thing, I will not be back and will cancel my monthly £10 donation as well as no longer exchanging my £17 for "goods and services" or hoping it's my number pulled out of the cardboard box at HT. No new away strip either..... I really liked this one too!

The relationship between many football fans and their club seems to parallel that of women in abusive relationships. No matter how much sh1t they get thrown at them, they never leave. Well unless the club exhibit some transparency, clarity and integrity, I'll be breaking the cycle, leaving it behind and encouraging my wee boy to do something else with the thousands of Saturdays and Tuesday evenings he has ahead of him.

I might still go to Ayr on Monday: at least they did the right thing.

Well perhaps that will help balance my cancellation because if they are not up-front and have not done the right thing, I will not be back and will cancel my monthly £10 donation as well as no longer exchanging my £17 for "goods and services" or hoping it's my number pulled out of the cardboard box at HT. No new away strip either..... I really liked this one too!

The relationship between many football fans and their club seems to parallel that of women in abusive relationships. No matter how much sh1t they get thrown at them, they never leave. Well unless the club exhibit some transparency, clarity and integrity, I'll be breaking the cycle, leaving it behind and encouraging my wee boy to do something else with the thousands of Saturdays and Tuesday evenings he has ahead of him.

I might still go to Ayr on Monday: at least they did the right thing.

As I wrote in response to other posters with a similar position to yours: the SFL voted overwhelmingly to allow the newco to apply to start life in Div. 3, so football as a whole has shown integrity in this affair. IF our Chairman voted for newco to start in Div. 1, then he's a buffoon. But he is not the team, and he won't be around for ever. I genuinely was ready to end a lifetime of support for the Jags depending on what the outcome of yesterday's vote was. Now I'm not particularly bothered if a few votes went the other way. I'd rather we voted with the majority, but can live with it if we didn't. It's well nigh impossible to get 100% agreement on anything in a group of 30 people. All it takes is somebody to say something undeniable, like Alan Rough was a great keeper, and somebody else will soon say that he wasn't.

But he was.

IF our Chairman voted for newco to start in Div. 1, then he's a buffoon. But he is not the team, and he won't be around for ever. I genuinely was ready to end a lifetime of support for the Jags depending on what the outcome of yesterday's vote was. Now I'm not particularly bothered if a few votes went the other way. I'd rather we voted with the majority, but can live with it if we didn't.

Apart from the guys who quite rightly object to newco getting into the league at all, we're all a bit tainted by compromise. I can just about live with the idea of them getting into Div 3, but I know that isn't a very pure decision. It lets football continue and most people won't walk away with that outcome and that's about all you could say to feebly justify it.

But if it did emerge that we were a yes vote, that would matter - to me, to a lot of our fans and to a lot of fans at other clubs who would choose not to visit Firhill ever again. It could have major ramifications for the club and that's why it needs to be confronted and dealt with. If we were a no, scream it from the rooftops. If it was a yes, Beattie should prepare for trouble ahead, from all directions.

Analysing the statement (and trying to ignore the incredible grammar of the first sentence, the only logical interpretation of which is that "the clubs" have been given access to the third division!) leads me to the conclusion that PTFC did vote "No" (thankfully!).

In presenting the result of any vote, you always try to put the best spin on it. If you voted on the losing side you would very much like to say that the vote was by a narrow majority. 25-5 does not really allow that, so you would probably settle simply for majority. You might possibly concede clear majority or substantial majority. But you would never say "overwhelmingly" which belittles and marginalises those who voted the other way.

Then again, why not just tell us, rather than resorting to coded language?!

I reckon proposals for an SPL2 will be tabled on Monday and our board are desperate to be a part of it, hence the ambiguous statement.

If they are tabled on monday then Beattie and Maxi certainly won't be there. They are on holiday now.

Really don't see what all the big fuss is for a few. The club issued a statement saying they want change but would vote NO to the proposal for Newco in div 3, prior to the meeting yesterday. Nothing changed.

For the few complaining they never heard yesterday we said NO, (and yes the statement should have been better), where did it say we said YES?

also I think the subsequent statements that have came out from various clubs stating all first division clubs want all 42 teams involved in restructure, means SPL2 is a non starter. Or at least that is how I interpret it.

If they are tabled on monday then Beattie and Maxi certainly won't be there. They are on holiday now.

Really don't see what all the big fuss is for a few. The club issued a statement saying they want change but would vote NO to the proposal for Newco in div 3, prior to the meeting yesterday. Nothing changed.

It doesn't matter if they're on holiday, Beattie has been party to this from the start, that much is obvious. As for our stance, we said we'd vote no to the proposals on their own, we've never stood up against SPL2. In fact, Beattie welcomed it.

I'm beginning to think this has been the end game all along.

I reckon proposals for an SPL2 will be tabled on Monday and our board are desperate to be a part of it, hence the ambiguous statement.

Was thinking that as well but it doesn't tie in with the unofficial no vote at the SFL meeting on the Tuesday. Hamilton I note didn't vote then.

On the other hand if we keep it nice and simple and go back to the sporting integrity versus financial expediency argument then I'd fully expect anyone who has shown an interest in SPL 2 to be in discussion very soon. It stands to reason if sticking newco in Div 1 was bite the bullet and Div 3 was armageddon then the in between option where they're only out the picture for two seasons will be getting an airing.

I don't necessarily disagree with Beattie being pro SPL2. Remember the SFL were quite happy to go along with the drudgery of the status quo before all this. If it wasn't for sevco coming along without the threat of SPL 2 there would be no momentum for change at all. Imo SPL 2 altho' still a very poor offering would be better than the status quo.

By being pro SPL 2 Beattie may just have been in the right (ish) place at the wrong time. Combine that with a collection of poorly scripted releases and it might be where we're at just now. It's not unlikely his name will come up again and soon re SPL2 but that certainly doesn't mean we definitely voted "for" yesterday. It's still feckin' messy all the same.

5 statements and we are all still puggled. Yes or f**ing no, Jags. It really is that simple. As if being a Jags fan wasn't a big enough mind f**k at the best of times, we have the most cryptic board around to keep our nerves jangling. I think Beattie lost his marbles in that crystal maze and now just constantly talks in riddles.