Association Football Rules

sigesige00

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever the ball hits the woodwork then goes out of play, it should be a corner against the team whose goalpost/bar the ball just hit, regardless of who touched the ball last. That would keep the momentum going for the attacking team.

No, just enlarge the goal mouth to 8m*2.5m.

And change the rule about the goal-line and touch-line.

Goal-line and touch-line should be out-of-play, like Rugby. Therefore, when ball is rebounded by the post/bar, the ball is out-of-play.

And change the rule about FK and PK. When FK/PK balls directly go out of the pitch, re-start is done by the side which kicked FK/PK, like Rugby Union's PK.

The standard size 5 football should be replaced by a beach ball.

Yellow and red cards should be removed from the game and players be given a headset. If a foul or dive is committed, a small electric shock is given via the headset.

Football boots should be replaced by those giant fun slippers.

All teams should either have a blue strip or a white strip. The home team plays in white, away team in blue.

Team sizes should be reduced to 8, but numbers on the bench, unlimited. However you can only make one substitution per game.

It should be 7 points for a win. 1 point for a draw, 4 points for a defeat, this will mean teams won't play for a draw.

Referees should be given those wee 2 wheel things ( not bikes) the other ones. To allow them to get around.

The league should be expanded, and it just be one worldwide league.

Rangers should be admitted into the top league.

The standard size 5 football should be replaced by a beach ball.

Yellow and red cards should be removed from the game and players be given a headset. If a foul or dive is committed, a small electric shock is given via the headset.

Football boots should be replaced by those giant fun slippers.

All teams should either have a blue strip or a white strip. The home team plays in white, away team in blue.

Team sizes should be reduced to 8, but numbers on the bench, unlimited. However you can only make one substitution per game.

It should be 7 points for a win. 1 point for a draw, 4 points for a defeat, this will mean teams won't play for a draw.

Referees should be given those wee 2 wheel things ( not bikes) the other ones. To allow them to get around.

The league should be expanded, and it just be one worldwide league.

Rangers should be admitted into the top league.

:lol: :lol:

Agreed, sort of.. They should be painted in the colours of their prospective sponsor's cans - Tennents. Red, yella and silver would put the bounce back into underground travel once more.

That's a pretty good idea, if the trains looked just like Tennents cans then it would be a good advertising campaign. They're usually full of Tennents cans when the football is on anyway.

I also think that footballs should be made up of tons of tiny cameras that feed directly to the referee's 'telly-sunglasses' so that goal-line decisions can be made easier.

Whenever the ball hits the woodwork then goes out of play, it should be a corner against the team whose goalpost/bar the ball just hit, regardless of who touched the ball last.
That's just insane!!! What happens if the ball hits the post and goes out over the shy-line???? You'd give a corner for that???!!!??? No wonder Scottish football's in the state it's in with that kind of thinking!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I think that if at any moment during the game, you manage to render the referee unconcious by smashing them in the face with the ball, then you get a bonus point? Could really add an extra dimension to the game, although you may find a few ref's all of a sudden struggle to keep up with play.

Edited by chunky jag

Home teams will play with 12 players for first half, then 11 for second half.

Away teams start with 10, and for every time they lose a goal in first half, they are allowed to add a player to their side. In second half, they start with 12, and for every goal they score in 2nd half, they have to take a player off without replacing him.

Substitutes should be as follows:

3 aged 21 and over

2 aged under 21

1 donkey

1 ewok

A minimum 3 substitutes must be used each game, and of these, one must be aged 21 or over, one under 21, and one of either the donkey or ewok.

Specifically on the donkey and ewok, and regardless of the final score ..... Any goal that results in the donkey or the ewok scoring gets the team an extra point. A goal by either, with an assist by the other, gets the team an additional 6 points.

Once the regulation 90 minutes is up, and the game goes into stoppage time, the home team is required to put 5 supporters on the half way line, who are shackled to posts at 10 yard intervals (one on centre spot, two either side). The supporters chains are only 4 yards in length. The supporters are allowed to hack down any opposition players who come within their shackled area, without any foul being awarded. The supporters will be decided on a game by game basis, using the likes of the 50/50 halftime draw to pick them.

At start of season, referees should wear 73 football shirts at one time, current record is 72 (robbie savage no less!?).

Every subsequent game they ref, they should wear an additional shirt.

Referees who fail to add an additional shirt a game, results in 7-0 wins for both teams of such games.

At end of season the ref with the most shirts, has the results of games he refereed, reversed - that would guarantee excitement and uncertainty for every team right to the last kick of the season.

Edited by yoda-jag

I think that if at any moment during the game, you manage to render the referee unconcious by smashing them in the face with the ball, then you get a bonus point? Could really add an extra dimension to the game, although you may find a few ref's all of a sudden struggle to keep up with play.

Double points for Messrs Tumilty & Collum and I think you're onto a winner.

I'm open to the 30 minutes playing time idea. Gabrielle Marcotti has been banging on about this for a while.

Also, rather than a second bookable offence leading to a red card, the offending player should be forced to wear a pair of clown shoes for the remainder of the match, much like the ones Fernando Torres has been wearing for the last two seasons.

I think that Association Football Rules need to be changed to the rules of Futsal and so do you.

:lol:

On that note, I have felt for a while now that Futsal should replace Football in the Olympics. Nobody cares about football at the Olympics, even if the broadcasters are trying their hardest to push it. But Futsal fits in much better with the ethos of the Olympics and would help showcase that sport.

Nobody cares about football at the Olympics.

There are probably more countries that take Olympic football seriously than take Olympic sailing or shooting seriously. There's huge pressure on the Brazilian team and coach for example. Just because there's massive apathy for it in the UK doesn't mean that others aren't very excited by the tournament.

There are probably more countries that take Olympic football seriously than take Olympic sailing or shooting seriously. There's huge pressure on the Brazilian team and coach for example. Just because there's massive apathy for it in the UK doesn't mean that others aren't very excited by the tournament.

I take your point, but the World Cup is far far more important than the Olympics. In fact, to European nations the Euros are also well ahead in importance, and I imagine the same with continental competition all over the world.

Now I am watching the Olympics Women's football, Japan 2-0 Canada (half time).

Seriously, I suggest the abolition of goal area.

Under the present rule, there is goal area in penalty area. In the past, goal area was important since there was a foul called "keeper-charge". However, the keeper-charge has been abolished and today the only meaning of goal area is the area from which goal kick is taken.

I call for the abolition of goal area. Goal kick should be taken from the PK spot. There will be no problem. What do you think?