Association Football Rules

sigesige00

Now I am watching the Olympics Women's football, Japan 2-0 Canada (half time).

Seriously, I suggest the abolition of goal area.

Under the present rule, there is goal area in penalty area. In the past, goal area was important since there was a foul called "keeper-charge". However, the keeper-charge has been abolished and today the only meaning of goal area is the area from which goal kick is taken.

I call for the abolition of goal area. Goal kick should be taken from the PK spot. There will be no problem. What do you think?

The small box and penalty spot together help keepers with their positioning.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets take it a step further. Lets get rid of goals.. I mean goals just get in the way of a 0-0 draw so without them it will be far easier to select your results down Ladbrookes before the game. Also, who here doesn't enjoy a good moan on a Monday morning after a boring game on the Saturday ? If we do away with goals, we can also do away with the players and therefore the players wages, saving clubs a fortune in wages. The list of problems that goals cause is endless. They truly are the root of all evil within football. .

Lukas Podolski once described football as being "like chess without the dice". I think we should bring dice into the game...

If a player gets booked, he must be sent to the stands and throw a double before being allowed back on the pitch.

If a team scores, they can take 1 point or bet odds/evens on double or quits.

If a game ends as a draw after extra time, the fans throw dice at each other until someone loses an eye.

The best serious suggestion I've heard recently is to have penalty shoot-outs after 90 minutes, followed by the 30 minutes extra time.

The result of the shoot-out will only be decisive if the teams are still drawn after extra time.

Gives one team the motivation to attack and any "penalty sinners" an opportunity to redeem themselves.

Now I am watching the Olympics Women's football, Japan 2-0 Canada (half time).

Seriously, I suggest the abolition of goal area.

Under the present rule, there is goal area in penalty area. In the past, goal area was important since there was a foul called "keeper-charge". However, the keeper-charge has been abolished and today the only meaning of goal area is the area from which goal kick is taken.

I call for the abolition of goal area. Goal kick should be taken from the PK spot. There will be no problem. What do you think?

I would make the 6 yard and 18 yard boxes semi circular. I would then add another semi circle, outside of the 18 yard circle, and repeat. Like a puddle effect, you might say.

No reason, just that it looks nice. To me, of course, it looks nice to me. To others it may seem like a vulgarity of the eyes.

Incidentally. Does the semi circle on the 18 yard line, serve any other purpose than to ensure players are 10 yards away from the ball during a penalty kick?

If so, then I believe that this enforces my belief that the 18 yard box should be replaced with a half circle.

Reading this thread cracks me up, some brilliant ideas to the point of tears rolling down my cheeks. That's Sigesige for opening up such 'possibilities'.

While we are at it, I'm all for changing the shape of the moon so it fits more easily through the square window on Playschool. And I'd suggest unraveling the knitted clangers on the moon to provide enough special wool to knit jumpers for goalposts.

I also think Belgium should be called BigKahunaBurgerLand.

Replace the ball with an empty tin can, and players to wear electric gloves up to their oxters, so when the can hits the glove, an alarm would sound, that way the ref would know if it was a penalty or not, I would wish the sound to be a bit like eh, eh, ah, you know the sound when a record was voted a miss on Juke Box Jury.

Also, natural right footed players only allowed use their left foot, and left footers only allowed to play for Newco.

That's just insane!!! What happens if the ball hits the post and goes out over the shy-line???? You'd give a corner for that???!!!??? No wonder Scottish football's in the state it's in with that kind of thinking!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Ha ha! I wonder if in the entire history of the game that has ever happened.

All players (match officials included) to consume a minimum of 4 pints of either lager or heavy (minimum 4%) prior to kick off. If the scores are level at half time, all players and match officials to drink 6 cans of Tennents before the second half gets underway; this to be done under supervision to ensure players and refs don't leave part-empty cans. If the scores remain tied at full time, 30 minutes of extra time to be played with no substitutes allowed to enter the field of play. However, before play commences, each player and match official to consume 6 cans of Special Brew, unless they have medical exemption, in which case they have to consume a bottle and a half of either Buckfast or an equivalent brand of scud: eg Lanny or Four Crown.

The game ends when any player boaks up on the field of play and not one of the designated boak areas (four strategically positioned troughs adjacent to the shy lines on either side of the park). Said player to receive an automatic red card and an additional 9pm curfew order, signed by a Sheriff. If the ref boaks up on the field of play, match to be replayed within 24 hours with no personnel changes permitted.

In an effort to promote community support teams only to field players that live within a mile of the ground, like when we were kids. This would involve an expansion of the SFL to around 3000 teams but who could resist such classic encounters as

• Barmulloch v Balornock, or
  • Auchinairn v Crowhill

Btw even though there are 3000 leagues Govan 1690 will still be demoted to the bottom league.

I am very disappointed because I wanted serious discussions about the association football rules. The following is my mail to FIFA:

The Olympic games have begun. Olympic football is being played. I am against the presence of football in the Olympics, and agree with the Scottish Football Association. I hope that you will withdraw from the Olympics after London.

And I suggest minor rule changes in Futsal and Football. Futsal is played in the playing-time system, while 11-player Football is played in the running-time system. I believe that the Football rule should be changed to 60-mins playing time.

And I have an opinion of the end of play in Futsal/Football. The end of play should be same as Rugby, ie when the play is stopped by the reasons except fouls after full-time, the play ends.

And I have an opinion about goal-area of Football. Goal-area in Football was important in the past because there was a foul called "keeper-charge". However, keeper-charge was abolished years ago. Now goal-area simply means the area from which goal kick is taken. I call for abolition of goal-area. Goal-kick should be taken from PK spot. There will be no problem with this new rule.

And I have an opinion about the rule of corner kick. According to the rules, the kicker of corner kick cannot touch the call before other player touches the ball. However, I cannot understand the reason. Why dribble from the corner is illegal? This rule should be abolished.

And according to the rules, corner kick should be done from the corner closer to the point where the ball crossed the goal line. However, I think that there is no need for this rule. The side which takes corner kick should be allowed to choose the side they like.

And, according to the rules, the corner arc is 1m or 1yd. That should be 1m. And, the 9.15m circle should be written on the pitch.