The New Shed – A Cynic’S View

CCjag

I'm all for suggestions but, for me, Saturday is my favourite Thistle game in a long time and that's entirely due to what the OneThistle guys did with The New Shed. Any move to the Main Stand would lose the banter from being so close to the away fans - we wouldn't have seen peachy's peach t-shirt for a start.

My feedback - keep it exactly like it is. It was brilliant. I just hope a) the speakers get switched on next time and B) some more people move across so we can make even more noise.

Completely agree with this. Early days but the set up looked and felt perfect on Saturday, would be daft to change that now.

I'm certainly planning to move across and if we can building on the numbers it will be superb

Just a thought............

Could it not be possible for the front standing area of the Main Stand to be used for a "noisy supporters group" and not use other parts of the "costly" stand?

Stewarding would then be limited and escape from any danger made easy by direct acces to the pitch?

It would be interesting to find out what that option might cost versus the potential benefits to the match experience (and attendance) in having our fans caling out directing in front of the JHS.

Worthy of an experiment??

Shuggie

We have only just moved to the north stand - and now you want to move the singing section once again? After one match?

Those who were in the north stand on saturday thoroughly enjoyed themselves - I think that's pretty clear. Being so close to the away fans was a big factor in that.

The views from the main stand enclosure (if that is what you are suggesting), would be right at pitch level, would that be any better than the elevated view from the north stand?

As I've said already, we enquired about using the main stand, and was told it wasn't an option.

This is a long term experiment, and we have had a great start.

Ian, can I ask - what happens if we draw Sevco or Celtic in a cup at Firhill? Will we still keep The New Shed for home fans?

Personally I think this should be non-negotiable. I hate the thought that one of these two *******-brothers could come to Firhill and out-number and out-sing us. They can have their section of the JH and The Main Stand - I want us behind the goal singing our hearts out.

Has this been discussed?

Ian, can I ask - what happens if we draw Sevco or Celtic in a cup at Firhill? Will we still keep The New Shed for home fans?

Personally I think this should be non-negotiable. I hate the thought that one of these two *******-brothers could come to Firhill and out-number and out-sing us. They can have their section of the JH and The Main Stand - I want us behind the goal singing our hearts out.

Has this been discussed?

It was discussed briefly in the early stages, I think.

I would hope that if we were to draw either Charles Green's Sevco or Fergus McCann's newco that we would keep our place in the north stand.

As you rightly say, any large support could be accommodated in the main stand and north section of the JH.

However, I'm not in any position to give guarantees on this, Jim Alexander would be the man to clarify.

Just a thought............

Could it not be possible for the front standing area of the Main Stand to be used for a "noisy supporters group" and not use other parts of the "costly" stand?

Stewarding would then be limited and escape from any danger made easy by direct acces to the pitch?

It would be interesting to find out what that option might cost versus the potential benefits to the match experience (and attendance) in having our fans caling out directing in front of the JHS.

Worthy of an experiment??

Forget the main stand...we dont want dribs and drabs of people all over the place...this move to the north stand has had a great start.. lets keep it going..and i will be back soon with some ridicoulous patter to liven up the party..actually looking forward to the change on my return..christ it was sorely needed