Reach for the Sky

Armand2

I see we've changed the splash page to a Shankly quote, a picture of the Boss and a link to the season tickets page which is good. What is concerning though is that it says "let's get 1000"...I thought we had reached that? If correct, the season ticket sales have fallen more dramatically than I thought in recent years.

Edited by Armand2

I see we've changed the splash page to a Shankly quote, a picture of the Boss and a link to the season tickets page which is good. What is concerning though is that it says "let's get 1000"...I thought we had reached that? If correct, the season ticket sales have fallen more dramatically than I thought in recent years.

Think it's been 1000 for a few years now, closer to the 800 mark. Don't know where I'm getting these numbers from but they ring a bell.

In recent years it was well below 1,000 - which I didn't know until recently. To be fair, I don't blame the club for keeping that quiet.

I think in recent history the most we sold was just over 2,000 after we got promoted to the SPL in 02/03. I remember Brown McMaster coming on to .net to confirm this at the time.

In recent years it was well below 1,000 - which I didn't know until recently. To be fair, I don't blame the club for keeping that quiet.

I think in recent history the most we sold was just over 2,000 after we got promoted to the SPL in 02/03. I remember Brown McMaster coming on to .net to confirm this at the time.

If we got promoted this season, does anyone think we'd manage 1,500? I wouldn't be too optimistic.

If we are not getting 1000 season tickets that is pretty poor especially after all the outrage and potential boycott over Rangers in Div 1.

It only goes to show the number of fans we have lost in recent years. What we should be concentrating on is winning those fans back

Think it's been 1000 for a few years now, closer to the 800 mark. Don't know where I'm getting these numbers from but they ring a bell.

I had no idea that the season ticket sales were that low.

Lately we were getting crowds of about 2200 against the likes of Ross Co & Livingston. Subtract 100 or so of them and say 300 or so under 16s and I would have thought 1000 ST holders would've been relatively high percentage of paying customers.

We've heard of posters on here buying a season ticket this season for the first time or the first time in a good while, which is great news, but the proof of the puddin' will be the increase of pay at gate punters. Hopefully some of them will in time become ST holders themselves.

Considering the economic climate over the last few years, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of clubs are down on season tickets compared to ten odd years ago.

I know two folk who have still to buy season tickets. Hopefully we can reach 1000, if not it's still a success that the sales of season tickets are up.

In the Season we finished Second under Ian McCall Club stated we had reached 900 Season Tickets which was an increase in previous sales ,that included kids tickets at £30 where they paid to have an allocated seat (think it was around 30 kids).

Since then Crowds have been on a downward spiral and Season Tickets in proportion.

Our job is to rebuild the fanbase - the reach for the sky statement on the News item of the Website is a radical change to previous outlook and culture in my opinion - we are starting to act like a Football Club with ambition.

Our job is to rebuild the fanbase - the reach for the sky statement on the News item of the Website is a radical change to previous outlook and culture in my opinion - we are starting to act like a Football Club with ambition.

Great stuff Jim.

My current job means I work a lot of weekends which makes buying a season ticket pointless. However, it does mean that this season especially, I am as excited as a kid on Xmas eve about getting to Firhill. Starting on Saturday....

If we got promoted this season, does anyone think we'd manage 1,500? I wouldn't be too optimistic.

I think that could be possible, that would be the max though I'd say.

There are still a number of fans yet to renew their season tickets, if the majority of these fans renew then we will certainly be close to breaking the 1,000 mark!

Don't underestimate how much season ticket sales help the club financially, without them the club couldn't survive & budget properly. (That isn't a 'season ticket holders are better than pay at the gate fans' comment, it is just a fact. Pay at the gate is required to keep cashflow ticking over & is also greatly valued).

Considering the economic climate over the last few years, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of clubs are down on season tickets compared to ten odd years ago.

That doesn't wash with me these days. It's used as an excuse for everything. Go down Buchanan Street and shops are mobbed. Pubs and restaurants are stowed out. The jakies are still have a booze up in the less salubrious parts of Glagsow. People are still throwing their money around on holidays and ipads and fancy gear from "Cruise". The economy cannot be blamed.

That doesn't wash with me these days. It's used as an excuse for everything. Go down Buchanan Street and shops are mobbed. Pubs and restaurants are stowed out. The jakies are still have a booze up in the less salubrious parts of Glagsow. People are still throwing their money around on holidays and ipads and fancy gear from "Cruise". The economy cannot be blamed.

Maybe my post came across as solely blaming the economic situation we are in at the moment, that was unintentional.

Sure, shit managers, some awful seasons and results at home have had a really bad effect. The staleness and boring nature of the Scottish game, I believe really has made some fans think again about buying a season ticket.

Five of my pals have got season tickets for this season. All of them didn't have one last season and for a number of years, the longest being eight years. Now, they went from season ticket holders to pay at the gate/picking and chosing what home games to go customers. That example was all I was really intending to put across.

What is important and really positive is the Club implementing the mates rates scheme and introducing the payment installment package for fans, which make it more enticing and easier to either renew or purchase a season ticket.

Edited by northernsoul

Interesting points. I would suggest that a lot of spending is spur of the moment and to compensate people have cut down on annual stuff. To back that up golf clubs, which are naturally mainly financed by annual membership subscription, are suffering big time. More holidays than ever tend to be last minute deals, again suggesting that annual pre planned holidays can't be selling so well.

I don't believe there's been many times worse than present when people have had such a lack of confidence to fork out money in advance.

It would be if it was an S club 7 song :)

S club 7 sang "Reach for The stars" - maybe a song for the shed tomorrow - including the actions!! :P

That would be a Tragedy ...

Well, I've got no good reputation to speak of, so I'll be the one who points out that it was Steps who sang Tragedy.

I'm off to iron my pinny. :ph34r: