Pttv: Hamilton (League) Highlights

fritzy

I just think Craig needs some more game time to sharpen up a touch and I think he'll do well for us. Coming off the bench and getting 2 goals on your debut is superb by anyone's standards, but I thought he looked a touch rusty, but that'll sort itself out once he plays a few more matches. Barring the wee save with his feet in first half, those highlights show how little Fox had to do. 1 goal conceded in 6 hours of football, superb. Muirhead has been a fantastic season, Archie solid, O'Donnell solid, and Bannigan having a good year too. Definitely think Shuggy helps too, tidying up the midfield winning 2nd balls etc. Paton has been a revelation this season too, been my motm for about 4 games running now.

Keep it up Jags been crackin so far and I still think we've to hit our best form, god knows what we'll do to a team if it all clicks for us one day

I see what you mean, Will. It looks from the highlights as though there's only one opposing player between Craig and the goal when Erskine heads it. Maybe that was at the root of Cuthbert's protests.

Nope, Billy Reid was clear after the game that his players felt that Cuthbert had been 'barged' as the corner came over.

• Members

http://i.imgur.com/xAiVV.jpg

Paused just after Erskine's header. The 2 Accies defenders play Craig on IMO.

I think the angle may be a bit deceiving to be honest. It was a tough call either way and it came at a crucial point in the game that Accies never recovered from. About time we had a rub of the green.

I've mentioned before that Fox never gets any praise or encouragement from his team mates when he pulls off a great save.

Maybe he doesn't want any?

I'd rather have a defence that saved the plaudits for after the game than went out their way to make a gesture of encouragement to Fox. I'm sure he get's plenty of vocal support and encouragement, but the defenders can do that while setting up to defend the corner, after clearing the ball.

I'd rather have a defence that saved the plaudits for after the game than went out their way to make a gesture of encouragement to Fox. I'm sure he get's plenty of vocal support and encouragement, but the defenders can do that while setting up to defend the corner, after clearing the ball.

A simple, "nice-one" or a pat on the shoulder would have sufficed. Watch that save from Saturday and the camera focuses in on him afterwards and it looks like nobody speaks to him after it. Maybe he's just very confident and doesn't want/need that encouragement but when I've played in goal I've found it very important and reassuring to have team mates congratulate me on a good save.

I suppose we could stop celebrating goals and just wait until full time to do that too?

Edited by twinny

A simple, "nice-one" or a pat on the shoulder would have sufficed. Watch that save from Saturday and the camera focuses in on him afterwards and it looks like nobody speaks to him after it. Maybe he's just very confident and doesn't want/need that encouragement but when I've played in goal I've found it very important and reassuring to have team mates congratulate me on a good save.

I suppose we could stop celebrating goals and just wait until full time to do that too?

Celebrating goals is a break in play.

I more meant that i'd rather have a defence concentrating on ensuring the opposition don't take advantage with a quick corner, or dropping back for a "quick pat" and playing players onside. But then you knew that :rolleyes: