Buying A Thistle Tie

The Sons of Somner

Greaves only have the navy one. Lots of red/yellow ties on eBay, though. (You might even be able to sneak into Lords.)

Thanks to both for the reply - Comrade Leitch, I came across this one on ebay (not literally), looks the business but it's supplied by your brothers in China. Will see what else I can see.

A red and yellow diagonal striped tie with a wee crest at the bottom would be quality.

Agreed. I only have the blue one with dead wee thistles on it; not much cop, and nobody in the company notices that it's a football tie never mind a PTFC one.

At the point immediately prior to my death, I will be mindful to have a red'n'yellow one on in addition to my Thistle scarf, not to mention my baseball cap with FTOF inscribed boldly on it - just to ensure safe passage through the pearly gates, of course.

Agreed. I only have the blue one with dead wee thistles on it; not much cop, and nobody in the company notices that it's a football tie never mind a PTFC one.

At the point immediately prior to my death, I will be mindful to have a red'n'yellow one on in addition to my Thistle scarf, not to mention my baseball cap with FTOF inscribed boldly on it - just to ensure safe passage through the pearly gates, of course.

That's the good thing about it. A few years back I got it for my dad who is a teacher. If it was obviously a thistle tie he couldn't get away with wearing it at work. It's quite funny, he works in a catholic school so he'll make a joke about Rangers being s*** and get a round of applause, then spend the rest of the lesson taking the piss out of Celtic and the kids go in a huff.

:happy2: I have one tie that is black with the PTFC Supporters Association Badge on the front. Only time i wore it was when

we Cumbernauld supporters went to watch the Jags get gubbed by Brechin then we went on to the Arbroath Supporters club

for a right good night. The Maryhill lads came with us on our bus and they took all the younger fans home to Cumbernauld

then Maryhill on their bus.

I also have the one that is black with the old Thistle badge ( the one before the current one) all over it at angles.

Only worn it a couple of times and once to a mates funeral here in Sydney.Well he was a Celtic man. :frantic:

I've quite a selection of Thistle ties. Miss the tartan one. It was 'stolen' on the bus back from the Peterhead play-off and was last seen tied round the head of the current Airdrie United goalkeeper. :P

He'll be getting it tight off the north stand...

Hosie wants his tie back

Hosie wants his tie back

Hosie wants his tie back

Although that makes it sound like he stole your curtains!

Thanks to Comrade Leitch, last night I purchased the black, red and yellow striped italian silk tie highlighted earlier in the thread. Not only is it extremely stylish, but I firmly believe it will be an outstanding asset with regard to attracting quim.

whats the Portuguese goalkeeper got to do with Thistle ties?!!

Thanks to Comrade Leitch, last night I purchased the black, red and yellow striped italian silk tie highlighted earlier in the thread. Not only is it extremely stylish, but I firmly believe it will be an outstanding asset with regard to attracting quim.

Nice one, just remember its meant to go around your neck :P