Aaron Muirhead

Santana

What a signing he has been. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who had never heard of him when we signed him and wasn't sure if he play at right-back, centre-back or in the midfield, or even if he would feature at all. But not just yesterday, in every game this season he's been a rock. He's dominant in the air (you can actually hear his scream every time he goes up for a header), strong, good in the tackle, but the thing that impresses me the most is his passing - his long through balls for the full backs are unbelievable. A mixture of both Archie and Shaggy. Excellent.

Spot on with everything you say.

Also I'm sure there are goals coming from the Big Fella as well. I don't believe we've seen the best of his free kicks by a long chalk and he'll surely grab a goal or two from a corner.

Was just thinking yesterday at the half time draw that Willie K now knows he made the right decision to leave. I was a big fan of Kinniburgh but I couldn't see him getting a game these days.

Muirhead, Welsh and Lawless have been great signings. The scouts are doing an excellent job - Sinclair was another good signing. Their priority must be to find a successor or cover for Archibald. Hopefully, our modern apprentices can make the step up like Bannigan.

BTW McGuigan scored again for Albion Rovers yesterday so he seems to be benefiting from his month's loan.

He has been outstanding. Him and Welsh make us dangerous at corners for the first time in as long as I can remember. He is also a cracking defender and I think Archie being back to his best must have a lot to do with him having confidnce in Muirhead beside him.

Great signing. DId we pay money for him?

Muirhead, Welsh and Lawless have been great signings. The scouts are doing an excellent job - Sinclair was another good signing. Their priority must be to find a successor or cover for Archibald. Hopefully, our modern apprentices can make the step up like Bannigan.

BTW McGuigan scored again for Albion Rovers yesterday so he seems to be benefiting from his month's loan.

Speaking to Rovers fans on P&B and they like big Mark. When we signed Muirhead, the Annan fans were all full of praise, and apparently can play centre back, right back and in midfield. Jackie is certainly bringing in some gems. Hopefully Ross Forbes will be another success.

Aaron Muirhead is the new Boab McCulloch. Only thinner.

Far, far superior to Boab, more cultured,more powerfull,faster and what an organiser, he was even telling Archie where to be at times. This guy can be huge, the sky's the limit. We sit in front of his dad, who seems a good guy.

• Members

I can't remember the last time we had such a commanding Centre Back. Before the season started, I was concerned that we lacked someone in the central defensive area. I assumed Aaron would be challenging for the Right Back slot or midfield from what I'd read about him when he signed. Jackie obviously knew he had something with him to make him such an outstanding Centre Half. Whoever spotted his potential in that position deserves a real big pat on the back from us all.

I think the issue here is how good a signing from Annan would be in terms of slotting into a defensive lineup, and how many mistakes he would make. Well, if there is any signing of Jackies that has made me realise that I know f all about football, it's Muirhead. Absolute class. Best centre back we've had since.....when?

Earl,

I'd say if he keeps this up, he could be held in the same regard as irons, Patterson, Duffy, craigen.

Whilst we talk about him tho, Archie may run him close. For me, Archie is shaping up to have his best season ever in a jags shirt.

The improvement in his distribution is incredible. Just playing simple passes keeping the ball moving between him, shug and muirhead.

Loving the way he's moving over to cover at left back.

I can't remember the last time we had such a commanding Centre Back. Before the season started, I was concerned that we lacked someone in the central defensive area. I assumed Aaron would be challenging for the Right Back slot or midfield from what I'd read about him when he signed. Jackie obviously knew he had something with him to make him such an outstanding Centre Half. Whoever spotted his potential in that position deserves a real big pat on the back from us all.

think it was Jackie and Simon as jackie says that the scouts are watching jouniors.

Whilst we talk about him tho, Archie may run him close. For me, Archie is shaping up to have his best season ever in a jags shirt.

The improvement in his distribution is incredible. Just playing simple passes keeping the ball moving between him, shug and muirhead.

Loving the way he's moving over to cover at left back.

Great point.

I've noticed how different Archie has been this season. Not given it that much thought and it's only really just occurred to me how daft it would've been to have your club/team captain punting the ball sixty plus yards in more hope than expectation when the other ten players sing from a completely different hymn sheet.

Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be here long enough.

Unfortunately I agree.

However credit to whoever it was from Thistle's scouting staff that came across the guy originally. 80 games for Annan proves there really are some hidden gems in the lower leagues. As has been mentioned before, his dominance in defence, his range of passing and his striking of a dead ball yet noone even in the higher leagues spotted him before us. We definitely found one of them with this guy

Spoke with a couple of Sevco fans who were at our game Sat & made the comment that Muirhead playing in same league last season as they're now in & yet he looks better than the foreign centre halves Sally/Chucky Green have brought in.

On a totally unrelated note on hidden gems in SFL3, noticed a certain Kyle Hutton not getting his game for Sevco. Wonder if he'd be interested in a move to higher league...