Get Along To Cappielow

Fistle1876

Is Cartdyke still the "Drumgelloch" of Greenock, i.e. populated by wee neds trying to act like hardmen after their team has been gubbed, with any polis who are anywhere near wishing they weren't and doing nothing?

Is Cartdyke still the "Drumgelloch" of Greenock, i.e. populated by wee neds trying to act like hardmen after their team has been gubbed, with any polis who are anywhere near wishing they weren't and doing nothing?

mate i've always found gaynock is like a time warp. they dress like our neds did ten yr ago and they have very bad hair cuts. skin heads wae ratty long fringes. mate well funny. lookin forward to this gemme

I'll be on the train. I take it you mean the set of turnstiles you come to when you go under that wee bridge thingy?

Since you are going by train I wouldn't worry too much, depending what train you get there tends to be alot of fans - just follow the red and yellow and you wont go wrong really!

As ian mac said the 2.05 gets you in for 2.45, perfect time really, the less time spent there the better!

I've managed to persuade a decent sized group of acquaintances and hingers oan to join me on this jaunt to Greenock. These people don't really follow the fitba but are willing to cheer on The Jags as its my birthday and I telt them to.

Our plan involves the 1330 from central to Cartsdyke and then going for a pre-match in the Norseman. After reading the above post I'm beginning to think this is a shite idea.... It's no that bad in the Norseman... Is it?...

I'll be getting the 13:35 from Central, mainly because I don't remember there being many turnstiles at Cappielow so a big crowd could lead to a big queue close to kick-off. Also, as long as it's not pelting with rain, I don't mind being there for a while, I just read the programme.

Since you are going by train I wouldn't worry too much, depending what train you get there tends to be alot of fans - just follow the red and yellow and you wont go wrong really!

As ian mac said the 2.05 gets you in for 2.45, perfect time really, the less time spent there the better!

When you get off the train, cross the bridge, follow the lane, 2nd on the right.

Thanks guys. See you there! :fan:

I've managed to persuade a decent sized group of acquaintances and hingers oan to join me on this jaunt to Greenock. These people don't really follow the fitba but are willing to cheer on The Jags as its my birthday and I telt them to.

Our plan involves the 1330 from central to Cartsdyke and then going for a pre-match in the Norseman. After reading the above post I'm beginning to think this is a shite idea.... It's no that bad in the Norseman... Is it?...

Take out Life Insurance...

You could get off at Greenock Central more pubs then get train back.

Happy birthday D. If I see you in the Norseman I'll get you a half pint :P

wheres your mascot gone, wheres your mascot gone?! although i think the rest of their mascot has been found!

In yer Greenock Slums,

You look in the bin for something to eat,

You find mascot cat suit and think its a treat,

In yer Greenock slums.....

can we no all stand in their shed at the side of the park and stage our own version of agincourt again? de ja vu?

As we basked in the sunshine yesterday, I looked at the rickety Morton shed and recalled bottles whizzing by my head and charges that were met by counter charges as both sets of supporters fought for control of the strategic Cappielow shed. Things you'll do to get out of the rain on a cold midweek night. Happy days...

That was my first visit to Cappielow in around 10 years, and I actually enjoyed it, apart from the result. Rickety old stand, the continental-style benches with no cover behind the goal, historic toilets and refreshment facilities. I actually really like the look of the combined standing and seated areas in the old shed.