Get Along To Cappielow

Fistle1876

Old school ground, standing and hopefully watching thistle get another 3 points. The players need our support and the more fans we have behind the goal will give the players that we bit extra lift they need to push for promotion. Weathers to be good as well!

Difficult to disagree and, tho' it's one ground I can fully understand folk wanting to avoid, this is a big game and the players need as much support as possible.

I do tho' find it rather amusing that folk think just because you can stand behind a goal Cappielow is now in anyway a traditional football ground. Charging away fans £15 is daylight robbery.

Difficult to disagree and, tho' it's one ground I can fully understand folk wanting to avoid, this is a big game and the players need as much support as possible.

I do tho' find it rather amusing that folk think just because you can stand behind a goal Cappielow is now in anyway a traditional football ground. Charging away fans £15 is daylight robbery.

Correct. But Greenock presents excellent opportunities for shoplifting, usually because the staff are totally zonked out of their brains and don't know where they are never mind what shop they are in, or what they're supposed to be doing. So, at the end of the day, it's usually quids in.

Old school ground, standing and hopefully watching thistle get another 3 points. The players need our support and the more fans we have behind the goal will give the players that we bit extra lift they need to push for promotion. Weathers to be good as well!

It is by far the worse ground to go to.Actually dread it. £15 is just daylight robbery for what you get and have to put up with. But we are there to support the team and at end of the day that is all that really matters!

I'll be going.

Getting the 14.05 from Central, gets in to Cartsdyke at 14.45

Hopefully get a good few jags fans on that train for a sing song.

I got that trian last time and getting a seat was a nightmare! should be ok if we have the behind the goal though!

Decided to try the norseman tomorrow - not too sure what I have let myself in for!

Edited by little_miss_jag

Decided to try the norseman tomorrow - not too sure what I have let myself in for!

A charming hostelry of the olde worlde variety.

Absolutely no problem before the game but unless you're doing research for a Peter McDougall critique or live in the 70s a place I'd otherwise avoid. Just about everything that could be moved is either screwed to the floor or the wall.

Correct. But Greenock presents excellent opportunities for shoplifting, usually because the staff are totally zonked out of their brains and don't know where they are never mind what shop they are in, or what they're supposed to be doing. So, at the end of the day, it's usually quids in.

Yeah but lets face it in Greenock , you dont have a great selction of shops to nick from lol , Pound shops , Charity Shops , Mobile Phone shops,Pawn Brokers and Primark. - What I laugh is the stickers in the windows saying we welcome cruise ship passengers and accept Euro's

I have never been to Cappielow before and was wondering how we get into the away end. Does it have its own set of turnstiles or do we have to use the same ones as the home support?

How are you travelling?

If by train, it's the turnstyles nearest the train station.

If driving, it's the turnstyles furthest away(nearest Greenock)