Pttv: Morton Highlights

fritzy

cheers.Murrays first tackle looks as though he won the ball but he did come through the side of the guy and the Murray red card tackle looks more like a 50-50 everytime I see it, if the Morton player hadn't started waving his hands and shouting to the ref then he might have got away with it. Don't think our penalty shout in the 2nd half was a pen, it his hand aye but it was never meant, I would have been unhappy if we gave away a pen because of that.

Murray seemed to get the ball with the first booking, but it was a tackle from behind which is considered dangerous, so a booking is fair. At the start of the second half their number 8 got away with a similar foul just outside their box, but ah well, we seemed to have wasted most of our free kicks anyway.

Second booking looked a 50/50, but may have been different close up. Morton players reaction knowing Murray was on a booking may have influenced the ref.

However, if we can't defend fairly simple movement at set-pieces then it doesn't matter whether these calls go for us or not, we'd still have lost either way. Fox needs to be more commanding, but it wasn't just him, plenty of defenders stood still too.

Thought the push on Craig in the box in the first half looked like a foul, but would have been a soft penalty as I don't think he would have touched the ball. The handball in the second half, I can't tell if it hits the player's hand or not, but how could a footballer misjudge a ball that stays in the air that long and accidentally handball it?

Bannigan's foul at the end, I can't tell if he clips him or not, but you can't run across the back of a player running towards goal like that, you'll give a foul away almost every time.

• Members

Well from that I took, Murray was late but Weatherston had a big influence on the ref's final decision. The ref didn't immediately go for the card so he must have had reservations. The first goal Rutkiwiecz was allowed to run from the edge of the box unchallenged to head home Muirhead never at any point had him matched and was stood just outside the 6 yard box watching to see where he was going to run too. The second goal it was Archie that didn't match the run and it was just a straight run to the front post. Poor from both centre backs imo. No way Fox could be blamed for either of those goals. The third goal jsut looked down to tiredness. O'Donnel started to match the goalscorers run but got caught following the ball instead of his man who then had an easy task to score.

Twinny, Bannigan didn't get booked for a trip he put his hand on the guys shoulder and the guy got shot by a sniper! Negligible contact at best. Bannigan seems to have racked up a few yellows already this season.

Most of that was how I remember it through the well oiled gaze. We were playing better football all game, even after going down to 10 men. Stupid defending for corners, unlucky with some chances. Ref was garbage but got the Shug red card right, it was a second booking.

This.

The outcome didn't look good when we lost possession after the very first kick at kick-off, before the ball even got out of the centre circle!

I think the ref got all the major decisions right apart from the second yellow for Murray - it should have been a straight red imo. No doubt in my mind he goes in with excessive force.

Disagree.His momentum contributed to his strength of challenge i think.