Airdrie This Saturday

potty trained

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great dummy, with Craig then facing the wrong way, to then turn and still be in front of the defenders when the ball came across to send it home.... Brilliant. Lawless did not hold up play awaiting his arrival!! and puts to rest my thoughts that Craig is slow and awkward. Also great save from Fox with the deflected shot at the death. A fair bit of criticism about his positioning at times ( at one point again I thought it was going to happen again, if the boy shot straight away Fox was waaaaaay left of centre) but fantastic save!! Well done Jags. Three points a must on Sat no matter how we get them.

I think if we can score early on we could go on to get a few, especially at Firhill. I'd keep Craig in, and change him for Doolan if we're stuck after 70 minutes. Bsides that, I'd keep Forbes in Murray's place, then maybe give Rowson a run for the last 20 minutes if we're ahead.

Airdrie have aquitted themselves well considering they had less preperation time than Dumbarton did, and I think they'll bring an acceptable number tomorrow, possibly around the 400 mark. I know this fixture doesn't have the edge it used to, but this is probably nearly as much of a derby for them as the Hamilton match.

I think if we can score early on we could go on to get a few, especially at Firhill. I'd keep Craig in, and change him for Doolan if we're stuck after 70 minutes. Bsides that, I'd keep Forbes in Murray's place, then maybe give Rowson a run for the last 20 minutes if we're ahead.

Airdrie have aquitted themselves well considering they had less preperation time than Dumbarton did, and I think they'll bring an acceptable number tomorrow, possibly around the 400 mark. I know this fixture doesn't have the edge it used to, but this is probably nearly as much of a derby for them as the Hamilton match.

Think the polis have enough on their plate on a Friday night without all that. :) .

what songs you starting?

I wish supporters would drop the "Jackie macnamara - he used to be a tim but he's alright now" song. Or at least change the word "tim".

I'm very surprised we haven't been pulled up by the SFA/SFL for it, after it got a vocal airing on Sunday live on the telly.

I wish supporters would drop the "Jackie macnamara - he used to be a tim but he's alright now" song. Or at least change the word "tim".

I'm very surprised we haven't been pulled up by the SFA/SFL for it, after it got a vocal airing on Sunday live on the telly.

We weren't pulled up because its not sectarian...Celtic fans call themselves Tims and don't take offence to it.

You not the same guy who made some ridiculous comments regarding the Morton player getting his leg broke? Strange moral values base you got there G.

We weren't pulled up because its not sectarian...Celtic fans call themselves Tims and don't take offence to it.

You not the same guy who made some ridiculous comments regarding the Morton player getting his leg broke? Strange moral values base you got there G.

My comments on Stephen Stirling won't get the club fined.

This song, potentially, could get the club in bother. Is there really a need for it?

Bet it doesn't!

There's already been a complaint about it at Firhill. One of the stewards followed up on it, and the North Stand changed the song to cleaner lyrics.

Why not just stick with the cleaner lyrics than ones with a chance of being interpreted as sectarian?

Definitely not something that adds to the "family friendly" atmosphere we're trying to create.

There's already been a complaint about it at Firhill. One of the stewards followed up on it, and the North Stand changed the song to cleaner lyrics.

Why not just stick with the cleaner lyrics than ones with a chance of being interpreted as sectarian?

Definitely not something that adds to the "family friendly" atmosphere we're trying to create.

Nope, we sang it first game of the season and the sectarian police filmed us. Discussion ensued at halftime and a couple of guys changed the lyrics...but very few people sang the 'safer version'. The police line 'we aren't sure whether it falls under the criteria of the new legislation or not' (or words to that effect). Couple of hundred people filmed singing it, none charged or spoken to about it...as far as I know.

Why should we clean it up? It's not 'dirty'. There will be far worse songs sang at the airdrie fans on Saturday.

Edited by Steven H

That's just it! The word isn't sectarian. Walk down Gallowgate and you'll notice a Celtic themed shop called TimLand.