Half Season Tickets

stuart_adam

I dont know about everyone else, but I would hope the club are going to offer half season tickets this year. I think it would be a great way for the club to make money and put more money into Jackies budget.

I dont know what the uptake would be like, but I know I'd get one.

The reason this crossed my mind is, I've been to most games this season, missing only a couple due to weddings etc; and I was asked what I would like for Xmas, my instant reply was a Half season ticket, if the Jags do ofcourse do them...

What do you think?

Only 3 more games at Firhill before Christmas, one of which is a Cup game.

So the majority of marketing will need to be done online, via the official site, harry wraggs, here, twitter, facebook etc.

Could we take out quarter page adverts in the press?

How many of our average home gate (2500) actually have season tickets?

All the kids go free obviously, so of the remaining 1900 adults, how many have a season ticket?

Then we need to hit the 2000 lapsed fans who came on Saturday, via the options above.

So the majority of marketing will need to be done online, via the official site, harry wraggs, here, twitter, facebook etc.

All the kids go free obviously, so of the remaining 1900 adults, how many have a season ticket?

Then we need to hit the 2000 lapsed fans who came on Saturday, via the options above.

After the weekend we've just had, I think newspaper or radio adverts could be worth it - not that I know anything about this though!

Im pretty sure the club said they had sold about 1000 season tickets.

I know quite a lot of people, like myself who pay at the gate every week, the appeal of a half season ticket to myself is that, I know I will go to most if not all the games anyway, so why not get one an put money into Jackies January budget?

So there's about 1000 pay at the gate adult fans?

How much would it be to get a run of pamplets done, so that every pay at the gate customer over the next 2 league games, gets a pamplet advertising half season trickets...

this of course all being hypothetical, based on if the club decide to do them. I cant see why not. I'd even suggest, due to the product on the park, and the atmosphere in the ground, that you could sell it with no "financial reward" and it would still sell... throw in a free game and i would hope every single person eho can afford it, would buy one.

One thing that Saturday proved was that with the correct product on the field...and boy have we got that right at the moment..the lapsed fans will come back, especially for big games. Cant imagine anyone that was there on Saturday would want to miss the next epic at Firhill

Theres also the option to offer alternatives, like the 3, 5 and 7 game packages they offered last year.

Personally i prefer this option, though I'll probably go to every game I can. Just for personal circumstances I can't afford a half or full season ticket outlay at the moment. The club may get a few extra quid from me, but I'm happy to do that :)

As far as advertising goes I don't think pamphlets or newspaper ads would be necessary, I'd say so long as they make announcements plugging them over the tannoy at the next few home games then most, if not all of the target audience will be at the games and will hear the message.

I know what you mean, but I think the problem with your idea, is the idea itself.

I would definitely purchase a half-season ticket should they become available. Had planned on buying a full ticket at the start of the season but holidays and car payments dictated otherwise. Anything I can do to help Jackie and the team, I'm more than willing to do so; they deserve it.

I know what you mean, but I think the problem with your idea, is the idea itself.

Aye, the idea is to get new people or irregularly attending fans coming, not the same people coming. There are some people who make every game or almost every game, there will be others who only make 1 in 8 games or less. In order to convince them to come more regularly through 3, 5 or 7 match tickets or half season tickets can't be done through announcements over the PA system. We had a big crowd because the word spread mainly through word of mouth, a healthy social media/website interaction with the fans and some good words in the press. We could have had a bigger crowd had we advertised in papers, but I can understand why we didn't as that is a very expensive risk. Now with Saturday's result behind us such a risk wouldn't be as great.

I don't want it to sound like piggybacking (which, I suppose, it would be), or that it would be in any way disingenuous, but how about we offer free half-season tickets to members of the forces? I suspect the media would certainly pick this up and we could affix the fact that half-season tickets would now be on sale for purchase.

Good publicity and a relatively cost effective way of getting the word out that we're selling them.

Edited by Armand2

I don't want it to sound like piggybacking (which, I suppose, it would be), or that it would be in any way disingenuous, but how about we offer free half-season tickets to members of the forces? I suspect the media would certainly pick this up and we could affix the fact that half-season tickets would now be on sale for purchase.

Good publicity and a relatively cost effective way of getting the word out that we're selling them.

Don't forget the asylum seekers!

And the unemployed!

And heavily pregnant women!

etc.

Stupid idea. Once a year is plenty of a freebie.

Anyone know how many turned up on Saturday to take advantage of free entry?

Aye, the idea is to get new people or irregularly attending fans coming, not the same people coming. There are some people who make every game or almost every game, there will be others who only make 1 in 8 games or less. In order to convince them to come more regularly through 3, 5 or 7 match tickets or half season tickets can't be done through announcements over the PA system. We had a big crowd because the word spread mainly through word of mouth, a healthy social media/website interaction with the fans and some good words in the press. We could have had a bigger crowd had we advertised in papers, but I can understand why we didn't as that is a very expensive risk. Now with Saturday's result behind us such a risk wouldn't be as great.

My comments were based on the half season tickets being aimed at the pay at the gate regulars to get their money up front so it can be used to extend contracts in the New Year. If it’s new customers we’re talking about then correct, an announcement wouldn’t work and pamphleting in the city or newspaper ads might be a goer. However the comment I was responding to suggested paying for pamphlets and handing them out to pay at the gate customers on their way in to the matches and I thought that an announcement which costs nothing would be more cost effective.

Not many would take it up, probably only a handful of people who otherwise wouldn't go. Letting a dozen or even a hundred people into the ground free wouldn't cost us a thing if they weren't going to pay in in the first place. So it could be great, cheap publicity.

My comments were based on the half season tickets being aimed at the pay at the gate regulars to get their money up front so it can be used to extend contracts in the New Year. If it’s new customers we’re talking about then correct, an announcement wouldn’t work and pamphleting in the city or newspaper ads might be a goer. However the comment I was responding to suggested paying for pamphlets and handing them out to pay at the gate customers on their way in to the matches and I thought that an announcement which costs nothing would be more cost effective.

Fair enough, sorry for the misunderstanding :thumbsup2:

Not many would take it up, probably only a handful of people who otherwise wouldn't go. Letting a dozen or even a hundred people into the ground free wouldn't cost us a thing if they weren't going to pay in in the first place. So it could be great, cheap publicity.

That was my thinking, Twinny. I think you're being a little bit shortsighted LMJ, only viewing it as another freebie. As Twinny says, I don't think many people would take it up but the publicity we would get from it would be widespread - I don't know of another club offering free season tickets to soldiers. Not only will they spend money in the stadium on food, drink, programmes, etc. but they might bring along friends or family who aren't in the forces, perhaps even their kids who may then grow up to be Thistle fans. The publicity we would get from a campaign like this would be more effective than a standalone half-season ticket sale, in my opinion.

Edited by Armand2

That was my thinking, Twinny. I think you're being a little bit shortsighted LMJ, only viewing it as another freebie. As Twinny says, I don't think many people would take it up but the publicity we would get from it would be widespread - I don't know of another club offering free season tickets to soldiers. Not only will they spend money in the stadium on food, drink, programmes, etc. but they might bring along friends or family who aren't in the forces, perhaps even their kids who may then grow up to be Thistle fans. The publicity we would get from a campaign like this would be more effective than a standalone half-season ticket sale, in my opinion.

I would worry that, like with most sections of society, a number of those season tickets would soon be getting used every week by non-forces personnel, maybe even brothers, cousins, nephews of the rightful owner. Photo ID is no good; turnstyle operators are unlikely to check ID very closely, or to challenge somebody whose picture doesn't quite look like the person with the ticket.

And sorry, but the forces in general get their big day every year at around this time. How about all the other good causes that exist? Why not a free-for-NHS staff day, or free-for-emergency-services day, or free-for-youth-leaders day. I'm serious, and think that a whole series of such one-off events would be seen just as positively, and would in fact be more likely to contact potential longer-term new supporters.