Just In

1 John Lambie

Missed the 1st goal after arriving a minute after kick-off! 2nd goal was a good hit by Buchanan from the edge of the box, did take a deflection which probably helped it dip. 3rd goal came from a good deep cross by Boyle, Doolan couldn't miss. Could & should have been afew more, but players decided to pass instead of shoot when shooting was the easiest option.

Paton gifted them their goal, he did that thing he likes to do, a wee turn back/inside, whilst trying to stay on his right foot. However, he was playing CB in the 2nd half & resulted in the striker having a free run to goal & easy finish.

Hodge hardly touched the ball & was subbed at HT (all the HT subs did seem pre-planned though), Robbo came off at HT with what appeared to be a knee/thigh knock. Really like McGeough, good attacking FB.

The trialist had quite a good game, especially in the 2nd half when he was moved from RM to CM. Looked composed on the ball. I'm sure you've all read who it was, but I'm not going to list his name.

Nice to win but the main thing is players getting match fitness and avoiding injuries. Although he has been told he can leave Boyle is really the only natural left sided fullback at the moment so I was pleased to read that he played a role in the third goal - how was his general play apart from that?

Nice to win but the main thing is players getting match fitness and avoiding injuries. Although he has been told he can leave Boyle is really the only natural left sided fullback at the moment so I was pleased to read that he played a role in the third goal - how was his general play apart from that?

OK. Our defenders today were hardly tested. Their goal came from a mistake from Paton but he was playing centreback at the time apart from that I can't remember Boyle or any other back being really tested.

Boyle looked good going forward and fitted in pretty well. QP weren't up to much. They had Longworth, Smith (formerly of ashfield) and Graeme Eaglesham as strikers at various points. All of these players were not deemed good enough for firhill or the 1st division, so we shouldn't expect anything much as a result of defending reasonably well against them.

Boyle looked good going forward and fitted in pretty well. QP weren't up to much. They had Longworth, Smith (formerly of ashfield) and Graeme Eaglesham as strikers at various points. All of these players were not deemed good enough for firhill or the 1st division, so we shouldn't expect anything much as a result of defending reasonably well against them.

Very true, in fact on yesterday's evidence if I was a spiders fan I'd worry about them this season. That was their second friendly and they should probably have given us more of a game :unsure: .

Thought Ricky Little looked not bad. I imagine it wasn't that easy a decision to release him especially as he's known to have a very good attitude. Gets up and down the wing well.

Many of the posters on here and the old PTFC.net forum were clamouring for McCall to sign Longworth and Smith. QP, given the good relationship between us and the Spiders, is a good place for them. If they are good, we could sign them once some of the deadwood is cleared out.

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/july_2010/queens_park_1_partick_thistle_3

Good to see Bryn was in goals...why dont they just feckin sign him!!!

Cashflow is the main problem but the Board of Directors could find the cash personally until the season ticket cash comes. Tuffey is finding it hard to find a club and perhaps there is a chance that he might re-sign.

Cashflow is the main problem but the Board of Directors could find the cash personally until the season ticket cash comes. Tuffey is finding it hard to find a club and perhaps there is a chance that he might re-sign.

Judging by his comments after the game the manager hopes to make a couple of signings next week, probably after the Dumbarton friendly I would imagine:

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/july_2010/ian_mccall_on_yesterdays_friendly_win

I think Tuffey's offer was withdrawn.

Quite frankly Tuffy should NOT be given another offer. sorry mate but the bus has gone.

Disagree, though I think it's still a likely hypothetical situation and we'll sign Halliwell. Part of McCall's job is to get the best players available under his budget. By "best" I don't necessarily mean the most talented. Age, potential, terms of contract, character and attitude have also to be assessed.

Tuffey's a free agent looking for a club. The fact he played for us last season is really irrelevant.

Disagree, though I think it's still a likely hypothetical situation and we'll sign Halliwell. Part of McCall's job is to get the best players available under his budget. By "best" I don't necessarily mean the most talented. Age, potential, terms of contract, character and attitude have also to be assessed.

Tuffey's a free agent looking for a club. The fact he played for us last season is really irrelevant.

Perhaps McCall realises that if he were to re-sign Tuffey he'd be having to search for a new keeper next summer, as Tuffey has shown he doesn't want to stay here long term. McCall might be more likely to get Halliwell on a 2 year deal (and perhaps that's why it's taking so long to sign him - though that's purely speculation on my part).

Perhaps McCall realises that if he were to re-sign Tuffey he'd be having to search for a new keeper next summer, as Tuffey has shown he doesn't want to stay here long term. McCall might be more likely to get Halliwell on a 2 year deal (and perhaps that's why it's taking so long to sign him - though that's purely speculation on my part).

Given what's happened this summer by not signing players to save money, I think we are unlkely to sign anyone on anything more than a 1 season contract (unless in the case of Cairney and Liam there is a chance of getting a fee for them).

Given what's happened this summer by not signing players to save money, I think we are unlkely to sign anyone on anything more than a 1 season contract (unless in the case of Cairney and Liam there is a chance of getting a fee for them).

That's what I mean. I doubt McCall wants to be searching for people for every position every close season, and would probably like to have a goalie who will hang about for more than a season. I agree that with the financial situation the board will be reluctant to let McCall offer 2 year deals, which why I said that could easily be a sticking point in getting Halliwell signed up.