Nomads Need Tickets Too..sandy And Onethistle Team

topcat

If 1JL's first sentence is true (I've no idea whether or not it is), then it's a fair request.

Who warrants the club's help more in trying to get a ticket? Those who live so far away it is impractical for them to queue with everyone else at Firhill to buy their ticket or those who stand at the back of the North Stand and sing at home games?

I'll go for the former.

I dont think anyone has said that tickets will be set aside for singers.

If 1JL's first sentence is true (I've no idea whether or not it is), then it's a fair request.

Who warrants the club's help more in trying to get a ticket? Those who live so far away it is impractical for them to queue with everyone else at Firhill to buy their ticket or those who stand at the back of the North Stand and sing at home games?

I'll go for the former.

We haven't asked the club for any help trying to get tickets. What we have asked for is a dedicated singing section so that all those who wish to sing can sit together, and provide better backing for the team. Not an unreasonable request, will substantially improve the atmosphere at the game itself.

How about this for a plan.

1) Tickets go on sale to Season Ticket holders (&9 game package folk) for X days by phone, internet or pickup at club

2) Tickets go on sale to the rest of fans by phone, internet or pickup at club limited to 2 per person on a first come first serve basis till sold out

That is most likely the exact way the club will do things anyway.

As a NOMAD after seeing Saturdays attendance I am a bit worried that I won,t get tickets as I might not be there to stand in a queue . I am not a season ticket holder and I can,t really buy a match deal.

I do sponsor and full players kit and I am a gold centenary club member as well as going for the corporate match on Boxing day with Morton so I think I am doing my bit

I will definitely be back for this game and will probably bring my family and if I am typical of the NOMADS then I hope the club will take note of us when they start selling the tickets.

Please ask the club to think again for the venue as I think we are going to outsell 4000-5000 tickets easy.

Your points are noted TC - the Club is still in discussions with SFL /QOTS regards tickets - we have noted a couple of requests eg singing section and factored in Season Ticket Holders who will be allowed to buy 100 Tickets each ( only kidding) - we will do a "phased sale" which will not exclude those living abroad or a distance from the Club (we now have the inter webby thing you can buy stuff over :thumbsup2: ) but its a fair shout and as a Nomad for my big Club the Mighty Pericos I fully appreciate your concern.

Thanks for the Cent Membership and Player Sponsership BTW - if you win "a ball" delivery could be difficult :innocent2:

5000 limit assumes QOTS take full allocation - you have to sell what you take- so if you take your full allocation you have to cough up the cash sold or unsold.

Edited by Jordanhill Jag
  • Like 1

I think the worry here is that a lot of Jags fans may miss out on getting a ticket. I have been asked by various customers, pals etc (all Celtic fans) about getting a ticket for this and I'm pretty sure plenty of other Jags fans will be in the same position. Add all that into the real fans getting a ticket mix and we could be back to the Hampden semi kind of numbers.

Nomads like Topcat and Norgethistke have a valid question and deserve to have their opinions heard and treated with respect.

JJ has picked up on the concerns, leave it with onethistle to discuss with the club.

I look forward to meeting as many Nomads at the Cup Final as I can, assuming i remember to apply for a ticket in time!!

S

• Like 2

Sorry if asked previously, but if a ticket/s is/are purchased for a particular stand will the ticket have stated seat number or will the bearer be able to sit anywhere within the allotted stand? I'd prefer the former if viable as my Final crew may purchase at different stages of the selling process. Potentially a dozen of us going. One lad has a season book but for work reasons has only made two games with his dad using it on anothet occassion. The rest pay at the gate but the more regular may chip in for a couple of 9 game packages. The rest will probably rely on public sale. I think this scenario may apply to quite a lot of fans. I'm confident we'll get tickets but would rather not be all over the shop. I'm sure 10 of us went to the semi and we all sat in a row. Can't remember if we all bought tickets at the same time.

Saturday past was our biggest home crowd against a non OF team for absolutely donkeys, it was on a Saturday afternoon against one of the biggest teams in the SFL at Firhill and a top of the table clash. There were less Thistle fans at that game than our allocation will be for a game in the middle of nowhere in a competition nobody cares about against a diddy 2nd division team on a Sunday in a game which is live on tv.

If you want a ticket you will get one. And I'm certain there are ST holders on here who won't need 2 or who has a mate with a season ticket who won't need 2 who will be happy to help. Someone will sort you out.

Unless we have the league title won before the final game of the season this is the least important game of the 2012/13 campaign.

As a rotund season ticket holder who has been to every Ramsdens Cup game so far I will be buying a seat for each cheek on the halfway line :frantic:

Saturday past was our biggest home crowd against a non OF team for absolutely donkeys, it was on a Saturday afternoon against one of the biggest teams in the SFL at Firhill and a top of the table clash. There were less Thistle fans at that game than our allocation will be for a game in the middle of nowhere in a competition nobody cares about against a diddy 2nd division team on a Sunday in a game which is live on tv.

If you want a ticket you will get one. And I'm certain there are ST holders on here who won't need 2 or who has a mate with a season ticket who won't need 2 who will be happy to help. Someone will sort you out.

Unless we have the league title won before the final game of the season this is the least important game of the 2012/13 campaign.

As a rotund season ticket holder who has been to every Ramsdens Cup game so far I will be buying a seat for each cheek on the halfway line :frantic:

Fewer!