Steven O' Donnell

Trotter

I'm sure that the club will offer O'Donnell a new deal. Archibald, Paton, Doolan and Erskine are out of contract in May too. The club's finances are limited and it is unlikely that it can offer significant pay rises before the New Year. The Challenge Cup Final and increased crowds will help. However, we must beat the Pars in the Scottish Cup too and hope for a good draw in the next round.

Naturally the key factor is promotion and the extra income it will generate. If we don't get promoted, our top players will seek SPL football. Cairney is playing in an improved Hibs side that is challenging at the top. He has shown that it is possible to step up successfully to that level.

I'm sure that the club will offer O'Donnell a new deal. Archibald, Paton, Doolan and Erskine are out of contract in May too. The club's finances are limited and it is unlikely that it can offer significant pay rises before the New Year. The Challenge Cup Final and increased crowds will help. However, we must beat the Pars in the Scottish Cup too and hope for a good draw in the next round.

Naturally the key factor is promotion and the extra income it will generate. If we don't get promoted, our top players will seek SPL football. Cairney is playing in an improved Hibs side that is challenging at the top. He has shown that it is possible to step up successfully to that level.

As well as the ones you have mentioned mate - Forbes and Craig out of contract in January (Craig let the club down a couple of weeks ago but feel on the whole he has done enough to get a new deal) Forbes is even more of a priority to get signed up. Also out of contract at the end of the season are Fox and Rowson, the former will likely be offered a deal think they will see how Rowson performs before anything new offered.

Agree with all the posters about O Donell get him signed asap

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...al_for_bannigan

I don't think the player profiles on the official site have been updated (James Craigan does not even have one) yet.

I thought I remembered seeing that - was surprised when the profile said 2013. Thanks for the link.

Still, that's Forbes, Craig, Fox, Doolan, Erskine, Paton, O'Donnell and Archie from our regular starters. Hope Jackie has the budget to offer at least some of them deals before January. Nonetheless, I'd expect most of them to want to stay if we got promoted...

As well as the ones you have mentioned mate - Forbes and Craig out of contract in January (Craig let the club down a couple of weeks ago but feel on the whole he has done enough to get a new deal) Forbes is even more of a priority to get signed up. Also out of contract at the end of the season are Fox and Rowson, the former will likely be offered a deal think they will see how Rowson performs before anything new offered.

Agree with all the posters about O Donell get him signed asap

It's Craig's loan deal that expires in January and he will still have contract at County. His loan deal was funded mainly by a supporter's donation. Due to his suspension, McGuigan was recalled early from Albion Rovers. It is far from certain that the club will be able to afford (or wish) to renew his loan. There is also the possibility that County may not want to renew the deal or will want more money from us.

Craig being allowed to play for us in the club would suggest he is not part of Derek Adams's plans. Out og contract with County in May so we may be able to get something sorted.

O'Donnell's agent is Neil McCann so shouldn't be hard to deal with as long as we recognise his development and first team status.

My main worry with our out of contract players is that they will be on lesser contracts than a lot of SPL clubs. However I don't see many clubs adding to their squads in January.

On the other hand I'm sure Jackie has a list of contingency signings and the contacts within the game to replace any players that move on.

I feel the management are key to our improvement. Our team is greater than the sum of the individual players and if a couple move on we will move on and even get stronger as a result.

Rowson will be a bit part player and Archie may play less as he looks to concentrate on coaching.

I think we should concentrate on getting the players with a potential sell on value signed up. Paton, Erskine, Doolan, O'Donnell, Fox and Forbes would be the priority from a footballing and financial viewpoints, imo.

Edited by jagfox

It's Craig's loan deal that expires in January and he will still have contract at County. His loan deal was funded mainly by a supporter's donation. Due to his suspension, McGuigan was recalled early from Albion Rovers. It is far from certain that the club will be able to afford (or wish) to renew his loan. There is also the possibility that County may not want to renew the deal or will want more money from us.

I thought Adams had said that Craig could go come January as he was not in his plans

Craig being allowed to play for us in the club would suggest he is not part of Derek Adams's plans. Out og contract with County in May so we may be able to get something sorted.

O'Donnell's agent is Neil McCann so shouldn't be hard to deal with as long as we recognise his development and first team status.

My main worry with our out of contract players is that they will be on lesser contracts than a lot of SPL clubs. However I don't see many clubs adding to their squads in January.

On the other hand I'm sure Jackie has a list of contingency signings and the contacts within the game to replace any players that move on.

I feel the management are key to our improvement. Our team is greater than the sum of the individual players and if a couple move on we will move on and even get stronger as a result.

Rowson will be a bit part player and Archie may play less as he looks to concentrate on coaching.

I think we should concentrate on getting the players with a potential sell on value signed up. Paton, Erskine, Doolan, O'Donnell, Fox and Forbes would be the priority from a footballing and financial viewpoints, imo.

Spot on. All of this.

• Like 1

If Erskine is sold I am chucking it.

We may have no choice. He is out of contract at the end of the season, so free to discuss terms with other clubs in January, then leave for nothing in June, if he gets offered a better deal else where. I'm sure that he will get interest from many SPL sides (maybe further afield) so if we need to be able to offer him SPL next season or I suspect he will be off.

Jackie will have spoken to him, but if he has no intention of staying with The Jags, I would rather that we got something in January than nothing in June.

• Like 1

The downside to our success to date is that bigger clubs will hover around a have a wee peek at what weve got. Heard a few rumours, like Muirhead to Celtic, Doolan,Erskine to SPL clubs etc..., but as we try to run a tight ship (rightly so) then we cant offer fabo salaries. One thing in our favour at the moment is that most clubs are tightening their belt and can no longer splurge the cash!! If we cant keep them then might be best to try and get something for them in January. I am sure Jackie has players in mind to replace if we have to. So far this season, his signings have been excellent, so have faith.

I thought Adams had said that Craig could go come January as he was not in his plans

Do you have a reference/link for that? Adams may want to Craig off his wage bill to fund a new player. However, it's unlikely that we are paying all of Craig's wages. Would Craig accept a wage reduction? If yes, can we afford him anyway? Signing Forbes would be my priority in January.

Do you have a reference/link for that? Adams may want to Craig off his wage bill to fund a new player. However, it's unlikely that we are paying all of Craig's wages. Would Craig accept a wage reduction? If yes, can we afford him anyway? Signing Forbes would be my priority in January.

The was something on this forum about it, and I'm sure Jackie mentioned in an after match comment

We have to recognise that SPL clubs will be scouting O'Donnell, Erskine, Doolan and Paton. English clubs could be interested too. There could be also transfer offers for our young contracted players at the end of the season. Promotion is a must if we are to hold onto our best players.