Still Gutted

Mojo4171

58 years of watching Dungfermline putting us out of the cup. Son gutted, grandson gutted, can't believe that that bunch of dross put us out. Worst of all was listening to Jeffries condensing B...t...d, Dargo was clever etc. c'mon jim it was better when you didn't have a good word for anyone. Big disappointed was the loss of money from any future rounds to extend the guys contracts. The game on Saturday is huge, hope Jackie can get the guys up for it! One last thought all the Jags fans who sat in the pub at three o'clock on Saturday and never bothered their A...rse get the finger out! We need you.....you know who you are.

• Like 1

One last thought all the Jags fans who sat in the pub at three o'clock on Saturday and never bothered their A...rse get the finger out! We need you.....you know who you are.

What I don't understand about these fans is usually the excuse for not going is it is too expensive or in the case of yesterday "too close to Christmas" so they stay in the pub. Do they just have 1 drink for the few hours they are in the pub? The pub is equally as expensive and you would soon spend the £12 that it cost for the game yesterday.

To me, £12 quid is say 4 pints in the pub, if your choice was to sit in a pub and watch Soccer Saturday and spend £12 that way or standing in the north stand freezing cold. sober and supporting the jags, I know what I would rather.

My point is if you think £12 is too expensive, give the pub a miss altogether or drink less, go to the game and support the jags! As you point out these fans know who they are . . . .

Guys !!! There is a very big positive to take from this travesty of justice !! If the Pars are the best of the opposition to us this season then the championship is done and dusted !! Big mouth Jeffries isnt a football managers backside !! We were much the better team throughout and even with only 10 men we looked far superior so I've got no doubt in my mind that we will be playing in the top flight next season, and a word of advice for the team , dont let Forbes take another penalty, no professional footballer should miss a penalty kick !!!

Don't even bother having a go at the fans who choose not to turn up.

Our biggest problem is holding on to the supporters we still have. I thought that even in defeat, the fans were a real credit to the club yesterday - sang right to the end and applauded the team off the park. Why? Because there was no lack of effort there - sometimes things just don't go your way on the park. As long as the players give 100% commitment - the fans will hopefully always appreciate that, win lose or draw.

• Like 2

Don't even bother having a go at the fans who choose not to turn up. That's up to them.

Our biggest problem is holding on to the supporters we still have. I thought that even in defeat, the fans were a real credit to the club yesterday - sang right to the end and applauded the team off the park. Why? Because there was no lack of effort there - sometimes things just don't go your way on the park. As long as the players give 100% commitment - the fans will hopefully always appreciate that, win lose or draw.

i presume you feel very strongly about this subject hence posting 3 times .... :thumbsup2: But i completely agree. Mon ra jags

I don’t know if people are just talking about concentrating on the league to make themselves feel better but I absolutely love the Scottish Cup and was absolutely gutted about Saturday, still feeling awful after a massive drowning sorrow session after it. The one positive as alluded to above is that Dunfermline are garbage, we bossed them at their place (where we have a terrible record), destroyed them at Firhill and deserved at least a draw despite having a man sent off and missing a penalty yesterday. Saturday just re-enforced the league is ours.

Not until we sort our seriously mediocre away form. Haven't scored since the Morton game (which we lost anyway). Dunfy don't seem to have this problem. Although I can't remember when they last played against 11 men.

Yes I can :happy2:

We do have travel sickness but did manage to score in the Ramsdens semi at Central Park ;)

Not until we sort our seriously mediocre away form. Haven't scored since the Morton game (which we lost anyway). Dunfy don't seem to have this problem. Although I can't remember when they last played against 11 men.

Yes I can :happy2:

True, but we're yet to play the part-time teams away. Three of our next four away games are against Cowdenbeath, Airdrie and Dumbarton.

Aah, nice to know that we've got 9 points already in the bag from those three games....................

Good point (if I detect your sarcasm correctly) -- we still have to go into these games with the correct attitude or we will drop points in these games. The manager will realise this, hope he can get it into the players heads to do this.

Good point (if I detect your sarcasm correctly) -- we still have to go into these games with the correct attitude or we will drop points in these games. The manager will realise this, hope he can get it into the players heads to do this.

Actually, I didn't mean to be sarcastic at all, but can see how it might come across as that. Correct attitude definitely required.

I do have a feeling that we'll do rather better this time than the ground-out 1-0 victory a few weeks ago.

The three away games Twinny mentions are the three sides we've yet to play at their ground. Even if we only won one of those games and picked up another point from the other two that would represent 12 away points for the first half of the season. Nothing startlingly great I admit but we won Div 1 the last time with 24 away points.

It would be useful tho' to pick up a few more points away to take the strain of having to win every game at home. The term "seriously mediocre away form" is only true when taken in relation to our excellent home league form to date.

I doubt the Cowden game will go ahead on Saturday. Sometimes the home club will move heaven and earth to get a Saturday fixture on but with a home cup game against St Johnstone 2 days later I don't see much incentive to get Central PK playable for us. As it is forecast ain't too clever up till & including Thursday.

I doubt the Cowden game will go ahead on Saturday. Sometimes the home club will move heaven and earth to get a Saturday fixture on but with a home cup game against St Johnstone 2 days later I don't see much incentive to get Central PK playable for us. As it is forecast ain't too clever up till & including Thursday.

Then let's hope that if they call it off it'll be sooner rather than later. Pretty mild all round today; not sure about later in the week.

The three away games Twinny mentions are the three sides we've yet to play at their ground. Even if we only won one of those games and picked up another point from the other two that would represent 12 away points for the first half of the season. Nothing startlingly great I admit but we won Div 1 the last time with 24 away points.

It would be useful tho' to pick up a few more points away to take the strain of having to win every game at home. The term "seriously mediocre away form" is only true when taken in relation to our excellent home league form to date.

This season it will take more points to win the league than it did 10 years ago. The quality at either end of the league are very different, with us and Dunfermline rarely dropping points. Whilst we feel we may be much better than Dunfermline, they're picking up points as fast as we are as we're both coming up against useless teams.

Just got round to watching the highlights. Muirhead sending off looks soft but you can understand why the ref gave it. Our pen, if Erskine doesn't go down the ball sitting perfect for a shot, albeit from his bad foot. If that's not a clear goalscoring opportunity...

Ah well, the league game mattered more and we won that, boosted our goal difference and hurt theirs. I love the Scottish Cup but I love how well we're doing in the league this season. Doing well in both aren't mutually exclusive but it's easier to get over being out the cup when there are so many positive things going on just now.