Just In - Boxing Day

gettingjaggy

Agreed! We should have had them buried by half time. However that has to be one of the worst, and dare I say it, most biased, refereeing displays I have witnessed in many a year. It was almost as if he was on a mission to win the game for Morton. The goal he chopped of for Thistle in the first half - Wrong!, the free kick and booking he gave Morton that led to their equaliser - Wrong! the sending off - Wrong! Just an appalling display of double standards an ineptitude. What a horrible way to lose our 100% home league record :(

• Like 1

Should have been out of sight, but wasted great chances to kill them off. I thought the ref for the Raith games was poor, however today's official hit a new low of officiating. How he never booked the defender blatantly holding back Sinclair when on one of his runs, or the Morton player standing less than a yard from our freekick in the last couple of minutes is beyond me.

That so-called referee owes me personally £12. And I want it back from him.

I can't afford many games, but when I do go, I'm paying for a football match. Not to watch one person consistently cheat one team to a victory.

There was no second half played today, just a succession of decisions given to Greenock Morton. The players knew we couldn't win, you could tell. Everyone in the crowd knew it too.

If that referee wasn't consciously biased against Thistle, then he needs to quit, because he does not know his job.

And to have to wade through the Morton fans after the game, big smiles on their faces, "oh, we came back in the second half..." I'd be keeping well quiet if my team had to resort to victories like that.

Only one note on the team: thanks very much Smith, but your services are no longer required. We could prop a dead cat up between the sticks which would be just as effective - save the wage; or maybe collect it and pay a bigger bung than the other team, the next time that tosser ref's one of our games.

Clearly I'm raging. The most abject performance by someone getting paid to referee I've witnessed in a long time.

Should have been out of sight, but wasted great chances to kill them off. I thought the ref for the Raith games was poor, however today's official hit a new low of officiating. How he never booked the defender blatantly holding back Sinclair when on one of his runs, or the Morton player standing less than a yard from our freekick in the last couple of minutes is beyond me.

I dont mind losing fair and square but that referee was the worst ive seen hes even worse than cassidy when we won the second div i am so pissed off that we didn;t do that mob with all those chances they offered nothing till the ref took over

Referee ruined that game, blatantly favoured Morton, but Jackie got his subs wrong too, why erskine went off and Craig stayed on is beyond me, never chased back looked knackered and should have passed for erskine to strokeinto an empty net instead of trying to hog the glory.

Big Archie was fantastic today, Smith was very poor sooner Fox is back the better.

Still raging over the ref the bookings for the jags players were a joke, and Moron would commit the exact same tackle and he'd play it on, total waste of skin

Only one note on the team: thanks very much Smith, but your services are no longer required. We could prop a dead cat up between the sticks which would be just as effective - save the wage; or maybe collect it and pay a bigger bung than the other team, the next time that tosser ref's one of our games.

Clearly I'm raging.

Smith has been fine since the Hamilton game. I'd much rather have had him in goals for the past month than Scully.

Clearly I'm raging. The most abject performance by someone getting paid to referee I've witnessed in a long time.

I thought smith was good today and made a few good saves. I suppose we lost so we need to blame someone - why not Smith? Easy target I guess.

We should have been winning by more than 1 by half time that is for sure. The 2nd half the refereeing was dreadful and everything seemed to go against us. But we didn't help ourselves. Forbes was on a booking so would have made more sense to take him of and bring on Welsh. O'Donnell wasn't ready to play and was too slow when down to 10 men. Jackie was still in the stand for this game so it was down to Donnelly for the subs! Dreadful game and always a bit annoying to lose. Jackie was still in the stand for this game so it was down to Donnelly for the subs!

Gutted? Nah, I thought I would be. But we will lose at home from time to time, Dunfermline lost today, Morton wont keep this up and we still have a game in hand and are top of the league. Not too bad really! Onward and upwards!

We should have been out of sight by half time, and we showed a worrying collapse in the second half which culminated in Morton winning when they should have been buried. Archie was excellent all game, Smith was suspect, everyone else was mediocre.

The referee was appalling, I wouldn't like to wish him on a Sunday league. They ask for respect, but performances like that give referees a bad name. Inconsistent, far too keen to put his hand in his pocket, and didn't seem to have a grip on an important match. It seemed every 50/50 decision went Morton's way (including the disallowed goal early on) and Forbes should never have been sent off. His first booking wasn't a free kick let along a booking.

Morton came out second half and just simply upped their game

They played the second half like a cup game a goal down at ht and just went for it

The ref was really really baaad

Spoiled the whole game most of his decisions totally baffling

However looking at our performance

First half controlled the game Morton looked really average

We should have been two up but didn't take our chances

Thought erskine again was not at the races

Forbes ran the show in the first half

Good to see odonnell and welsh back but still not fully fit

Next week away to airdrie

Dunfermline away to Morton

Onwards lads and lassies

I suppose we lost so we need to blame someone - why not Smith? Easy target I guess.

The referee is why we lost today, not Smith. But whatever he was doing for their second goal, only he knows. And he doesn't appear to be able to take a kick. We're skint, and I refuse to believe Scully, or the under 12 goalie for that matter, is any worse. So why bother with the wage?

The referee is why we lost today, not Smith. But whatever he was doing for their second goal, only he knows. And he doesn't appear to be able to take a kick. We're skint, and I refuse to believe Scully, or the under 12 goalie for that matter, is any worse. So why bother with the wage?

I'd say it's harsh to blame Smith for that. On a day when the whole team (except Archie) wasn't at the races he was no worse than anyone else, and he's had some good displays this season. I say keep him as back-up until May, as hopefully Scully/Wightman will have improved by then.

• Members

Bit like Muray's sending off against Morton earlier on in the season. Thought the scream from the right back got Forbes carded as I thought the ref had turned away when the challenge came in. Poor tackle from Forbes when he was already on a yellow with the ref making many bad decisions all over the park.

Craig was also lucky not get a red for that challenge on their Keeper near the end. Thought Smith made some 'camera' saves that ended up putting us in trouble on a couple of occassions.

We need to get Muirhead's height back in the centre of defence because we're strugling with high punts at the moment. That's all Morton had today.

What if the choice is paying his wage until May, or using that money to keep someone like Erskine at the club instead of him being nicked by twits like Hibs?

What if Fox gets injured again? No-one ever thinks it'll happen until it does, and you need to be prepared. He's not a patch on Fox, but he's a good back-up who probably doesn't cost us very much.

How can you blame the substitutions when Forbes stupidly dived in to that challenge?

Shape of the team was completely gone thanks to him.

Both bookings were soft, but when you're on a yellow and have a terrible ref you just don't dive in.

Neither played looked remotely fit enough and with us taking off our 2 biggest threats we were getting nothing better than a point from the game from the moment they came on. Forbes sending off had nothing to do with Willie Dyer being able to outpace O'Donnell after playing 70 odd minutes of football or Welsh being nowhere near fit enough to both track back and then break forward any time we did have the ball.