Doolan

watties wallies

As I said after the Raith game, two "Firhill faces" told me Dools was probably off to Swinecastle in January. The fact that two guys that were well less than 100% fit got on the pitch today instead of him makes me almost certain the info is correct. Personally I hope its incorrect!

Edited by Lindau

As I said after the Raith game, two "Firhill faces" told me Dools was probably off to Swinecastle in January. The fact that two guys that were well less than 100% fit got on the pitch today instead of him makes me almost certain the info is correct. Personally I hope its incorrect!

Are Hearts not banned from making any signings?

Last 20 mins of game today was crying out for him imo

Doolan should have come on as soon Forbes went off

Glad as I was to see both Welsh & O'Donnell return I thought removing both Erskine & Lawless a rather negative move. That's not something I associate with Jackie so I wouldn't be surprised to find out there was niggling injuries or sickness involved.

I do find it strange that Doolan didn't come on, even just towards the end, but I'd find it even stranger if he's been frozen out.

• Members

With all the uncertainty surrounding Craig's future,to let Doolan go would be crazy.what is worrying me more is the form of erskine.for the 3rd game on the bounce I found him to be miles off the pace and obviously with other things on his mind?

Still didn't stop him playing a highly significant part in our goal!

Why would Doolan going to Hearts in January mean he couldn't have come off the bench on Saturday?

The only reason would be not to get him injured, now if he is leaving for a token fee with 6 months left on his contract then firstly, why would we sell him for a pishy wee fee and secondly if we are only getting a pishy wee fee surely beating Morton was more important in the grand scheme of things than the small chance he would get injured. The only other explanation was that Hearts have met Beatties "only selling out of contract players for 6 figure sums" valuation.

So hopefully that money is used to tie down Craig on a long deal (ie at least summer 2014) and offer Erskine the readies to sign him up (with a buy out clause if we don't go up this summer).

I really don't know much about Hearts just now, is he going to get a game? Weird he would even want to go in January, I'd certainly respect him and the board a lot more if we kept him until the summer in the hope we get promotion, can we really afford to lose him if we want to win the league? If we don't go up and he leave or even if we do go up and he leaves we are surely in a better position? If we have no Craig or Doolan we are screwed, if we only have one and one of them is injured we are screwed. Given the comparitively small sums involved I'd rather take the risk and keep them both. Our crowds are up, the Pars and Morton games alone have given us an extra 4,000 punters through the gates we wouldn't have expected.

So basically if he goes and we get Craig and Erskine signed up I'll accept it, anything else doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

I think that Doolan isn't playing because Craig is doing a better job at the moment. My main worry with Craig,apart from him maybe not being with us after Saturday, is that I think he will get sent off again. Doolan will get his chance again and McGuigan is probably knocking on the door for a start