Another Year Over....

little_miss_jag

Ok so another year of football is over so including the last half of last season and the 1st half of this season, what are your top 3 games of the year?

I shall go first, so many to choose from but I would say:

Beating Dundee 3-0 last season

Dunfermline away this season

Livingston away this season

1. 5-1 Dunfermline. Best atmosphere at Firhill for a long, long time. Great performance and result to match

2. 7-0 Airdrie. Awful opposition but when you do a team of scumbags like that, it is sweet.

3. 2-0 Livingston. Entertainment-wise, the most even game of the season. We had to properly work for that first goal and then after that there was no other winner.

Apparently 35 players have played for PTFC in 2012.

Can anyone name them all?

Fox Smith Scully O'Donnell Sinclair Bannigan Archie Muirhead Balatoni Cole Kinniburgh Flannigan Erskine Lawless Cairney Rowson Welsh Forbes Paton Murray Doolan Craig Elliott McGuigan Griffin Halsman Dargo Naismith Black Slane Craigen Burns McAleer Robertson Stewart

That was difficult after about 25 or so. There's 35 in the list but I've not checked if any are duplicates.

1/ 5-1 v Dunfermline. I honestly can't see how anybody could find another match to compare. A 6 pointer, two of the best goals at Firhill I've seen for many a year and a fantastic all round team performance. Great atmosphere.

2/5-0 v Q o S. A lot of us were confident we would do well this season. Like Uber says the quality last season doesn't compare but this game was perhaps the exception. It was certainly the game that got me thinking confidently about this season. First time we'd seen just how good Sean Welsh could be. Also by this time the O'Donnell sceptics were fast changing their mind about the lad. Again a great atmosphere and an excellent day out.

3/7-0 v Airdrie. Everything came right that day. We weren't up against top of the table opposition but we've long come apart in games such as this. Airdrie simply couldn't cope with so many of our players threatening from all angles.

The common factor with those three games was they were never down to just one player turning it on but the whole team playing as an entity. Backing that up four different players scored against Queens, four against Pars and six against Airdrie. That's probably our major strength this season as our opposition can't simply mark one key player out the game to stymie us. .

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2

Has to be the most popular choice of ;

1) 5-1 v Dungfy - Great game , team effort and brilliant tactics from Jackie outshing big mouth Jeffries at every turn, fabulous atmosphere in the ground

2) 7-0 v Airdrie Utd - Never seen the Jags so hungry for scoring goals , one big downer was that the ref cut the game short by at least 10 mins during which time we wouldve got another 2 possibly 3 at least.

3) 3-2 v Raith - Good fighting spirit shown by all the lads, end to end football , just need to get it all back again .

Forget the recent poor results !! This Thistle team has shown us they can play lovely football and with Jackie back in play we can look forward to picking up the points again, we neednt fear any team in this league and the Ramsdens Cup will round off a very good 2012/13 season.

Just BELIEVE !!!!

• Like 2

5-1 v Dunfermline-great performance and 2 contenders for goal of the season

5-4 V Queens Park brilliant game to be at even if we did go 4-3 down in the 89th minute

3-1 V Falkirk came out the traps flying and havent really looked back since

I'd go for these games as well.

I was really nearvous before Falkirk game - what could we do this season? I had two family members with a celtic persuasion with me and after about 8 minutes I was buzzing and they were very complimentary about the team.

Think its been good for some of the younger fans to feel the (relative) highs of this season as well - Queens in the cup and horsing Dunfermline are good things for them to witness, if only to see that we truely are the alternative to the old firm in the city.

This season has certainly been a welcome change from the last two (can we win back-to-back games - and it actually being a big thing if we do!) seasons.

Bummed by TONTROOPER.

I'd struggle to pick an away game I've enjoyed more than the QotS match over the past five years.

:lol: Not any of that DP. He's a grumpy auld git.

Ended up doing karaoke, twice, the Cathouse and ended up at some club night which went on to the wee small hours. All on top of a cracking day out in Dumfries. In fact I'm sure I was talking to you at the game, you sexy MF :D

#Goodtimes