League Reconstruction (Again....)

Jaggernaut

It's self greed. Eight teams getting more big games consistently, than six teams(which change from season to season) getting them.

The "meaningless games" only apply to the very bottom of the 8(in the top section) and the very top of the 8(in the bottom section). The rest have something to play for, dependant on relegation places.

There would be far more meaningless games. In the Austrian and Swiss leagues the 'playoff' league would start from 0 points. This means that a club playing a particularly good first 10 games in the 12 team second division probably only needs a few more points to ensure they stay in the top four come the split. Also, clubs that are pretty certain of finishing bottom of the top league might conserve their efforts for the second half of the season.

Then in the second half of the season clubs doing particularly well in the playoff league can take it easy with several games to go, as the aim is to finish top four, not to win it.

If teams looked at it as the opportunity to win trophies (trophies could be awarded for finishing top of each division pre and post split) it might be better, but everyone would be thinking about the league they play in next season.

I hate the 12-12, 8-8-8 thing and I reckon most SFL chairmen do too, but suspect they'll bite the bullet for now to enable the other changes to go through such as the fairer revenue sharing, changing the 11-1 voting structure and the move to one league body. In 3 or 4 years if the structure of the leagues as failed, as we suspect it will, they can re-visit it. I'm sure I already heard one of the SPL chairmen, maybe St Mirren, say this.

(Napoleon Green) “Clubs have been playing from the start of this season believing they’d be rewarded for success through promotion and that should remain the case. But of course I cannot represent my club at any of the meetings or have a say in league reconstruction so all I can do is hope the morally correct decisions will be made. All clubs, Rangers included, deserve that much at least.”

"Morally correct decisions" and "Rangers" in same paragraph shocker!

Hahaha I nearly fell off my high horse.

The club formerly known as 'Rangers' does not exist any longer. They are Dead. Kaput. Gone. Finito. Toast.

The diddy wee club now playing at the former home of the dead club is a new club, barely 200 days old.

They and their knuckledragging numbskulls of supporters (deadco and newco) can keep pretending and trying the age old adage of "if you say a lie enough, people will believe it in the end", but the rest of all decent football supporters must NEVER fall into this trap, and forever remind the media as well as those numbskulls of this.

This picture is an example of how Green is playing to the numbskull masses, and how we cannot allow them to say they are the same club, without challenging them and correcting them every single time.

_65498307_ibrox.jpg

The club formerly known as 'Rangers' does not exist any longer. They are Dead. Kaput. Gone. Finito. Toast.

The diddy wee club now playing at the former home of the dead club is a new club, barely 200 days old.

They and their knuckledragging numbskulls of supporters (deadco and newco) can keep pretending and trying the age old adage of "if you say a lie enough, people will believe it in the end", but the rest of all decent football supporters must NEVER fall into this trap, and forever remind the media as well as those numbskulls of this.

This picture is an example of how Green is playing to the numbskull masses, and how we cannot allow them to say they are the same club, without challenging them and correcting them every single time.

_65498307_ibrox.jpg

Hopefully that will be their crowds next season :P