Thump - What Was That Sound?

peagreenboy

Well, it was certainly fun while it lasted, but you cannot win leagues without being able to play away from home.

Yes, there are still big matches for everybody coming up - but our next games versus our nearest rivals are both away games.

Yes, we have two games in hand, but one of those is away, and there is certainly no guarantee we will win either.

Jackie was on the radio talking a lot of sense before the game, but does he have the nous to change things for the better?

Well, it was certainly fun while it lasted, but you cannot win leagues without being able to play away from home.

Yes, there are still big matches for everybody coming up - but our next games versus our nearest rivals are both away games.

Yes, we have two games in hand, but one of those is away, and there is certainly no guarantee we will win either.

Jackie was on the radio talking a lot of sense before the game, but does he have the nous to change things for the better?

usual mountain mole hill for the forum.

bad patch playing a team who have hit there good patch things will pick up

Wasnt at game today as I had to work but am afraid 1 point from 6 against the two worst teams in the league is atrocious. Away form, injuries, loss of form and constant sending offs are killing our season. No matter what anyone on here thinks about him but Martin Hardie could be the difference this season He is scoring really vital goals at vital times for Morton. Also dont discount Livi who are creeping up on us as well.We really need a victory and fast to resurrect this season. Worrying times indeed

• Members

We're trying to play away from home the same way we play at home. Major rethink from Jackie on how he approaches away games methinks. The likes of Ross Co and ICT in recent seasons have shown how to win this league, consistent at home, dull and stuffy but effective away.

• Like 1

played 5 drawn 3 lost two, over reaction :thumbsup2:

A surprisingly lackadaisical reaction.

We have played nine away games this season and managed to win two. We have ten away matches remaining this season. We will have to win more than two of them if we want to pass Morton - If you think that point of view is an over-reaction you'll have to give me some of your lithium!

We have two games in hand. Who thinks on current form we'll go to Cowdenbeath and get a result? That's optimism right there! That dump is always a nightmare to go to. And if Hamilton come to Firhill and don't park the bus once more I'll eat my feet.

Our next two games are at home, and really, six points are desperately required to keep everyone's chins up, and to stop the arse really falling out of our season. Doesn't matter what the other teams do - we have to get back to winning, and Jackie needs to make improvements.

played 5 drawn 3 lost two, over reaction :thumbsup2:

So you accept that zero victories in five 12 points dropped for a title chasing side is not a issue of concern?? Oh Dear!! You obviously think that the "Jolly Jags" are doing ok and the first division is where we are comfortable!! Thats exactly the way you are coming across!!

A surprisingly lackadaisical reaction.

We have played nine away games this season and managed to win two. We have ten away matches remaining this season. We will have to win more than two of them if we want to pass Morton - If you think that point of view is an over-reaction you'll have to give me some of your lithium!

We have two games in hand. Who thinks on current form we'll go to Cowdenbeath and get a result? That's optimism right there! That dump is always a nightmare to go to. And if Hamilton come to Firhill and don't park the bus once more I'll eat my feet.

Our next two games are at home, and really, six points are desperately required to keep everyone's chins up, and to stop the arse really falling out of our season. Doesn't matter what the other teams do - we have to get back to winning, and Jackie needs to make improvements.

sorry buts thats a no shit sherlock statment, dont you think Jackie wants that :frantic:

i want to win every game but am realistic enough to know this wont happen as i dont think that moton will keep up there run.

So you accept that zero victories in five 12 points dropped for a title chasing side is not a issue of concern?? Oh Dear!! You obviously think that the "Jolly Jags" are doing ok and the first division is where we are comfortable!! Thats exactly the way you are coming across!!

no i think that the other clubs will have similer issues at some point during the season and dont feel the need to wet myself with fear when we are going through a bad patch like some on this forum do :thumbsup2:

We have played nine away games this season and managed to win two. We have ten away matches remaining this season.

Can we have 19 home games as well as 19 away games?

Whoops, my mistake for misreading the results/fixtures page on the official site.

no i think that the other clubs will have similer issues at some point during the season and don't feel the need to wet myself with fear when we are going through a bad patch like some on this forum do :thumbsup2:

Please directly point out who is 'wetting themselves' or keep quiet. You're having a whale of a time claiming 'mountains out of molehills' and telling people 'no shit Sherlock', it must be great to be so cheery after getting beaten by the bottom team of the league.

Other teams will have similar problems - to quote yourself ... 'no shit Sherlock'. But as I said, doesn't matter what they do or don't. And if we're getting gubbed off the worst team in the league (regardless of how much they have improved recently), I reserve the right to be concerned about it. Don't know when pointing out the obvious became over-reacting.

We've had 2 points from 12. While that is poor form we haven't lost any significant ground.

We're just going through a sticky patch - every team does.

Here's an idea. Why don't we support the team, even when it's not going well, instead of criticising and moaning when they make mistakes?

• Like 2

Whoops, my mistake for misreading the results/fixtures page on the official site.

Please directly point out who is 'wetting themselves' or keep quiet. You're having a whale of a time claiming 'mountains out of molehills' and telling people 'no shit Sherlock', it must be great to be so cheery after getting beaten by the bottom team of the league.

Other teams will have similar problems - to quote yourself ... 'no shit Sherlock'. But as I said, doesn't matter what they do or don't. And if we're getting gubbed off the worst team in the league (regardless of how much they have improved recently), I reserve the right to be concerned about it. Don't know when pointing out the obvious became over-reacting.

whos happy, support the team or keep quiet as you like to say.

so you dont think all the woe is me stuff on here is wetting its self, bloody hell some people were coming out with stuff after the first loss.

you have fun and enjoy your moan

*edit to add*

what is going on with the team. how can a group of players go unbeaten for so long, lose there way like this, unforgivable.i dont want jackie standing on the side lines with his arms folded, i want him to act like martin o'neil, jumping around to show the players his anger at there performance.. after all the dropped points in the last half dozen games you would think they would have learned something about the way they play. but no. no control. no composure. no indication of improvment. so. whats going on jackie.the title is being thrown away. we should be out of site of the dirty fifers and the web feet mob. styarting to lose my confidence in the players and the manager.

i rest my case

Edited by jaggybunnet

We are crying out for a bully in our midfield, do we have one? Yes but he's out on ****** loan. Get Rowser back we need a box to box player, espnin away games when football sometimes needs to be ugly. We have no plan b. plan a is lovely to watch and I love it but sometimes we need to run over the top of teams.

As Jaggy Bunnet has said we are a good team and it does seem to just be form that is the issue.

However it is not 100% clear that the problem is form. It could be that our tactics have been 'found out' and everyone has learned how to play against us. The team need to show they are able to adapt the style of play and so far they haven't been able to. In desperation we have resorted to long-balls, which has been ineffective as the team has been built around possession and not winning second balls.

The season is far from over, but it is make or break as we risk falling further behind Morton. Then again, we could win both our games in hand. Whilst they're tough games they are certainly winnable.