Compensation

MWM

Fair to say that we have probably had more scouts/managers of other clubs/directors of other clubs at Firhill these past few months than in the past few seasons. i expect that they weren't just reporting back regarding individual players.

it's also inevitable in football that most managerial casualties start to occur towards the calendar year end. so, well done to this Board if they did indeed tie JM into an arrangement that brought some cash into the club.

That's the sort of sum I was thinking of Junior. It was was never mentioned that both Jackie and Sid had signed new contracts and if they had, we'd be due compensation for both of them in that case.

As said elsewhere Will, all fine and good getting compensation. The issue is whether or not it will be used to hire another manager.

As said elsewhere Will, all fine and good getting compensation. The issue is whether or not it will be used to hire another manager.

Would hope part of it, say 30 -50% would be put to one side for possible compensation etc but got a feeling this money will just be banked. We're trying to get out of debt and run break even. So this injection can really help counterbalance the warriors leaving.

Although crowds are so far much higher (3300) on average than last season and much higher than the 2200 we apparantly budget for the board shouldnt be too stingey.

Pressley had longer to run on his contract hence the supposed larger compensation payment. WOuldnt be surprised if the payment was a buyout of the years notice , so the cash would be whatever salary JM was on.

How would that then be an improved deal for the club as was mentioned when the new deal was signed? We'd have got that anyway with the rolling contract he was on.

Could it be the improved terms he was offered is the only extra we're getting? So in reality we aren't really getting anymore as we had to pa him more (I know he didn't see out the year on the new terms so we'll make out of it but if he had stayed longer technically we'd get the same amount as before the deal was signed).

Well he only signed the contract last month, didn't he? So say he was on £30k a year, for arguments sake, and we bumped it up to £45k or something (these figures could be way off), then I expect we'll receive something in the region of about £45k. We'll have made about £12k-£13k more than we would've because of the new contract, if my sums are right. Either way it's a pittance though.

So we are now told that Jackie and SID handed in their resignation letters at 3.45pm today. If they resigned, where does that leave us in terms of compensation?

I wonder if anyone at the press conference asked McNamara how he felt being picked simply because United didn't want to spend the money on Pressley? Cheap option cheap option, cheap option cheap option!

So we are now told that Jackie and SID handed in their resignation letters at 3.45pm today. If they resigned, where does that leave us in terms of compensation?

I don't think this will have any bearing on it to be honest.

I don' think this means that they've resigned as such, it just means that they've formally issued Thistle with notice their intent to leave for DUFC that the compensation has already been agreed for.

"Partick Thistle Football Club would like to announce that at 3.45pm today we received letters of resignation from Jackie McNamara and Simon Donnelly which triggered release clauses in their contracts."

think that bit means they will get comp as i assume its for a job with a SPL team/ :dancing: