Cf Draw

jags365

It's not life or death but when it's trumpeted from the rooftops how much more professional the CF will be than the lowly effort the JT were managing then you expect something special.

It's been a pish poor offering since and another example of how the egos that attempt to run our club think they're so much better yet always prove otherwise.

Edited by Vom Itorium

As a CF member, I can honestly say that I don't give a monkey's if the draw is a few days later than advertised. It's not exactly a life-or-death issue.

I dont often post often on here ref: the club/BOD but as a CF member I think its a farce that every single month theres seems to be a problem. Is it a surprise to someone that it happens once a month, every month...like clockwork?!

If I paid my membership 3 days late every month then Im sure i'd hear about it,

I just cant understand why its so hard to make a draw?!?! Can someone explain to me the complexities? Honestly...is it just me?

The draw's automated now... are they seriously saying that there was no one at the Club who could take 20 minutes to power up a computer, open up the Lotto program, run the draw, copy down the winners, double check it and punt it on the OS over the course of almost a week?

Granted, the office will be busier than during the season with season ticket requests, but come on... 20 minutes.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

fixed that for you. Who gives a hoot if the draw is a few days late each month? Are you really in it to make cash?

The fact that when the CF was formed the club said it would be run "profressionally." The fact that it isn't being run that way is a big let down, imo. Especially now that the draw is computerized the fact that it's a week late is pretty poor.

Who gives a hoot if the draw is a few days late each month?

Probably most people who are considering investing in it, but haven't done so as yet. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence, does it?

Are you really in it to make cash?

No, but the club is and they should display an appropriate level of professionalism

As has been pointed out, they stated in February that the draw would take place on or before the 15th of the month and have repeatedly failed to do so. Why make the statement in the first place if it cannot be honoured? Why not state it will be held on or before the 28th of the month, but aim to do it by the 15th? Why leave yourself open for criticism?

As has also been pointed out, if we were late with our contributions each month, I doubt whether the club would be very forgiving.

OK, I'm back from my lunch and maybe a full stomach has changed my perspective.

Taken in isolation, it's not important that the draw is a few days late some months.

Given that there are plenty of worse things going on at the club, the draw being late is but a triviality.

I'm not privy to the finer details of the club's finances and probably wouldn't be able to understand them fully if I was.

The CF draw is something that's very public and easy to understand. If something as simple as this can't be run in a professional manner, it raises my suspicions about the more complex issues.