How Big Is Tonight!

Lindau

For me today could be the day we threw away the league. Morton will have the much happier dressing room atm and they have all the momentum. Tuesday night and next weekend are huge for me. If we can pick up 6 points and morton drop some points at east end park then its still possible.

Its all very well saying all we need to do is win our games in hand but two of these are away games and , with the way we are playing away at the moment, id be surprised if we won any of them

Gutted tonight

Hugh Murray signifies everything that is wrong about Thistle this season. He's a total liability and most importantly, not good enough. Archie was wrong to play him today.

I would have started O'Donnell (instead of Murray) with Bannigan back in midfield.

3rd did he not get sent off at Forfar too, I make it 6 reds for us this season

And leaves us in danger of a league fine for indiscipline at the end of the seson. I doubted the wisdom of signing Murray at the start of this seson - a player of limited ability, a suspect temperament and slowing up rapidly. Could never see what the St Mirren fans saw in him - whatever it was it is long, long gone. At present he is a liability to us. When last did a Jags player pick up three red cards in one season?

• Like 1

And leaves us in danger of a league fine for indiscipline at the end of the seson. I doubted the wisdom of signing Murray at the start of this seson - a player of limited ability, a suspect temperament and slowing up rapidly. Could never see what the St Mirren fans saw in him - whatever it was it is long, long gone. At present he is a liability to us. When last did a Jags player pick up three red cards in one season?

Think we're about 26 yellows and 6 reds so far this season

Liability get him tae fug.

Anyhoo, before the game I woulda

Settled fora draw,

But after being two up?

Feal robbed!

All in all sort of happy?!?!

Thats how I feel. We are hanging in there, With all the disruption of managers etc, no games in 3 weeks, Morton with huge momentum, this was actually not a bad result. Being 2 up and losing is the gutting part. The other way round we would be having orgasms. Shuggie is disappointing. His head gets a bit hot. Still weve had a tough match under our belts, so ready for Accies, and with only Murray not available, I amm ver y confident. This will run right to the death. Dunfermline look out of it, they are collapsing.

Much more than Murray, it''s these grubby constrictive little pitches like Cappielow and Station Park that are our problem. We have a team that likes open spaces for playing but is destined to spend time in the footballing equivalent of trench warfare. A free kick close to the centre line in these places offers a goal-scoring opportunity if the ball is lofted into the penalty box. :wacko:

On the bright side, the re-established central defence did well, with Muirhead organising the line, and despite not playing the first-choice right back (O'Donnell) the defence looked pretty sound all round. If Sinclair is to be allowed to take free kicks, then he needs more practice at them between games. Surprisingly, Forbes wasn't too effective from a free kick either, for the same reason - putting the ball over the bar. That's usually due to tensing up on kicking the ball: SID used to do it all the time. The other interesting thought is that Morton couldn't score against us from open play. (Their first goal was from a lay-off following a free kick.) Their penalty was badly taken, though, and I thought (perhaps mistakenly) that Scott Fox might have saved it.

Would have settled for a point before the game but that was feckin hard to take. I dont like criticising players but Murray should never have played today. Just too much history between him and Morton and he is too easily wound up by them.To be honest a draw was probably a fair result and what an advert for Div 1 football. Crappielow was rawkin and a big hand to our travelling support. I reckon we must have had around 2000 fans there today. Things will be a bit more clearer, league wise, around 9.30 on the 26th February!!

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Would have settled for a point before the game but that was feckin hard to take. I dont like criticising players but Murray should never have played today. Just too much history between him and Morton and he is too easily wound up by them.To be honest a draw was probably a fair result and what an advert for Div 1 football. Crappielow was rawkin and a big hand to our travelling support. I reckon we must have had around 2000 fans there today. Things will be a bit more clearer, league wise, around 9.30 on the 26th February!!

1838 Thistle fans.

Did anyone else see moron fans coin throwing at Muirhead? Terrible behaviour!

What I can't believe is that the Greenock locals are throwing money away???

They do that every time they buy a ticket to watch their team! :happy3::tongue2::fan: (for the benefit of tonup9 the troll)

They do that every time they buy a ticket to watch their team! :happy3::tongue2::fan: (for the benefit of tonup9 the troll)

cheers m8,it was a great game today,we stole a point today.looking forward to going to the return match at the big ground up there.we play better on them grounds. tonup up and beyond. :evil: