Hugh Murray

erty13

Fukin moron. He's in the side as an 'old head' and he gets wound up by the Morton fans every time. Archie should just leave him out ongoing as his lack of discipline is shocking.

I hope we didn't have the choice of Hugh Murray or Martin hardie at the start of the season as Hardie, once again, changed and bossed the game when he came on. Proving to be the difference just now in my opinion

Edited by ifu03340
  • Like 1

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I'd like to think he won't play for us again.

This is the most experienced guy in out team on the pitch okay who was playing quite well. Archi has played him to lead in his absence yet for the second time in Greenock this season he gets dragged into a rivalry that has nothing to do with us. His behaviour is unacceptable.

Some of our young boys today were terrific. Muirhead, Conrad and the likes. They don't need idiots like Hugh.

P45. Jotters.

At times this season i have thought the criticism levelled at Murray has been a bit harsh but after today he's going to get all he deserves. If that was one of the younger players I would have been disappointed in them but for a seasoned pro, who Archie had obviously turned to today to steer the team through one of the biggest games in the clubs recent history it was outrageous for him to react the way he did and be sent off. Before his red card I would have probably been on here praising him for his performance but after that he's got to have used up his nine lives as far as his thistle career is concerned.

thankfully the red card did not cost us all 3 points. but his overall display was not good it has to be said. murrey seems to be blind in his right eye, not once in the game did he pass the ball out to the right, he seemed content to play safe and go back the way or give it out left to sinclair who along with welsh had a nightmare by the way. time for a wee rest for all of them.

thankfully the red card did not cost us all 3 points. but his overall display was not good it has to be said. murrey seems to be blind in his right eye, not once in the game did he pass the ball out to the right, he seemed content to play safe and go back the way or give it out left to sinclair who along with welsh had a nightmare by the way. time for a wee rest for all of them.

In the first half I thought Murray played as well as he has at any point this season, and I thought starting him was a mini-masterstroke from Archie. Murray is a limited player but he did what is expected of him: he broke up play, won the ball and moved it on. In the second half, however, the game largely passed him by, and the reaction which led to him being sent off was just the height of stupidity. He had won the free-kick, there was absolutely no need for him to react the way he did.

• Like 1

I'm not disagreeing with any of the Murray hating on this thread, but his red card came after their second goal didn't it? So it cost us 0 points for a change.

Radio review seemed to suggest that Murray may have been responsible for the penalty which played a part in perhaps costing us 3 points

Yes, he handballed for the penalty, though I haven't seen it. I wasn't saying he didn't cost us the points, but that his red card didn't cost us any points.

Yes, he handballed for the penalty, though I haven't seen it. I wasn't saying he didn't cost us the points, but that his red card didn't cost us any points.

It cost us the opportunity to try and secure 3 points. The minute he went off we were, even more, on the back foot and the best we could hope for was clinging onto a draw.

Did we not sign him for a year with the option of extending for a further year? How, who, or what kicks in the extension, I don't know

No - 2 year deal.

"It’s a warm Firhill welcome then to former St Mirren midfielder Hugh Murray who has agreed to join Thistle on a two year deal."

Just saw the penalty incident on you tube, what a complete idiot, no need for him to do that. It was difficult to see from the WDE but it's so clear. To follow up with his idiotic 2nd red card is even worse. Cost us 2 points again today. Ironic that he was playing well in the first hour or so. Hopefully he will be nowhere near the team again this season

Just saw the penalty incident on you tube, what a complete idiot, no need for him to do that. It was difficult to see from the WDE but it's so clear. To follow up with his idiotic 2nd red card is even worse. Cost us 2 points again today. Ironic that he was playing well in the first hour or so. Hopefully he will be nowhere near the team again this season

Link?