Mark Mc Guigan

Maestro

Just a wee thought looking at the last few games and see that Mark hasn't being involved in the squad but we've had defenders and midfielders being named as subs would it not be a good idea to keep him involved not only is he a stricker he has height and pace that could trouble defences

• Like 1

I'd like to see him get at least half an hour or so to see what he can do. Let's face it, neither Dools nor Craig is exactly scoring for fun right now.

100 % behind this comment !! give the big man a chance , from what ive seen this season we seem to be up against big heavy teams , so put the lad in ther to cause a bit of havoc !!
  • Like 1

Just a wee thought looking at the last few games and see that Mark hasn't being involved in the squad but we've had defenders and midfielders being named as subs would it not be a good idea to keep him involved not only is he a stricker he has height and pace that could trouble defences

He was on the bench for the Accies game but your point still stands.

I keep forgetting about him, which says something about me, about him, or both.

Our current formation has one out-and-out striker. Elliot (as 4th choice behind McGuigan) will rely on injuries and suspensions to even get a place on the bench. He was starting at Albion Rovers so another loan spell could help him, especially as he is out of contract in May.

On a recent visit to Cliftohiil the Vers fans I spoke too were very impressed with Guigsy and liked Christie as well. I feel division 2 is their level at the moment.

I hope they can prove me wrong in the run in. I guess for every Gerry Britton mkII you have a Barry Elliot ;)

On a recent visit to Cliftohiil the Vers fans I spoke too were very impressed with Guigsy and liked Christie as well. I feel division 2 is their level at the moment.

I hope they can prove me wrong in the run in. I guess for every Gerry Britton mkII you have a Barry Elliot ;)

Or even Billy Elliot? :shok:

• Like 1

Again looking to the future but Shankland scored another 2 for the Spiders last night. Only 18 and scored a fair whack for Queens Park - if Elliot and McGuigan have not impressed by the summer (I realise they need to be given a chance too) I would hope we would look at Shankland rather than renewing Elliots contract. But over to Christie to prove his worth first

Big McGuigan has been unlucky not to see more action since he came back from loan. Think he did come back to early from loan though, he would have benefited from finishing his time with Rovers.

We have not had a reserve game for a while and he will not be match fit. If Mark is to get his chance I think Archie will wait to till he has a few reserve games under his belt and that is going to be difficult at this time of the year.

He is suited to formation we play and should not have problems with the type of parks we are playing on at the time of the year.

The problem Archie has is Doolan may not be scoring just now but we all know how prolific he is and for the last few seasons has come good at this time of year. If you have McGuigan in front of Doolan then there is less chance of him coming back to his best.

If we don’t go up this season – then I believe Mark and Craigen will play a big part in next year’s team.

I agree that he may be short of game time but in terms of fitness he or any player should be as fit as they can be at this stage of the season especially training full time as I stated in my original post was that I feel that this lad with his height and pace could maybe give us a different dimension when games like the other night just weren't going for us.