Old Jags Photos

Jaggernaut

Didn't Lianne host a site with lots of old Thistle photos, which continued for some time after the demise of ptfc.net?

Anybody know what happened to it, or whether the photos were transferred to another site? I checked the truly wonderful "The Partick Thistle History Archive" (which gets better and better with new (old!) additions seemingly every other day), but they're not there.

Edited by Jaggernaut

I've got my old Imageshack account working again, if I can figure out how to link it I'll put up what pictures they haven't deleted. The photos I have of the Forfar promotion, last night of the Shed and others are in a box in the loft somewhere, I'll have to dig them out.

There's a photie i've never seen but saw taken, and should be in and would give up a baw to see.

Can't remember if it was the last night of the shed or another big game around that time, but it was taken from the pitch, halfway line, looking up at the shed by the groundsman of the time. Think his name was Davie? And pretty sure he travelled away on one old skool busses, Firhill Tavern, Maryhill or Summerston.

would love to see if i could pick myself out in the crowd.

There's a photie i've never seen but saw taken, and should be in and would give up a baw to see.

Can't remember if it was the last night of the shed or another big game around that time, but it was taken from the pitch, halfway line, looking up at the shed by the groundsman of the time. Think his name was Davie? And pretty sure he travelled away on one old skool busses, Firhill Tavern, Maryhill or Summerston.

would love to see if i could pick myself out in the crowd.

Davie Lyle, used to get on the Maryhill bus

See the terrace on the shed, was it just re concreted for the JHS, or is the current JHS incline different to how it was originally?

Just trying to picture it, in other words, is the concourse as it is now, effectively ground level of behind the old shed?

Most of the Shed was removed iirc. Bear in mind the standing level at the front of the Shed was a good 6 feet above pitch level

Edited by jaggy

Aye, that's the wall... But standing in the shed the wall was still high... So really, your feet weren't that high above pitch level... Maybe you were, I only spent 3 years "in the shed". Before that I stood up the back at the pie stall...

Would it be correct to say the hospitality seats are where the old pie stall was?

When were the floodlights built? I thought they were done at the same time as the Jackie Husband stand, but obviously not ...

Also, whose ground is featured in the photograph with the red blaze pitch in the foreground, and the 'Nobody Does It Better' signs on the roof?

Floodlights went up about 90/91. Best in Europe don't you know ;) We actually spent a bit of money on the ground at that time, what with the main stand getting tarted up and the building of the offices.

Also, whose ground is featured in the photograph with the red blaze pitch in the foreground, and the 'Nobody Does It Better' signs on the roof?

Kilbowie Park, Clydebank.

edit: think that's the infamous 1-7 game on the last day of the 90/91 season. In the photo looking across from the side terracing to behind the goal I'm the wee boy standing at the front corner with the navy blue trackie bottoms and the then current Watson Towers top on (I've seen that pic before).

Shame most of the links are broken but you can flick through by using prev and next.

Edited by Ancipital

Floodlights went up about 90/91. Best in Europe don't you know ;) We actually spent a bit of money on the ground at that time, what with the main stand getting tarted up and the building of the offices.

Yup, so good you could read the sponsors name on the jersey, from the stands was the claim.

Under soil heating went in at this time too.

• Members

Didn't Lianne host a site with lots of old Thistle photos, which continued for some time after the demise of ptfc.net?

Anybody know what happened to it, or whether the photos were transferred to another site? I checked the truly wonderful "The Partick Thistle History Archive" (which gets better and better with new (old!) additions seemingly every other day), but they're not there.

The hosting site went under without any warning and all the photos were lost. Lianne requested a few times to see if she could get access to the server to get the photos back but she was unable to get even a response. There was a slight hope at the time that someone would take the photohosting company over and the photos could be recovered, but nothing transpired. Really sad as there were lots of cracking photos mainly by Lawson Spiers (Tafkaro) and Jim Wilson (Clinically Depressed) who provided many photos for the ptfc.net site.

ETA. I've just gone on the old site WWW.fotopic.net and found that they've been allowing access to former account holders to access the old photos so I've emailed Lianne to ask her to look into recovering them. In the meantime, if Lawson or Jim spot this, perhaps you can get your photos back also?

Edited by Willjag

Think I had a couple in there Will, ones from a rangers game, nelson punching clear with the shed in the background... Tierney and hately jumping for a ball.

Again, contact NorthernSoul

I don't know how, but he seems to have a lot of dot net pics on his Facebook.

Maybe saved them to his desktop years ago.

• Members

To grab them all in one go would be preferable. The site says they were shutting it down again at the end of February just gone but users could pay to get their collections. If they're still there, the cost isn't prohibitive and I'm allowed, I'll grab them.

The hosting site went under without any warning and all the photos were lost. Lianne requested a few times to see if she could get access to the server to get the photos back but she was unable to get even a response. There was a slight hope at the time that someone would take the photohosting company over and the photos could be recovered, but nothing transpired. Really sad as there were lots of cracking photos mainly by Lawson Spiers (Tafkaro) and Jim Wilson (Clinically Depressed) who provided many photos for the ptfc.net site.

ETA. I've just gone on the old site WWW.fotopic.net and found that they've been allowing access to former account holders to access the old photos so I've emailed Lianne to ask her to look into recovering them. In the meantime, if Lawson or Jim spot this, perhaps you can get your photos back also?

That would be brilliant. What a pity it would be if all those photos were lost forever.

PS: I think there might even be one of the mad monks, which is why I started wondering where all the old photies were.