Old Jags Photos

Jaggernaut

• Members

That would be brilliant. What a pity it would be if all those photos were lost forever.

Good news. She managed to log in and recover them. She hopes to have enough space on her site to upload them back onto there at some point in the future, however it's likely to be a mamoth task so don't hold your breath!

Good news. She managed to log in and recover them. She hopes to have enough space on her site to upload them back onto there at some point in the future, however it's likely to be a mamoth task so don't hold your breath!

Great news! What we need is multiple sites that can host all this history, not just a single site that can crash and take everything with it into oblivion forever.

But I'm a computer Perth resident numpty: What can we do to ensure all those photos' web survival?

Edited by Jaggernaut

The hosting site went under without any warning and all the photos were lost. Lianne requested a few times to see if she could get access to the server to get the photos back but she was unable to get even a response. There was a slight hope at the time that someone would take the photohosting company over and the photos could be recovered, but nothing transpired. Really sad as there were lots of cracking photos mainly by Lawson Spiers (Tafkaro) and Jim Wilson (Clinically Depressed) who provided many photos for the ptfc.net site.

ETA. I've just gone on the old site WWW.fotopic.net and found that they've been allowing access to former account holders to access the old photos so I've emailed Lianne to ask her to look into recovering them. In the meantime, if Lawson or Jim spot this, perhaps you can get your photos back also?

Got your message about this, Will. Unfortunately my brain made me forget my user name and password. Still trying before the cut off deadline, because there are some major historical pics in there, and I believe the set from the much lauded at the time, "Kirkcaldygate" are in there as well.

Got your message about this, Will. Unfortunately my brain made me forget my user name and password. Still trying before the cut off deadline, because there are some major historical pics in there, and I believe the set from the much lauded at the time, "Kirkcaldygate" are in there as well.

Fingers crossed mate. You must have enough to fill a book or three :D

• Members

No problem Jim. Good luck, hope you recover them.

Fingers crossed mate. You must have enough to fill a book or three :D

Funnily enough, Jagfox, a couple of people have approached me about a photo book. May be doing a non-sports one in the Summer, which could be a major project. Was over Glasgow in a helicopter last week and got some good pictures. Firhill looks even better from the air. (Mind you, I made George Square look good -which proves the camera is a total liar after all! :innocent2:;)

No problem Jim. Good luck, hope you recover them.

Gonna keep trying, Will. Again, thanks for the heads up about the possibility of getting them back.

• Members

I've got my old Imageshack account working again, if I can figure out how to link it I'll put up what pictures they haven't deleted. The photos I have of the Forfar promotion, last night of the Shed and others are in a box in the loft somewhere, I'll have to dig them out.

When Lianne rescued her photos from the Fotopix site ETC, some of the photos there were credited to you, including photos of those two games! Lianne has been unable to upload them to her site yet, however she has set up a temporary accout and posted them HERE. And yes Jaggernaut, the Monks photo is there!