When We Get Promoted Are There Any Players You Would Take From Div 1 Teams

Steve

Erskine is not good enough for the Championship or even League One. Celtic is the only SPL club that could survive in the Championship. League One clubs can pay more than most SPL clubs.

Remember that Stuart McCall and Terry Butcher were sacked by Bradford and Brentford respectively when they were in League Two. Butcher won only 5 games out of 23. McCall won about a third of his games in charge. Now they are managing the 2nd and 3rd clubs in the SPL! That puts the SPL and our standard in perspective.

We need to be realistic about the standard of the Scottish leagues and the players' values.

Without quoting facts and figures can you tell me why Erskine isn't good enough for League One? With what particular aspects of his game does he fail to measure up?

re original post Stephen Hendrie at Hamilton is rated. Haven't seen much in his performances to confirm but that's often the case with youngsters.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Lyle Taylor struggled to score for Woking and Hereford in the Conference. If he could step up to the SPL then it's standard is is even lower.

I think he is a much improved player - there are a few championship teams looking at him.

I will be stunned if he does not win player of the year.

Without quoting facts and figures can you tell me why is Erskine isn't good enough for League One? With what particular aspects of his game does he fail to measure up?

Totally agree with this point - Lucas Aikens has scored 10 goals in League 1 this season and even Mark McChrystal cut it at Tranmere for a while. Ricardo Vaz Te (the Hibs reject) is now an established Premiership player! Big Chris could cut it down south - he has already made the step up from junior to 1st Div.

All in, don't really see the relevance of comparing clubs in different leagues - English football is only better because that's where the cash is. Clubs like Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd are traditionally bigger sides than the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Swansea, Reading etc.

One player I would like to see us sign is Lawrence Shankland from Queens Park and loan him back for a season the way we did with Cairney. Looks a real talent.

Totally agree with this point - Lucas Aikens has scored 10 goals in League 1 this season and even Mark McChrystal cut it at Tranmere for a while. Ricardo Vaz Te (the Hibs reject) is now an established Premiership player! Big Chris could cut it down south - he has already made the step up from junior to 1st Div.

All in, don't really see the relevance of comparing clubs in different leagues - English football is only better because that's where the cash is. Clubs like Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd are traditionally bigger sides than the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Swansea, Reading etc.

One player I would like to see us sign is Lawrence Shankland from Queens Park and loan him back for a season the way we did with Cairney. Looks a real talent.

Yep Ive been saing this for the last year :thumbsup2:

Wee Ali Crawford from accies has impressed me hugely any time I've seen him (6 or 7 times)

He is the guy who scored the screamer against us in the Friday night game last season...

Very very skilfully and plays the game the right way which unfortunately for him when u include the fact he ain't a giant monster means he doesn't fit in with reid's style of play....

Would suit us and our style down to a tee... Smashing player

• Like 1

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Brian Graham please.

Also, not read the whole thread, but the young Hamilton chap who hit the post first minute against us - Ziggy Gordon. A player with a big future.

Erskine is not good enough for the Championship or even League One. Celtic is the only SPL club that could survive in the Championship. League One clubs can pay more than most SPL clubs.

Remember that Stuart McCall and Terry Butcher were sacked by Bradford and Brentford respectively when they were in League Two. Butcher won only 5 games out of 23. McCall won about a third of his games in charge. Now they are managing the 2nd and 3rd clubs in the SPL! That puts the SPL and our standard in perspective.

We need to be realistic about the standard of the Scottish leagues and the players' values.

This is a ridiculous point. How did Paul Lambert get on at Livi? How did he do in League One and the Championship?