Board Of Directors

clarencegarter

Only director that drew a salary was Eddie prentice and before that Alan Dick. Cant see anything in the accounts. If anything it costs them as I think they have to make a payment fo £10k in either cash or via sponsorship or hospitality to remain a director (whichever is all fine by me as long as they are all paying something into the club)

Only director that drew a salary was Eddie prentice and before that Alan Dick. Cant see anything in the accounts. If anything it costs them as I think they have to make a payment fo £10k in either cash or via sponsorship or hospitality to remain a director (whichever is all fine by me as long as they are all paying something into the club)

Is that still the case? I thought it was a device to get rid of the inconvenient a couple of seasons ago. :thinking: There you go. You learn something every day.

Is that still the case? I thought it was a device to get rid of the inconvenient a couple of seasons ago. :thinking: There you go. You learn something every day.

Don't take it as Gospel, but I thought the £10k was the initial figure suggested, but that £5k was settled on? Either way I'm fairly certain it's still in place (the Jags Trust excepted in light of the 1876 merger).

As far as I know its still the case. There isnt enough of a breakdown of figures in the accounts to confirm it but maybe thats one for the JT to ask ? Just a simple "Do the directors still pay a yearly fee ?" with a Yes/No answer will do

Do the directors get free travel to away games? Do the directors pay to get into away matches? Do the directors buy a season ticket?

Quick calculation but I go to most matches and it costs me roughly £850-£900 for away travel and entry plus season ticket.

Don't think any directors pay to get into any other ground as they're usually 'invited'?

• Members

I could be entirely wrong here but, I was under the impression that the Directors paid a 'fee' and for that ''fee' they were entitled to 4 seats at hospitality per game. That way the Club has a guaranteed amount of hospitality for the season and hopefully make some extra cash at the bar, draws etc!

Two or three years ago, one Director told me they paid £7500/year for this. I'd be surprised if the fee has dropped to £5k now, Indeed when the Trust was asked to pay the Directors fee a couple of years back, I'm reasonably sure the price was either £10k or £12.5k. Allan Heron would probably be able to confirm this.

I could be entirely wrong here but, I was under the impression that the Directors paid a 'fee' and for that ''fee' they were entitled to 4 seats at hospitality per game. That way the Club has a guaranteed amount of hospitality for the season and hopefully make some extra cash at the bar, draws etc!

Two or three years ago, one Director told me they paid £7500/year for this. I'd be surprised if the fee has dropped to £5k now, Indeed when the Trust was asked to pay the Directors fee a couple of years back, I'm reasonably sure the price was either £10k or £12.5k. Allan Heron would probably be able to confirm this.

When this issue came up originally the sum being quoted was £15,000. After discussion, this was reduced to £5,000 which at that time coincided with the amount we were planning to pay to the club to fund the prizes for the 1876 Club.

Subsequently, it was agreed that the Trust would not be subject any fee as part of the agreement to migrate to the Centenary Fund although it would still apply for other directors.

The club have also previously confirmed that the Directors are able to make this contribution in kind as well (e.g. by buying hospitality). It certainly doesn't appear as a seperate items in the accounts and will be "lost" in the general income analysis.

I also think McKennan's suggested analysis of the situation is pretty accurate as well. Just another sign of the general dysfunction that operates at board level imo.

When this issue came up originally the sum being quoted was £15,000. After discussion, this was reduced to £5,000 which at that time coincided with the amount we were planning to pay to the club to fund the prizes for the 1876 Club.

Subsequently, it was agreed that the Trust would not be subject any fee as part of the agreement to migrate to the Centenary Fund although it would still apply for other directors.

The club have also previously confirmed that the Directors are able to make this contribution in kind as well (e.g. by buying hospitality). It certainly doesn't appear as a seperate items in the accounts and will be "lost" in the general income analysis.

I also think McKennan's suggested analysis of the situation is pretty accurate as well. Just another sign of the general dysfunction that operates at board level imo.

I vaguely remember - and I'll be corrected if I'm wrong - that the fee was specially reduced for the trust as it was too difficult to raise £15,000, and that payment in kind was only allowed at first for the trust, but then as it involved a change in constitution, the Directors were also able to do this.

Since the migration to the Centenary Fund I don't see why these changes haven't been reversed (or at least partially reversed) as the trust are no longer required to make the payments.

Allan, would I be right in thinking then, that the Trust has the option to take up seats at hospitality with no added cost as a result of these agreements? I'm sure it has come up on here or the previous forum before, but who uses these seats, if anyone? If these seats haven't been used, is there any plans for the coming season?

Allan, would I be right in thinking then, that the Trust has the option to take up seats at hospitality with no added cost as a result of these agreements? I'm sure it has come up on here or the previous forum before, but who uses these seats, if anyone? If these seats haven't been used, is there any plans for the coming season?

We have a certain number of Hospitality tickets to use (I can't remember the exact figure) over the course of each season allocated to us as part of the 1876 merger. Last season we used these mostly as prizes at Trust events such as the Meet the Manager, Race Night and Quiz Nights.

I vaguely remember - and I'll be corrected if I'm wrong - that the fee was specially reduced for the trust as it was too difficult to raise £15,000, and that payment in kind was only allowed at first for the trust, but then as it involved a change in constitution, the Directors were also able to do this.

Since the migration to the Centenary Fund I don't see why these changes haven't been reversed (or at least partially reversed) as the trust are no longer required to make the payments.

We had no intention of paying the £15,000 - the £5,000 was a convenient way of allowing the club to have this apply equally to all directors but effectively meaning that it was covered by an amount we were going to spend anyway. Prior to this, the directors were able to make the payments in the same way so covering the payment by purchase of hospitality or suchlike was already allowed.

None of this is any requirement covered by any rules or regulations, it is merely something agreed by the Club Board so there are no regulatory or constitutional issues to deal with.

Edited by Allan Heron

We have a certain number of Hospitality tickets to use (I can't remember the exact figure) over the course of each season allocated to us as part of the 1876 merger. Last season we used these mostly as prizes at Trust events such as the Meet the Manager, Race Night and Quiz Nights.