Never Turned Up!

Metzmagic

Its all about context, in itself there is nothing inherently racist about the St Georges flag or any other flag for that matter, however in the context of Scottish football we all know that this flag will be associated with the followers of a team from Govan and all the bile and baggage they carry with them.

I'd associate the red hand of Ulster or the Union flag more with The Rangers FC than the cross of St. George.

Really bad day at the office on sunday and i am completly blaming archie, up untill the raith game he had got more or less everything right for me from getting james craigen going to even the timing and use of his subs. but in the last two matches it has been evident that the boys have been told to hit the long ball which to me seems absolutley ridiculous when for the whole of this season we have been a quick passing football playing side, we also have quite a small strike force and i think on sunday guys like erskine and lawless got a bit of a raw deal they are both smashing players and both look for the ball all the time but they need it on the deck remember these two have got almost 30 goals between them this season and i dont think any of them have come from the end of a thump up the pitch, also the team have become a bit more static lawless and erskine normaly switch flanks a couple of times in each half i ve not seen that happen in the last wee while. The worst player for me on sunday had to be odonnell someone wrote in an earlier post about him being a confidence player which i think is spot on i was sitting really close to his side of the pitch and after 10 mins he was killing us it was one mistake after another and he couldnt find his man six yards away. archie used the same long ball tactic for the whole game aswell even though it wasnt working which is what worries me the most because there are more footballers in the team than hoofers.I know the players, archie and the rest of the staff will be hurting probably more than any of us and its crunch time now with the league so lets get right behind them instead of putting the boot in and remember they played crap and still took penalties to beat them and they are a lottery they have also just played five games in sixteen days which is a bit gruelling for anybody much like this rant i m hivin the noo. Anyway cmon the jags, roll on wednesday and lets get it right roon these moron w''''s.

No. They were clearly told to move the ball around and hope for gaps in the Queens´ defence but obviously they didn´t find those gaps and when that happens, football players tend to do which is easier, thumping the ball forward.

In my opinion, tempo should have been upped as the speed of play was really slow and rival players were finding it easy to close us up. I would have gone for a B plan, which is diagonal long balls trying to get behind their defenders, for that we´d need people on the flanks which we hadn´t as football these days is less played on the wings and more on the centre. Thistle is no exception to this. Also, having watched Erkshine against Dunfermline in November, he was a dissapointment last Sunday.

Clearly Archie had Wednesday´s game in mind, Doolan & Forbes were not from the start and with them on the park, Thistle had their best chances. Forbes a couple of times beat one man and did spread the ball to one side, giving us the chance to shoot on goal. Doolan got away from his centre-back and created a goalscoring chance for himself, something Craigen failed to do even once.

I hope they start tomorrow and if they perform, Thistle will have a great chance to win.

Come on people, remember that Thistle are still to lose one game in the last dozen or so, last two have been draws and fans here speak as if we had lost such is the kind of expected performance from the team.

First time I've had a chance to post on this since the game. I'll be ignoring this flag nonsense...

I'm not too sure if I've ever felt so gutted as I did at the end of the game on Sunday. To lose like that was horrible. So emotionally draining and I think I even felt a few wee tears running down my cheeks. However, since watching most of it again (I still cannot watch that Balatoni penalty), I don't feel as bad. Queens neutralised us perfectly and we didn't improve on the Raith performance which was by far and away our worst under Archie, and maybe Jackie as well.

Fans were brilliant from the start. Pitch invasion was fairly unnecessary but fairly amusing at the same time. I think I would've paid my share of the club's fine had one of them went for their keeper who is a wee rat (more abuse at him later).

Game in general never really got going until extra time. They seemed to capitalise on our full-backs apparent lack of confidence to get forward. Very concerned about O'Donnell who has not looked remotely like the player he was before injury. Pass marks to Foxy for making some solid, and two stunning, saves, Balatoni and Welsh.

I thought Archie would go 4-4-2 early second half to try and piece together the seemingly massive gap between our midfield and Craig and I thought having both him and Dools up top may have worked with Erskine dropping a bit deeper and putting Craigen on the other side who was by this point running around lost in the centre of midfield like a headless chicken. Elliott, although showing signs of decency just is not good enough, I'm afraid. His talents are limited and at the end of the season, regardless of our division, we should be thanking him for his services and wishing him luck.

Extra time I thought we looked a bit brighter, their goal was a bit of a fluke I thought but reasonably deserved as we switched off. For all the people saying that Forbes should have been brought on sooner - who genuinely expected him to come on and play like that? Forbes' work rate is appauling at the best of times but a spell on the bench seems to have kicked him up the arse and he changed the game. My view on the Muirhead sending off is that 99% of people would've done the same thing. He just needs to take his lengthy ban and learn from it. The three QOS defenders who ran straight to him to gloat deserve fines or bans as well though, disgusting behaviour.

The feeling I got when Dools scored was just unreal, the atmosphere was incredible and it was then that I actually believed we could do it. Penalties was just a shambles though. Crawford Allan is a bottler and there was no way he was sending their keeper off during that shoot-out. Allan didn't have a clue what to do if he did so just kept threatening him and their keeper was more than happy to keep going in the knowledge that he would have no chance of being ordered off by the wee gimp. Total lack of class though and its unfortunate that ***** like that get to be the heroes but such is life. Players just need to pick themselves up for Wednesday and show that manky mob from Greenock who are the real deserved league winners.

• Like 1

I've got to say that whilst the thistle performance and outcome was poor it was still a fantastic day to be a thistle fan! Standing in the north stand with my pregnant wife and experiencing the jubilation of that goal and the awesome support throughout the entire 120 minutes was amazing!

And even tho he is not due till August my baby experienced it all too (apparently from 26 weeks they can hear everything!) And hopefully won't be in his mid thirties until he experiences another jags cup final!!

So wish I could be at firhill for tomorrow nights game too-can only imagine what the atmosphere will be like!

(-:

i totally understand why the police watched the thistle end at the end of the penalties.

However they did not see all the QoS fans who had taken their tops off and run onto the pitch. I was shouting and pointing

"Police! look behind you!"

as the poor stewards struggled to keep the fans away from us.

nice work

Christ not been on since Sunday.....it really astounds me how many mamby pamby fans we appear to have...fans went on the pitch..good on them...added to the occassion..casuals at the game deary me..what next someone having a fly fag up the back!

Thistle were pish..i nearly missed the bus home..cant remember leaving the star and my hangover has only just faded.

If we lose tonight i will cry and ask fredthecheesecloth if i can hold his hand....AGAIN

Gino, there have been many Thistle players who early in their Thistle careers have been written off as no good and then have become almost irreplaceable. Examples of this are Boyle, Hardie, Paton and even Erskine. Elliot is young, he has got something in his locker and I think it is down to the coaching staff to develop it. You maybe proved correct, but I think we should persevere with him.

Gino, there have been many Thistle players who early in their Thistle careers have been written off as no good and then have become almost irreplaceable. Examples of this are Boyle, Hardie, Paton and even Erskine. Elliot is young, he has got something in his locker and I think it is down to the coaching staff to develop it. You maybe proved correct, but I think we should persevere with him.

Archie thought Elliott did well when he came on in the Ramsdens final, adding energy. I'd go along with that. He proved a handful again last night when he came on near the end, and with a bit more luck could have opened them right up.