Never Turned Up!

Metzmagic

When was the last time we played that badly? Didn't deserve to draw let alone win. Never a penalty. We embarrassed ourselves on the pitch with that fighting, and our fans embarrassed themselves by invading the pitch. Fair play to Queens, but that was a shocking game. The real winner was Morton. At least getting out of Livingston was quick.

Edited by peagreenboy
  • Like 1

Never expected such a bad performance, only Muirhead (until his moment of madness) and Balatoni played well, Fox should have done better at the goal, fullbacks were awful, midfield non existent until Forbes came on, Craig did nothing, Lawless and Erskine worst performances of the season. Wednesday cannot come soon enough, players should be angry with themselves. Dowie and McMillan must start as well as Forbes, we need his quality on the ball.

Never expected such a bad performance, only Muirhead (until his moment of madness) and Balatoni played well, Fox should have done better at the goal, fullbacks were awful, midfield non existent until Forbes came on, Craig did nothing, Lawless and Erskine worst performances of the season. Wednesday cannot come soon enough, players should be angry with themselves. Dowie and McMillan must start as well as Forbes, we need his quality on the ball.

Get Hugh "red card" Murray on , he's just what you need , lol.

Edited by the man

Agree with all of that. Conditions were not perfect but same for both teams. Some abysmal performances- where was Erskine? Craig never got a kick. O'Donnell had a shocker. Our penalty was a joke! And as for Muirhead's madness..... well !! (Third red card of the season- some players never reach that total in their whole career.) A massive effort now required on Wednesday.

I was hoping the performance against raith on Tuesday night was just a bad day at the office but now I'm not so sure. I thought we looked tired today but its no excuse.Not sure how the team will react to today's defeat. It'll either fire them up or do the opposite. The only thing I can say with certainty is that they Greenock scumbags will be right up for Wednesday and another dis-jointed display like the last two games will not go unpunished.

This is where Archie will earn his stripes....it's do or die time!!

Edited by lewcal
  • Like 1

I was hoping the performance against raith on Tuesday night was just a bad day at the office but now I'm not so sure. I thought we looked tired today but its no excuse.Not sure how the team will react to today's defeat. It'll either fire them up or do the opposite. The only thing I can say with certainty is that they Greenock scumbags will be right up for Wednesday and another dis-jointed display like the last two games will not go unpunished.

This is where Archie will earn his stripes....it's do or die time!!

We're always up for playing you luvvies . . . . . . . your our little points fairy :tongue2:

As I predicted beforehand on here, the midfield was far too lightweight. I just don't see it in Sean Welsh, he is incredibly wasteful with the ball and Craigen just seems to run about like a headless chicken with no direction. Same midfield on Wednesday and Morton will run all over us. Its also no coincidence the wingers were utterly anonymous as nobody was winning tackles and doing the neccessary dirty work to allow them to play.The fullbacks were also woeful and no idea why Craig was suddenly starting again. O'Donnell needs benched, hes done absolutely nothing since returning from injury, and was at fault for the goal. Bring in Dowie and McMillan. Get Craig back to the bench as well. Big test of Archie's character to see if he has the balls to bench players who have been here all season in favour of two guys who have just showed up. We need to be more streetwise and not allow anymore shite to result to in red cards and the like, being such a young team is a problem in that sort of area.

Oh by the way I'm surprised Fox even saved one penalty.

Edited by MWM
  • Like 2

aye absolute hopeless, anyone watching that would have thought we were the 2nd div team. looks like fox thought the ball was going over the bar then was too late to react. forbes played well when he came on, elliott was a bit better than lawless. I can't see anything other than Morton beating us by 2 or 3 goals, we've completely ran out of steam, ideas, creativity, o donnell looked like he had been out on the piss last night, why he took the first pen I'll never know. apart from balatoni muirhead firbes n doolan everyone was sh1te. what can you do with pens, their keeper saved 3 and scored 1, our keeper saved 1 and 3 players missed. pish man. disappointed more than gutted to be honest. i think dowie will start against morton at cb and mcmillan at rb, we need to be as solid as possible.

Edited by jags on tour
  • Like 1

We'll see on Wednesday. Pride comes before a fall as we found out today. Maybe Wed will be your turn?

Im not proud , just happy.

Perfect result for us today before Wed, i was delighted with the fact that it went all the way , the result was a bonus!

We looked as if our minds were on Wed when we played Airdrie on Sat, didnt really get out of second gear and still shafted them, they really are an awfull side.

We have injury worries in defence , but then again our defence is always a worry !

Wed will be some game, an early goal for us and your dead , Mon e Peaso, easily the best striker in this division & flying atm !

Absolutely dire and Queens deserved the victory. We looked like a team that was running on empty and we only came to life after they scored. Fox played well and Forbes was outstanding when he came on and Dools played well as did the two centre backs. The rest were anonymous. O'Donnell was awful and Sinclair was blowing out his ass after about 65 minutes. Still cant fathom out why a striker that is on fire was benched for this game. Archies first big error in management?? Although Muirhead was stupid the provocation that he faced from the two Queens was unacceptable and I would probably have reacted exactly the same way

Archie faces a massive task to lift the team for Wednesday and it might not be a bad idea to throw the two new plkayers and Dools and Ross straight into the line up.

Fans were magnificent today other than the fuds that ran on to the pitch after Dools goal. I am away tae bed!!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 2

Am i the only one that thinks elliot is absolutely useless?

Il second you on that one.

Poor performance all round. Qos didnt give us a minute on the ball right enough. Thought we looked better and created more once forbes came on - get him in the team for wednesday.

Oh aye and there keeper is a total disgrace - ref too for not even booking him!

• Like 1

Dreadful game & performance - endlessly punting the ball for Queens' central defenders to head clear, failing to move the ball quickly enough and repeatedly passing behind the man. Lawless couldn't keep his feet, Erskine was fairly anonymous and Welsh uncertain. I'm not a huge fan of Balatoni but I thought he was our best player...only Fox and maybe Bannigan played to form. We were crying out for someone to hold the ball and make passes...and take a decent corner - Forbes should have been on about 30 minutes earlier.

Queens were not as good a side as I expected but deserved to win...they seemed to have three men on O'Donnell and Sinclair every time they got the ball and choked off our attacks - first shot at goal was after about 87 minutes. The last five minutes of extra time were a bit exciting though.

I'm far more disappointed about how poorly we played than that we didn't win...such a shame that so many Jags fans came to watch the team's worst performance of the season by a very considerable distance.

Our support was fantastic throughout particularly when we had so little to cheer - although the mini pitch invasion was a bit stupid. "We're Partick Thistle...we score when we want" for our last second equaliser was brilliant.

• Like 1

team for Morton

Fox

Odonnell dowie balatoni McMillan

Craigen Forbes brannigan welsh erskine

Doolan

Sinclair not required as a lot of moves are ended with his poor cross. Has lost confidence and is no longer going bye his man especially last 2 games

Lawless has struggled against Morton physical approach this season plus he will be marked out of game on wed

Forbes will be a good addition as midfield has lacked penetration through the middle if of the park last 2 games

Craig shocking today, and Against raitg. Against better teams he isn't up to the role of lone stricker. He is constantly fouling or caught offside

Absolutely no threat from corner kicks today. I hoped those days where finally over. Just one good free kick as well. We have to do better than that if we want to win the league!

I don't get to watch many Thistle games, so I cannot really say who played shite today. But I can say that Fox made some good saves. I can also say that Doolan threatened the QoS goal more than any other player when he came on. Should've started the game, imo.

The penalty: It was a clear foul, but it was clearly outside the penalty box! Absolute joke. Muirhead should sit on the bench for the rest of the season for his red card. What was he thinking!?

Pitch invasion: Well, that's what can happen when your team scores a goal in the final seconds of a game. I can understand that. No big deal.

Penalty shootout: Almost all of the QoS players had good penalties. Only the last two shot in the middle of the goal. Our penalties wheren't that bad either, except for the ones that got saved...

Overall: Deserved win for QoS, congrats to them!

Dreadful game & performance - endlessly punting the ball for Queens' central defenders to head clear, failing to move the ball quickly enough and repeatedly passing behind the man. Lawless couldn't keep his feet, Erskine was fairly anonymous and Welsh uncertain. I'm not a huge fan of Balatoni but I thought he was our best player...only Fox and maybe Bannigan played to form. We were crying out for someone to hold the ball and make passes...and take a decent corner - Forbes should have been on about 30 minutes earlier.

Queens were not as good a side as I expected but deserved to win...they seemed to have three men on O'Donnell and Sinclair every time they got the ball and choked off our attacks - first shot at goal was after about 87 minutes. The last five minutes of extra time were a bit exciting though.

I'm far more disappointed about how poorly we played than that we didn't win...such a shame that so many Jags fans came to watch the team's worst performance of the season by a very considerable distance.

Our support was fantastic throughout particularly when we had so little to cheer - although the mini pitch invasion was a bit stupid. "We're Partick Thistle...we score when we want" for our last second equaliser was brilliant.

Agree with this. Tactically we got it wrong today playing a long ball game. We failed to play our passing game until the last 5 mins, we looked static and too many of the players had an off day.

Hopefully we will see a positive reaction and a better team performance on Weds.