Never Turned Up!

Metzmagic

Total ****** let down. No threat whatsoever, until Doolan and Forbes came on, both must start Wed night.

O'Donnell looks woefully short on confidence, hasn't kicked a ball since his Scotland call-up. If Jordan McMillan is a player at all, O'Donnell's position must be under threat. Sinclair too flatters to deceive often.

Centre halfs were solid, muirheada sending off, what can u say? Clown.

Midfield is crying out for Paton in wed.

Really disappointed and peeved off, winnable game for a trophy, and we bottled it.

Archie got a huge task to get them ready for wed.

Im not proud , just happy.

Perfect result for us today before Wed, i was delighted with the fact that it went all the way , the result was a bonus!

We looked as if our minds were on Wed when we played Airdrie on Sat, didnt really get out of second gear and still shafted them, they really are an awfull side.

We have injury worries in defence , but then again our defence is always a worry !

Wed will be some game, an early goal for us and your dead , Mon e Peaso, easily the best striker in this division & flying atm !

You can tell when someone's a thick c*nt when they can't differentiate between 'your' and 'you're'.

Having watched the game again on fast forward back at home (because that was such a poor, poor match no-one's going to sit through the whole of it twice), there was not a lot of glory showered on anyone.

Queen of the South were rubbish, and we somehow conspired to be even worse. It was like being back in the Second Division.

The gamesmanship their goalkeeper displayed was pathetic - and neither he nor the manager could keep a straight face during the after-match interviews.

Muirhead was an idiot for reacting, but those Queens players screaming directly into his face didn't really show much class.

It will really be something special, if we don't get steamrollered by Morton, much less pull off a good result.

I'd say it shows how much passion we've got.

Ah give it a rest, petal. Nobody was hurt, it was heat of the moment, sheer joy and a goal we never expected in a big game. Tuck your ***** back in and pop back off to your byres road wine bar to finish your corona.

I'm sorry, but invading the pitch because we got a last minute equaliser against a Second Division team in the Challenge Cup is not a sign of passion, it's the sign of neddy erseholes. If/when the club get fined for that I hope everyone who thought that was a good idea stays proud of themselves. It was idiotic behaviour by idiots - and since when was being a Thistle fan about being an idiot?

And to come onto the forum and start insulting people like you have been, is pathetic and childish. Stop it. Or don't, I don't care - you've adequately shown how worthless your opinions are, and it's off to ignoreland with you. Enjoy your 'passion' and stay the f*ck away from me at games.

And does anyone know why we had an England/Spurs/RAF flag in our end?

It's really perfect Thistle. 42 years ago we should have been hammered and pulled off an amazing victory. Today we should have gone out to put on a great show, and pulled off an embarrassment in every single department.

Edited by peagreenboy
  • Like 1

Stupid thing to do, but good grief what a monumental prick that Higgins is.

First time ive seen this, if Higgins is a (see above :shok: ) what does that make your guy ? What an absolutley mental reaction, i hope he gets hammered by the club & the beaks, smirking away to himself as he walks off as well, what a bell end. No doubt he'll be in the papers tomorrow spouting out apologies about letting people down !

Muirhead sending off :- sometimes you see an individual player being surrounded by a posse of the opposition after a bad tackle or a perceived dive but for missing a penalty and doing nothing else, that was severe in-his-face provocation by Higgins and another plus a third player joining in behind Muirhead. Higgins instigated the incident and should at least have been booked.

Not the best of days. If we had passed the ball anywhere near what we have done all season then we would have won. Even though the league is more important, still gutted that we lost. Fox played really well, which sums up what we were like. I thought queens were average which shows how bad we were. Forbes should have been on the park much earlier. He made a big difference. Our discipline had been very bad this season. Muirhead should have ignored the queens players but i suppose it is hard to do that in the heat of the moment. Im sure he will learn for this. Chris higgins was a disgrace. If our captain did that i would be ashamed. Ref should have sent the queens goalkeeper off but he didnt have the guts. Great support today. Todays result is hard to take but its not the end of the world. We are in a great position in the league and im sure we can get back on track on wednesday.

I'm probably not in the most placid of moods tonight but I could do without the forum invasion by the "passionate" = barely articulate daftie Thistle fan and the Morton idiot - how old is he? He's the equivalent of an 7 year old boy who thinks making farting noises is funny.

Two more that merit a thoroughly deserved head-butt.

Some big decisions Archie on Wednesday.

I think the team needs freshening up as much as we can given the numbers available. With McMillan and Dowie available I think they both need to play. Dowie in for Muirhead and McMillan in for O'Donnell who just hasn't performed since his injury. Both these guys will be fresh and keen to win deals for next season, either at Firhill or elsewhere.

Up front I would go with Dools. Surprised he didn't start today as he has a really good record against Queens. Having seen his two recent performances against Cowdenbeath I don't really buy the argument that we need Craig's physical presence. Dools acquitted himself really well against the big Cowden defence and looks really dangerous right now.

Really worried about our discipline this season. I make that 10 red cards this season. Other teams see this and look to turn ot to their advantage and sadly we seem only to willing to oblige.

Set off today with hopes of a great day out knowing we were in for a tough one as

Queens are a really good cup side, but wtf.

Things started badly as a steward told me Thistle fans couldn't park at the college car park.

Cop I was chatting to later told me I should have just ignored her.

Car park at the ground was full up - at 2.30!

45 mins before k.o. and fancied a pie & bovril. No pies at one kiosk , no bovril at the other.

Day not going well.

Went for a piss in portoloo (yes, portoloo, ffs, in a cup final stadium!!! ).

Couldn't see a friggin' thing as no light inside

Just thanked the lord I was going now and not later on in the afternoon.

Put any lingering thoughts of pie and bovril aside for today.

Couldn't believe I was seeing an a England St.George's flag flying amongst us.

WTF!! We're on the teuchter telly as well.

Knew then things were just going to go from bad to worse.

And they did.. It's was like we were back in the second division.

What happened to our sweet passing game from earlier in the season?

Today it was all kick and rush and the movement of Sinclair and O'Donnnell so predictable I think I could take

the ball off them with a blindfold on.

QOS wanted it more and deserved to lift the trophy, although I couldn't believe the ref didn't give that ***** in goal

for Queens a second yellow.

Oh and the 'pitch invasion'. Just embarassing, makes us look like a small time club imo.

Surprised we got as far as a penalty shoot out.

I like Foxy, and he put in a decent performance today, but I've had a wee rant about him on this forum before about

his penalty saving technique, and although he saved one, law of averages? , the Queens keeper always looked

more likely to make the save as he attacked the ball rather than just picking a corner to dive at.

Hope Paton, McMillan, and Forbes are all in from the start on Wednesday and we can put things back on track.

• Like 2

Queens deserved to win. They were nothing special but well drilled.

We had a real off-day today. Felt we only really picked up with the introduction of, slightly bizarrely, Forbes being introduced and being a bit more combative in the middle.

Don't think Forbes is combative (though maybe in comparison to how feeble our midfield was earlier) but what he can do is hold the ball up under pressure which gives him time to pick passes. As someone said he should have been on much earlier as we were giving the ball away all the time.

RE Sinclair and O'Donnell: as someone else pointed out they had 2, 3 men on them all the time but what that means is we should have plenty of space to play elsewhere only you have to have players alert and moving to take advantage. Our midfield was mostly deadbeat today.

Edited by Mr Bunny

not read the full thread so apologies if I'm repeating others

Couldn't believe we continually humped high balls into the box when we were 2nd best to every one. It was obvious from early in the 1st half that Sinclair and O'donnell couldn't get the crosses in yet we never changed our tactics. Not wanting to criticise Archie but how many times did you see the queens bench cal the players over and give them instruction?

Hate the "never turned up" phrase used by players. It's a cup final. A possible once in a career chance to lift a trophy. How the f*ck can you not turn up and give your best game?

All that aside we move on to the big prize on Wed and let's conclude this season and mark it as a League winning and cup finalist team. Similar to our League winning and Scottish Cup Semi finalist team.

• Like 1

... and I really don't understand why there was a St Georges cross flag with Spurs and RAF symbols on it. Someone will have to explain that to me.

Only Partick Thistle could make such a colossal f**k up of a cup final.

guy in front of me ripped it down at half time. ppl singing wrong club wrong flag.

• Like 1

Wow. Where to start?

There's been a lot of chat about how poorly O'Donnell played. While I agree that he didn't have a great game, he wasn't helped by the fact that Muirhead - who normally seeks him out on the right flank - decided instead to hoof it forward at every given chance. Also, in the absence of Paton there was no-one in midfield making themselves available to the right-sided defenders.

James Craigan - he's not yet ready. He shows great enthusiasm and is definitely one for the future, but he lacks discipline and positional understanding.

Archie shares a lot of the blame here. Why were the team playing a high-ball game? Why take off Lawless and put on Elliot, who is another enthusiastic but largely ineffective player. Queens pushed up on our fullbacks and thereby nullified much of our threat. Where was the reaction from the bench?

Very poor all round. Only Balatoni and Doolan come out of the game with any credit.

not read the full thread so apologies if I'm repeating others

Couldn't believe we continually humped high balls into the box when we were 2nd best to every one. It was obvious from early in the 1st half that Sinclair and O'donnell couldn't get the crosses in yet we never changed our tactics. Not wanting to criticise Archie but how many times did you see the queens bench cal the players over and give them instruction?

It appears to be the Archibald/Paterson way. I am still confident they'll win the league and smash Morton one on Wednesday. Try reconciling that with an unbeaten run of six games and winning the league.

guy in front of me ripped it down at half time. ppl singing wrong club wrong flag.

Well done to that guy. That banner was really getting on my wick. nothing to do with Thistle and put up by a couple of casuals, although helped to do so by genuine Jags fans.What was that all about?
  • Like 1

Well done to that guy. That banner was really getting on my wick. nothing to do with Thistle and put up by a couple of casuals, although helped to do so by genuine Jags fans.What was that all about?

Pleased for you. There were other matters to be concerned with today.