Never Turned Up!

Metzmagic

It was my friend wee tom. I asked the police (who were useless) to remove it as it was obscuring the fire escape signs, and whilst i was speaking to them he ripped it down.

Said he lost it when a bloke in a kilt had to duck under it to get through the tunnel.

• Like 1

Wow. Where to start?

There's been a lot of chat about how poorly O'Donnell played. While I agree that he didn't have a great game, he wasn't helped by the fact that Muirhead - who normally seeks him out on the right flank - decided instead to hoof it forward at every given chance. Also, in the absence of Paton there was no-one in midfield making themselves available to the right-sided defenders.

James Craigan - he's not yet ready. He shows great enthusiasm and is definitely one for the future, but he lacks discipline and positional understanding.

Archie shares a lot of the blame here. Why were the team playing a high-ball game? Why take off Lawless and put on Elliot, who is another enthusiastic but largely ineffective player. Queens pushed up on our fullbacks and thereby nullified much of our threat. Where was the reaction from the bench?

Very poor all round. Only Balatoni and Doolan come out of the game with any credit.

I'd argue Forbes's case.

Very disappointing performance. Watched the full game again in all it's (non) glory.

Think Archie got the team wrong today, should've started with Doolan and brought Forbes on a lot sooner.

SOD had a nightmare, nothing he did came off although I give him credit for not hiding. Team look like they are tired and on another day would've torn Queens a new one.

Need to pick ourselves up for Wednesday which is by far the bigger game.

Fans were class, we never stopped singing in the North Stand. Compare that to the sweetie paper rustlers in the Queens end. 90% of them hadn't a clue how to support a football team.

And call me a moron all you want but I loved the pitch invasion. Wouldn't have been the right thing to do if we had scored for example in the first half but to score when we did, with the last kick of the game, was totally understandable.

guy in front of me ripped it down at half time. ppl singing wrong club wrong flag.

As I understand it, a few Spurs fans travelled up to support Thistle; so I don't see why the flag should have caused offence. Never heard any Spurs songs being sung; whatever they are and, TBH, I don't know any! But nice of them to come join the party and it's a shame it all went flat.

I actually spoke to a few of the Spurs boys at a post-game do and gather that they make the effort to travel to a few Thistle games. They seem to like the notion of us standing in between the so-called big Glasgow two; whoever they are.

In terms of the team and the game, Q of S sussed out how to play us and put in a good performance on the day. We tried hard but came up short - it was a brutally long game and they hung in for their win. A few jittery performances from key players and Queen's dug deep and niggled well. But fair dos, it was a cup final and they took their chance and did what they had to to win. That also includes their keeper who got right under my skin. (That's actually quite civil for this time of night!)

No sour grapes and congratulations to them. We now move onto Wednesday night when we can more-or-less win the league. (Morton trolls will no doubt disagree; but what do they know.)

• Like 1

After finishing watching it back it is clear that Erskine and Lawless were the two that cost us the game. Centre halfs and goalie were great. Three central midfielders were ok, lost out a lot of challenges and second balls but still did ok. The full backs didnt play well but I really put this down to having no-one to play off. Where was Erskine and Lawless' support? They played far too central and didn't exploit the wings. Doolan did better than Craig but can't blame the strikers in games like this when the service is non-existent.

For morton i'd drop Erskine and Lawless, nothing against them but they have simply been burned out and are far too tired. They need a rest, no point playing a player if they are too tired as today proves that no size of occasion is big enough to simply play through. Leaves a problem for who comes in. I would play Dowie, McMillan and Forbes against Morton. Would also be tempted to start with Craig again but bring Dools on at half time if it isn't working. Also sorely missing Paton at the moment. If we don't have him on wednesday we will lose. If he does play, I think it should be in place of Bannigan - a game on the bench will do him good.

A draw would be great on Wednesday.

• Like 1

I was hoping the performance against raith on Tuesday night was just a bad day at the office but now I'm not so sure. I thought we looked tired today but its no excuse.Not sure how the team will react to today's defeat. It'll either fire them up or do the opposite. The only thing I can say with certainty is that they Greenock scumbags will be right up for Wednesday and another dis-jointed display like the last two games will not go unpunished.

This is where Archie will earn his stripes....it's do or die time!!

Watched the game today, the better team won... Thistle were very disappointing. I wouldn't gloat over the result, but the 'Greenock scumbags' comment is out of order.

In a national cup final which club had a player send off for an act of thuggery? (the second player of the season, at least, to be sent off for head-butting)

Which set of fans invaded the pitch during a televised cup final?

Which of the top two teams in the First Division has by far the worst disciplinary record?

Which set of fans earlier in the season booed an opposition player as he was stretchered off with a broken leg?

I always used to quite like Thistle as a club, partly because I had a mate at uni that was a Thistle fan and we'd have some good banter about the games, but I also thought the Thistle support seemed a decent bunch in general.. However, I'd have to say that some of your players and an element of your support have tarnished your clubs image this season. I'm certainly not alone in thinking that.

Edited by greenton

We may have lost a cup(which many would have rendered meaningless at the start of the season), but let's go and win a league.

The media are doubting us. Morton are gloating at us. Let's go out there and say "**** you" and win the league.

Anyone with me?

One Thistle

Archies Army

We Believe

Together Anything Is Possible

• Like 3

We missed the presence of Paton today. Forbes looked different class when he came on. Wish we had him for the corners in the first fifteen minutes. Need psychological strength and a bit of guile and craft to see off Morton on Wednesday.

I'm as pissed off as every other Thistle fan tonight at missing out on a bit of silverware today, but what we as fans really need is perspective. Things didn't happen for us today, but I'm not going to start laying into Muirhead, Lawless, O'Donnell or Erskine for what I might personally perceive as being their part in it. I suspect that we all thought that QotS were going to turn up and play the expansive passing style (?) of football that won them the 2nd Division. They didn't so it ended up being a bit of a war of attrition. We looked a bit panicky and couldn't settle into our usual rhythm. The result today is for the history books...

...and Wednesday isn't yet.

I always used to quite like Thistle as a club, partly because I had a mate at uni that was a Thistle fan and we'd have some good banter about the games, but I also thought the Thistle support seemed a decent bunch in general.. However, I'd have to say that some of your players and an element of your support have tarnished your clubs image this season. I'm certainly not alone in thinking that.

Serious question. Are there really Thistle fans on your forum, Johnny Morton?. If so, more fool them; either way, why are you here? Seriously, are you really so Johnny nae-mates that you have to come and infect our space?

Also, standing in a queue down at the harbour offering blowys to sailors for the price of a bag of smack isn't "being at uni". As for "real good banter" did it sound like "erummm rummm aowww" - because your face was totally crammed with Polish seaman?

Edited by Watson Towers
  • Like 1

Thought the Queen's keeper was very cute. As an ex keeper I'd have done exactly the same. Thought we were poor today, our big players weren't at the races. Roll on Wednesday. I can't wait. Fans were great today and I thought the mini pitch invasion was a good bit if fun. Can't believe there's some folk on here having a go at it.

Serious question. Are there really Thistle fans on your forum, Johnny Morton?. If so, more fool them; either way, why are you here? Seriously, are you really so Johnny nae-mates that you have to come and infect our space?

Also, standing in a queue down at the harbour offering blowys to sailors for the price of a bag of smack isn't "being at uni". As for "real good banter" did it sound like "erummm rummm aowww" - because your face was totally crammed with Polish seaman?

Ahh.. clever stuff. Witty,

Impending implosion. :happy2:

• Like 1

Ahh.. clever stuff. Witty,

Impending implosion. :happy2:

Watched the game today, the better team won... Thistle were very disappointing. I wouldn't gloat over the result, but the 'Greenock scumbags' comment is out of order.

In a national cup final which club had a player send off for an act of thuggery? (the second player of the season, at least, to be sent off for head-butting)

Which set of fans invaded the pitch during a televised cup final?

Which of the top two teams in the First Division has by far the worst disciplinary record?

Which set of fans earlier in the season booed an opposition player as he was stretchered off with a broken leg?

... and the point you're trying to make is what exactly? That we got into a final that Morton couldn't and were beaten on the day by a team who played well and deserved their victory? There I said it... does that please you? Not really that hard to say and we'll no doubt get beaten once or twice when we are promoted to the SPL. As they say: that's fitba! It's what makes it interesting.

Anyway, if you truly detest Thistle then why bother coming onto our forum? Why not just give us a wide bearth? Win win for eveyone. But to answer a few of your points, the head-butt was unfortunate and probably inexcusable - I don't know what provocation there was (but it worked!) and the pitch invasion was no more than a few young lads enjoying the moment. Nothing more than that. Hardly a mass invasion by louts looking to cause trouble.

In terms of trying to wind us all up, yours is a commendable effort: perhaps 3 out of 10. (Feel free to come into the S&G on Wednesday night before and after. I might even allow you to buy me a pint! :thumbsup2: )

watching the Watford Vs Cardiff game, great seeing all the red yellow n black scarfs, it's like Jags game, will watch the Barca game, MotD with a few swallies. will probably watch our Ramsdens cup journey a few times to get me in the mood. Morton winning was a bummer right enough!

I'd rather have had today in front of 6000 Jags fans than whatever Morton were doing this weekend.

:split:

My opinions of the game, for what they are worth:

We were nowhere near our best

We need Paton back for Wednesday

Great Glesga kiss from Aaron, but wtf did you really need to do that? stupid.

Pitch invasion was really funny....not smart or clever....but at least everyone got back quickly.

The lads need to step up or we will lose this league which will be a crying shame for them and us. I think we can still do it though.

The OneThistle party in Byres Rd was a total blast.....haven't seen that many drunk and happy Jags together for years....brilliant.

I'll be down again from Aberdeen in my usual seat on Wednesday.

Mon the Jags. I need this.

Oh aye, and the queens keeper is a prick.

Edited by Aberdeenjag
  • Like 1

Why are people rattled by Morton fans being on our forum?

Thistle fans have aimed "banter", and abuse, at Morton, sometimes at their OFFICIAL twitter, and we expect nothing back?

The Jagscast are just enjoying the fact that we have something to fight for in April.

WeGotThis TogetherAnythingIsPossible

Did we lose today after 90 minutes?

Let's grasp the positives and heap it on the team(who are probably feeling utter crap) rather than pick semantics.

Did we lose today after 90 minutes?

Let's grasp the positives and heap it on the team(who are probably feeling utter crap) rather than pick semantics.

A cup final might just last longer than 90 minutes....

I'm happy to look at the positives and tweeted most of the team to say just that.

Lets not split the support with semantics.

I'll be in my normal seat on Wednesday, cheering on our team as always.

Mon the Jags.

Edited by Aberdeenjag

A cup final might just last longer than 90 minutes....

I'm happy to look at the positives and tweeted most of the team to say just that.

Lets not split the support with semantics.

I'll be in my normal seat on Wednesday, cheering on our team as always.

Mon the Jags.

I wasn't splitting the support with semantics.

We never lost after 90 minutes(which is what every league game is judged against).

We only looked like conceding a goal twice in the game(Fox's fantastic save, and the Nicky Clark miss[which was flagged for offside anyway])

Isn't that a positive for Wednesday?

I wasn't splitting the support with semantics.

We never lost after 90 minutes(which is what every league game is judged against).

We only looked like conceding a goal twice in the game(Fox's fantastic save, and the Nicky Clark miss[which was flagged for offside anyway])

Isn't that a positive for Wednesday?

There are a few positives for Wednesday.....not least of which is that we all still believe.

And call me a moron all you want but I loved the pitch invasion. Wouldn't have been the right thing to do if we had scored for example in the first half but to score when we did, with the last kick of the game, was totally understandable.

I'm certainly not calling you a moron.

I will ask the question though, do you think it showed the club in a good light? Do you think it proves to the relevant decision-makers that our club can be entrusted with the "no police" policy or the fact that the club were wishing to pursue the selling of alcohol at matches?

Did you watch it on tv? It certainly wasn't all positive. Fans giving the v's to Queens fans and confronting the Queens keeper. It does NOTHING but harm the club. The club i love. So yeah, I think they're morons.

• Like 2

I'm certainly not calling you a moron.

I will ask the question though, do you think it showed the club in a good light? Do you think it proves to the relevant decision-makers that our club can be entrusted with the "no police" policy or the fact that the club were wishing to pursue the selling of alcohol at matches?

Did you watch it on tv? It certainly wasn't all positive. Fans giving the v's to Queens fans and confronting the Queens keeper. It does NOTHING but harm the club. The club i love. So yeah, I think they're morons.

Are you a robot? The answer is no.

Do you have emotions? The answer is yes.

Jags fans(myself included, though I was NOT on pitch) went absolutely mental at that goal.

The club will probably get fined, but the fans didn't attack a player(apart from one mutant who tried to) and they retreated themselves(for fear of being chucked out for pens)!

Let them enjoy their moment.

Though if proper stewarding was in place it wouldn't have happened :innocent2:

we were poor. QotS, unfortunately deserved the win.

sinclair and o'donell had no space to play in (how small is that pitch?) and the surface was shaved like a skinhead's. lawless (smallest player on the park?) couldn't keep his feet, that's how bad the surface was. doolan should've started the craig on as plan b. passing overall was woeful fullstop (did we actually string 3 passes together - apart from our goal) and blah their keeper is a c....t

anyhow hope the team refuels and the promotion bus gets back on track on wednesday because THAT IS WHAT COUNTS.

beep beep!