A Thousand In The North Stand - Can We Do It?

ian_mac

Biggest game Firhill has seen in over a decade.

Morton saying they are bringing over 2,000

Players hurting after Sunday.

Anyone who wants to back the team for 90 minutes and create the kind of noise that a game like this deserves - get yourself in to the North Stand and roar the team on to the 1st Division Title.

Passion, Pride - Partick Thistle

• Like 1

Anyone who wants to back the team for 90 minutes and create the kind of noise that a game like this deserves - get yourself in to the North Stand and roar the team on to the 1st Division Title.

Not that I doubt that's what they may bring, it's just strange that they could potentially bring more to Firhill than they can get for a home game. Proof if ever it was needed that they're only here to see the Thistle??

I'll be in the North Stand anyway!! Come on!

Not that I doubt that's what they may bring, it's just strange that they could potentially bring more to Firhill than they can get for a home game. Proof if ever it was needed that they're only here to see the Thistle??

I'll be in the North Stand anyway!! Come on!

To be fair, you could say the same about us and the game at Livi on Sunday.

I'd love to think Moron are bringing 2000 but considering their last 2 home games have been 1500 & 1700 & that would include away fans & Welsh visitors!!!

We've a big chance here to out number the, 3:1 & home advantage.

I know there were a lot of youngsters & family at Sunday's final but also a few 'lapsed' fans. To them especially, get you @rse along to Firhill tomorrow night.

Lets do this.

I'd love to think Moron are bringing 2000 but considering their last 2 home games have been 1500 & 1700 & that would include away fans & Welsh visitors!!!

We've a big chance here to out number the, 3:1 & home advantage.

I know there were a lot of youngsters & family at Sunday's final but also a few 'lapsed' fans. To them especially, get you @rse along to Firhill tomorrow night.

Lets do this.

People turn out for 'crunch' games. I know of many that will be going to their first away game of the season - I believe that Morton will take in excess of 2000 to Firhill.

A week ago I'd have made Thistle favourites, but things have changed. Fairly optimistic.

People turn out for 'crunch' games. I know of many that will be going to their first away game of the season - I believe that Morton will take in excess of 2000 to Firhill.

A week ago I'd have made Thistle favourites, but things have changed. Fairly optimistic.

I'm really curious to know what you think has changed.

What, exactly has changed recently, other than the fact that we are now top of the league with clear daylight between you and us, and we have a game in hand? We're also unbeaten since January, and have scored 30 goals and conceded just 6 since then.

Looking forward to an exciting game, and certainly hope that Morton do indeed bring a big crowd.

Genuinely hope you do bring 2000 just can't see it. Like I said, last couple of home attendances for a start.

As others have pointed out there is now daylight between us & yourself. A must win game for you guys as any other result will see status quo with one less game.

Also, a midweek away game usually sees a few less travel.

We'll see.

Greenton, you seem like a guy who is here for genuine discussion - unlike "the man".

I'm asking you this, not as a wind up, but genuinely interested in your opinion.

Why have the attendances been so bad this year? Do you think it has anything to do with the state of the ground?

Before you think I'm getting on my high horse - Considering that we ourselves are challenging for the league I am slightly disappointed with our attendances as well.

I always thought of Thistle and Morton as clubs of similar stature so am genuinely shocked that you guys have struggled to get 2,000 through the gates on so many occasions.

Edited by ian_mac

I'm really curious to know what you think has changed.

What, exactly has changed recently

We've been distinctly average in our last 2 games?

Granted we have, in effect, drawn them both and another draw will suit us far better than Morton but all the excitement when coming out of Central Park last Saturday seems a distant memory now.

We've been distinctly average in our last 2 games?

Granted we have, in effect, drawn them both and another draw will suit us far better than Morton but all the excitement when coming out of Central Park last Saturday seems a distant memory now.

Where I don't disagree with what you say, I would say there's one major difference between those games & Wednesday- Firhill.

Pitch at Starks Park not the best & them launching balls towards Graham suited them better than us probably.

Sunday- well I think we didn't play well but they got their tactics spot on. Tight pitch, press the full backs, kick Lawless & Erskine (tangent but I think that first challenge on Erskine with elbow in back could've been a red) out the game. At the start if second half they booted ball straight out. Playing for territory almost.

Anyway, not impossible to do at Firhill but bigger pitch makes that sort of thing a lot harder to do.

Dowie will freshen up back 4. McMillan I'll but would've expected him to start if wasn't. Think Bannigan will be ok (only played 90 mins). Forbes will start I reckon in place of Craigen & Craig/Dools played 60 mins each. On top of that we've got players very determined to make up for Sunday.

That on top of a home crowd...

Only fairly optimistic ******? I'd have thought you'd have been very optimistic. Some may even suggest that it's only yours to lose; or are nerves getting the better of you? (You'll note that I've taken an oblique stab at your name; too many things dropping into place or maybe me just showing a degree of paranoia! If you are who I think you are, I may have to take personal responsibility for pointing you in the direction of this excellent forum. I do not, however, take responsibility for the other GM cretin that posts.)

It would be great if Morton bring 2000+ supporters. Even ~1500 would be good.

I'll be there in the North Stand, nails bitten to ****.

Agree totally, we need big games like this one and in many ways it's of far more importance than Sunday's muscle-sapping event; which although it ended in defeat was a great day oot! I seriously hope Morton are able to bring a big support. After all, they're only going to see the Thistle!

North Stand for my merry band. It will be bouncin' :thumbsup2: (Good thread Ian, gets us away from other nonsense and focused on football!)

Excellent thread - hopefully a lot of lapsed fans and neutrals will make it along as well

I have been at all but 2 home games this season and only missed them due to being abroad.

I hope that I get my usual place in the North Stand tomorrow and that it is not taken by some "Lapsed" glory hunter !!!!!

I'll be in the North Stand tomorrow and bringing three neutrals (1 Killie, 1 Falkirk, 1 non-aligned) with me - the fact you can stand and there will be atmosphere has convinced them to give it a shot when there's no way they'd go to sit cold in the Jackie Husband. Only negative is that I'll be nervous as hell and they'll all be quite relaxed - as long as we win it'll be fine. Hoping for another goal celebration like Sunday - don't know how many randoms I was hugging and were hugging me but it was bedlam.