Clyde's New Club Captain

Another slate adam strachan thread from the perfect partick thistle preachers society!

Hope he can ressurrect his career..as to the drinking buckfast in the park...so what... i suppose if he was drinking Bollinger from a glass beside a picnic hamper that would have been fine..

Shut the **** up. He battered his wife and isn't exactly a model pro considering he'd be on the streets or at the dancing getting wrecked on a Friday night before a game.

I'm generally all for giving people second, even third chances, but when he takes those and proceeds to stick the nut in his burd, I think you can understand us calling him a ned and slagging him off.

He stuck the nut IN his bird? Now that is neddy/deviant behaviour by anyone's standards! :o

I'm quite heartened by the evidence that this forum still has a few people who will try to claim the moral high ground when it's already covered in jaggies and cow dung.

I don't see how anyone can defend this boy, considering the contempt he has shown towards those giving him chance after chance.

Also, couldn't cross a ball for buttons.

Shut the **** up. He battered his wife and isn't exactly a model pro considering he'd be on the streets or at the dancing getting wrecked on a Friday night before a game.

Everyone seems to forget his girlfriend that he stuck the nut in was pregnant and he blamed the consumption of 23 pints of beer that night, as if that's an excuse. ****.

Pair of seething teenagers.

One Adam Strachan.

I wasn't meaning my point about him drinking the buckfast to be a "class" dig. More of a point that it's not exactly the sort of behaviour you would expect from a professional footballer, even more so a captain.

jings, crivvens and help ma boab - footballers really shouldn't be seen drinking at all eh? - what utter nonsense so he was allegedly having a wee swally watching an amateur pre-season match so what's the harm ... I blame Geordie Best - I mean before him they were all tab smoking junkies!

I remember reading an interview in the Daily Record about him wanting to ditch his bad boy tag after leaving Partick Thistle and then about 6 months later reading about him headbutting his girlfriend after a bender and thinking... Good job son. :rolleyes:

Edited by Graemei

I'm quite heartened by the evidence that this forum still has a few people who will try to claim the moral high ground when it's already covered in jaggies and cow dung.

I don't see how anyone can defend this boy, considering the contempt he has shown towards those giving him chance after chance.

Also, couldn't cross a ball for buttons.

Comes from the same bale of hay as Aiden O'Traitor

Strachan has lots of ability but his off field activities have threatened his career. I hope that he matures and can have a successful future in the game.

I dont.

The guy is a wee ned of the highest order. I wish I had had the chances in life that he has had. There's not been a day gone by where I haven't thought of how good it would have been to pull on the red and yellow and play for the team I love. He's wasted every chance he's ever had in the game.

I couldn't give two hoots if he ends up a total waster boring people in the pub about what might have been.

Edited by GrantB

I dont.

The guy is a wee ned of the highest order. I wish I had had the chances in life that he has had. There's not been a day gone by where I haven't thought of how good it would have been to pull on the red and yellow and play for the team I love. He's wasted every chance he's ever had in the game.

I couldn't give two hoots if he ends up a total waster boring people in the pub about what might have been.

In the unlikely event that he would ever have access to a pub, that is.

Strachan has lots of ability but his off field activities have threatened his career. I hope that he matures and can have a successful future in the game.

Not wishing the guy any harm but if successful futures are limited I'd much rather see fellas like Ricky Little, Graeme Eaglesham, Scott Chaplain, Simon Storey, Stevie Murray & Stephen McKeown getting the breaks.