Team Vs. Airdrie

ThickAsThieves

I really don't understand people that don't like or think Forbes doesn't "put in a shift". I really think these people don't properly watch the game (not going to say "know nothing about football" - hate that phrase that fans use). He's a great player and shouldn't be operating in the 1st division.

If anyone has a doubt I really would suggest spending the next game just watching Forbes. He covers a big area, is never wasteful and always there to help out for a pass. Yes, he isn't the fastest, but also not as slow as people suggest. He's the same pace as Welsh and probably Paton. Shame he doesn't just have that extra yard to be an out and out winger.

Is it not that time of year when players have to start thinking about a new contract ( not sure when Forbes deal runs out while typing this ) ?

Is that a factor perhaps or the sudden realisation that he could be playing SPL next season ?

Who knows all the answers but he is an amazing player to watch when in the mood. If only he was in the mood more often he would be playin with Messi ( I know ! )

I work with a guy that's friends with Forbes and he was saying that Forbes is some way down the road to agreeing a new deal

Whoever starts this afternoon I just hope they're up for it from the off. I'm just a little bit concerned about the references to

the SPL on this forum as if the title's in the bag already.

If we only come away with a repeat of the draw we managed earlier in the season, or worse, and Morton win at home today

then that wee chink of light could motivate Morton to follow up with a 3 game winning run to end the season.

It's not inconceivable in this league that we could only take 6 pts from our remaining four games after today which would

hand Morton the title.

So c'mon Thistle, get tore against this Airdire mob and come away with a comfortable win to settle my nerves a wee bit.

Whoever starts this afternoon I just hope they're up for it from the off. I'm just a little bit concerned about the references to

the SPL on this forum as if the title's in the bag already.

If we only come away with a repeat of the draw we managed earlier in the season, or worse, and Morton win at home today

then that wee chink of light could motivate Morton to follow up with a 3 game winning run to end the season.

It's not inconceivable in this league that we could only take 6 pts from our remaining four games after today which would

hand Morton the title.

So c'mon Thistle, get tore against this Airdire mob and come away with a comfortable win to settle my nerves a wee bit.

I'm quIte confident but agree that nothing's won yet. A big performance today would go a long way. Come on Thistle!

Kinda off topic a bit with this post but...

I'm one of Forbes critics but its purely frustration.

The guy can pick a pass, beat a man & his set pieces are invaluable BUT the frustration sets in when you see someone like Steven Craig sprinting by him at Hamilton busting a gut to get the ball whilst he's standing still.

There are plenty other examples like this.

& for all those who say tackling's not his game & he's in there for other reasons, well look at the best teams defending from the front, pressing in the middle until they get the ball back. Lawless & Erskine have done that for us all season & yet they are supposedly our attacking threat.

The guy's ability is not in question, we've all witnessed that this season, but he was released from Motherwell & found himself struggling to get a club despite the obvious ability & ended up at Dumbarton on trial!

No disrespect to Dumbarton but there must be a reason why a guy like Forbes with all his ability was t snapped up by a 'better' team.

I hope he proves me wrong but as someone else said, if you're not fit at this stage of the season, will you ever be?

Kinda off topic a bit with this post but...

I'm one of Forbes critics but its purely frustration.

The guy can pick a pass, beat a man & his set pieces are invaluable BUT the frustration sets in when you see someone like Steven Craig sprinting by him at Hamilton busting a gut to get the ball whilst he's standing still.

That would indeed be a shocker!